• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Why the post merge fee when it comes to the Able Sisters board???

Miii

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Silver Mailbox
Mailbox
User Title Color Change
Ruby
Pink Hybrid Lily
Isabelle
I lose tbt every time I post my designs in my clothing thread, even though I feel like I'm contributing to the forum, not making a nuisance of myself by repeat posting.

I can put a maximum of 15 pictures in each post, so I could be posting 3 designs per post without including pictures of what the design looks like on a character, but I prefer to do that so people have an idea of what it looks like on. To make things look neater, I've been posting designs one at a time with a picture of it on a character (5 pictures total in each post). Posting 6 designs just cost me around 40 tbt :/

I'd like some help/ suggestions from the staff here, though advice from members is welcome, too.

You're not losing TBT Bells for post merges, you're losing TBT Bells because you're uploading your images using the forum image uploader, which costs 2 TBT Bells/image to host it on the site. If you don't want to pay this fee, simply use an external site, such as Imgur, to upload your images, and then post the IMG URL in the
tags. It doesn't cost any TBT Bells that way, and I personally find it much easier to use than the forum uploader.

Oh, okay. I've been using an N3DS to upload my pictures because I don't have an SD adaptor for my laptop, but I guess I can still try uploading to imgur first. Thanks for the tip!

You're not losing TBT Bells for post merges, you're losing TBT Bells because you're uploading your images using the forum image uploader, which costs 2 TBT Bells/image to host it on the site. If you don't want to pay this fee, simply use an external site, such as Imgur, to upload your images, and then post the IMG URL in the
tags. It doesn't cost any TBT Bells that way, and I personally find it much easier to use than the forum uploader.

Is this something relatively new? I don't remember ever losing bells before, well about five months ago and going back from there. More recent yes but not back then.

Last edited:
Is this something relatively new? I don't remember ever losing bells before, well about five months ago and going back from there. More recent yes but not back then.

Yeah, I think it's always been there.

evZuTYQ.png

Back