• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Freaky bugs ingame

ChillyKio

Bells
Lobo
Pavé
Jack
Tasty Cake
Do any of the bugs in game genuinely freak you out?

Scorpions and tarantulas can be pretty frightening. They offer what is considered the closest thing to death in AC. I always jump when one charges after me!

I also HATE the wharf roaches. They look really gross in my opinion. All those... legs? And how it scurries around so quickly.... ick.

House centipede
It's just more scary then the regular centipede
With there much more and long legs
Ewww

tbh all bugs scare me irl but in this game all but dragonflies tree bugs and butterflies scare me so its not any different lol
especially tarantulas and scorpions like crap nearly gave me a heart attack once

Petaltail Dragonfly. Came across it today. It was almost as big as my character. It looked nasty

Well when I saw for the first time the tarantula and the scorpion I used to get very nervious, but because I wanted to catch them and I wasn't sure if I could do it lol and yeah the fact that you can "die" was also very frightening

Also I was very impress the first time I saw the oak silk moth, to see a bug so big so suddenly in a tree, I was like "WTF IS THAT?!"

Oak Silk Moths blend in with the tree trunks and always make me jump in rl when they suddenly fly away. Tarantulas........ewwwwwww...too many legs.......ick!

Petaltail Dragonfly. Came across it today. It was almost as big as my character. It looked nasty

Yeah, they're ginormous. I was curious how big they were in real life and they are about the size of your hand. Pretty crazy!

Tarantulas by far. I remember when my character caught it and held it in his hands like it wouldn't be a big deal to him. I was freaking out and never want to catch a tarantula again...

Those huuuuuuge moth thingys that appear on trees after 6PM, whatever they're called?
They're literally huge, and they're horrifying! :eek:

Quite a few of them....the tarantula is just terrifying. It's so fast moving, before now I have just frozen when it has come running up to me. I'm terrified of spiders in real life though. The house centipede is disgusting. I couldn't believe how big it was. The Goliath beetle really freaks me out too for some reason. It might be its colours....it reminds me of a cockroach

Honeybees always freak me out because it always makes me think there's a fly in the room or a bee. Although I dislike spiders more, it makes me pretty paranoid that there's a fly in the room since they can be so annoying whenever you're trying to do something. All in all the majority of bugs in game really don't bother me for some reason whereas in real life bugs really gross me out. Like reeeeally gross me out. Yet I seem to be unfazed by them in animal crossing.

Scorpions and Tarantulas xD

Yeah, they are super scary. I didn't know they did that, so the first time a scorpion did that to me, I got so scared and just tried running away from it. It didn't work out. xD

The tarantula when they disappear, that noise makes me really uncomfortable

Tarantulas and spiders.

Also the house centipede..ugh those legs, makes my skin crawl.

Scorpion... I tried to catch one and I jumped when I died lmao. I feel like id cry Id a tarantula scared me.

Back