• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you believe Donald Trump will win the presidency?

Do you believe Trump will win against Clinton?

• Yes

Votes: 59 30.9%
  • No

Votes: 132 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think they should have drug tested the candidates before the debate like Trump wanted. He was definitely on something.

Both complete morons. Disqualify Hilary for the emails and give Bernie a second chance. He's the only one who actually cares at all about the people.

Couldn't watch the final debate tonight because of work. Can anyone fill me in on what happened?

Donald was like "gonna build a wall" and Hilary was just like "but you did this thing that was very bad of you" and they shouted other each other at least three times.

anyone who says they arent voting because they dont like clinton or trump should at least vote for johnson, since its essentially not voting anyway but you made an effort
Libertarians are gross

- - - Post Merge - - -

The best election to occur in my lifetime is 2004. But I was only a kid during that time.

If this year is your first year voting, I am terribly sorry that we have a disaster in this election (where both the Democrats and Republicans have horrible choices for candidates).

If the election was Hillary vs Cruz, who do you think is more likely to win? And who would you more likely vote?
Cruz is worse than Trump lol he's just not as overt about it. I think it would be closer and Hillary wouldn't be leading by as far of a margin but I still think she could win.

Libertarians are gross

- - - Post Merge - - -

Cruz is worse than Trump lol he's just not as overt about it. I think it would be closer and Hillary wouldn't be leading by as far of a margin but I still think she could win.

Now I see why Cruz is less hated and why liberals are not as mean towards Cruz supporters. Somehow, liberals find him to be an even bigger threat because even if he's not as extreme as Trump on foreign issues, he is less friendly towards women's rights (even if he is more respectful to women than Trump is), LGBT rights, and the poor. Trump is at least a liberal in most issues, but Cruz is too conservative. He was one the guys that Republicans (even Texas Republicans) hates a lot.

I actually was a Cruz supporter in the primaries. I even supported him because he is very conservative. I felt America needed a strong conservative after the damage Obama did. But he lost the primaries and destroyed his political career. Even I am nicer towards the LGBT rights than any of the Republicans that ran for president in 2016 and oppose the idea of white supremacy, I am more right-winged than Cruz is, which is why I sometimes call myself McCarthy 2.0. And yet, I was able to make friends with a couple of internet liberals no matter what state on the political spectrum I am.

Last edited:
Well, I live in one of the most red states (Mississippi), and there people everywhere here talking about how they believe Barack Obama has done a terrible job as president and that now it's time to get Trump into office.

This sounds like my household on a daily basis lol xD

I feel a bit uncomfortable thinking about him being president, mostly because I am afraid that he will not live up to our expectations. But he deserves the title way more than Hillary Clinton does. I actually can't wait until he throws her in jail, where she belongs.

This sounds like my household on a daily basis lol xD

I feel a bit uncomfortable thinking about him being president, mostly because I am afraid that he will not live up to our expectations. But he deserves the title way more than Hillary Clinton does. I actually can't wait until he throws her in jail, where she belongs.

Presidents don't just throw people in jail unless it's a third world country with an authoritarian dictator. I don't think you have to worry about him living up to expectations; he's done a fantastic job lowering people's expectations for him if he somehow becomes president.

Guy at work made an interesting statement about supporting Cruz. He told a story about how Cruz visited somewhere around here, made a bunch of promises-- good and bad of course. Then he followed through on every single one of them. He said he supports Cruz because regardless of if the promises he makes are great or terrible, he will follow through. "You know exactly how f'd you are from the get-go." Can't say I disagree with the line of thought.

he wont win. most republican officials have denounced him, people who originally hated hillary are saying theyd rather she win than trump, etc.

also have you all forgotten that the winner of the election wins the most ELECTORAL votes? not popular votes... as long as the states electoral college votes clinton, it doesnt matter what sort of uneducated racist white trailer park trash vote for trump... and national polls have been showing that hillary will win.

he wont win. most republican officials have denounced him, people who originally hated hillary are saying theyd rather she win than trump, etc.

also have you all forgotten that the winner of the election wins the most ELECTORAL votes? not popular votes... as long as the states electoral college votes clinton, it doesnt matter what sort of uneducated racist white trailer park trash vote for trump... and national polls have been showing that hillary will win.

The only states that Trump really has at the moment are the Southern states, but some of them are getting more split (and they might turn blue before election day, but time will tell), and his biggest electoral count state atm is Texas(which has 38 evs). Hillary has the Northern states and most of the West Coast and those carry more of the electoral votes with the highest being California I believe (that state alone has 55 electoral votes).

Unless some bombshell announcement comes through along the lines of "She caused 9/11 alone" then she will win the presidency. I can almost guarantee it.

EDIT: I misspoke, Trump actually has most of the states according fivethirtyeight.com (which is what I use to follow the election), however Clinton has more of the important states that hold more electoral votes, most by a wide margin that would be impossible for her to loose. So even if she looses most of the states, she will win the election because she carries big states. However Trump's biggest state that has the most EVs is still Texas. Clinton still holds all the other big states, which as I reiterate, will carry her to victory

Last edited:
The only states that Trump really has at the moment are the Southern states, but some of them are getting more split (and they might turn blue before election day, but time will tell), and his biggest electoral count state atm is Texas(which has 38 evs). Hillary has the Northern states and most of the West Coast and those carry more of the electoral votes with the highest being California I believe (that state alone has 55 electoral votes).

Unless some bombshell announcement comes through along the lines of "She caused 9/11 alone" then she will win the presidency. I can almost guarantee it.

EDIT: I misspoke, Trump actually has most of the states according fivethirtyeight.com (which is what I use to follow the election), however Clinton has more of the important states that hold more electoral votes, most by a wide margin that would be impossible for her to loose. So even if she looses most of the states, she will win the election because she carries big states. However Trump's biggest state that has the most EVs is still Texas. Clinton still holds all the other big states, which as I reiterate, will carry her to victory
The winner takes it all system really doesn't work TBH. The map is dem sided the electoral College. One of the reasons why I change my answer to no that Trump will win.

The winner takes it all system really doesn't work TBH. The map is dem sided the electoral College. One of the reasons why I change my answer to no that Trump will win.

The Electoral College helped Bush win the election in 2000 even though Gore won the popular vote. The only reason why Democrats have an advantage now with the "blue wall" is because Republicans have done everything they can to alienate minority voters in the Northeast and West coast. I would like to see the Electoral College go away though because we don't really need it now that we can tabulate votes without carrying postcards on horseback like when the EC was created. Gerrymandering needs to go away too, but I doubt any changes will be made because politicians aren't going to abolish the system that keeps them in power.

The Electoral College helped Bush win the election in 2000 even though Gore won the popular vote. The only reason why Democrats have an advantage now with the "blue wall" is because Republicans have done everything they can to alienate minority voters in the Northeast and West coast. I would like to see the Electoral College go away though because we don't really need it now that we can tabulate votes without carrying postcards on horseback like when the EC was created. Gerrymandering needs to go away too, but I doubt any changes will be made because politicians aren't going to abolish the system that keeps them in power.
Trump could win the popular vote. And Hillary wins the Electoral College.

Have you forgotten about the Supreme Court case in 2000? If vote recounts were allowed, Gore would've won the election because Florida was doing the vote recounts. But due to the ruling, no state could recount their votes anymore, which is why Bush won, and why we were involved in Iraq for a long time.

Have you forgotten about the Supreme Court case in 2000? If vote recounts were allowed, Gore would've won the election because Florida was doing the vote recounts. But due to the ruling, no state could recount their votes anymore, which is why Bush won, and why we were involved in Iraq for a long time.

IKR how could anyone forget the Supreme Court case.

Arguably one of the most influential Supreme Court decisions.

IKR how could anyone forget the Supreme Court case.

Arguably one of the most influential Supreme Court decisions.

The Supreme Court can mess up too. In fact, there are two decisions, whether you're a conservative or liberal, that will always be remembered as the worst decisions ever made.

Back