• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you hacked/edited your town, or would?

GuerreraD

I'm proud to have been a Crystal Baller
Bells
Wallopoid
Will-o'-the-wisp Halloweaster Egg
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Tail
Silver Moon Jellyfish
Bee Plush
Clownfish Plush
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
A bit more than a year ago, I discovered people were hacking/editing their towns. I was so envious! Yes, I admit it shameless, because I wanted so desperately to move those damn rocks that were always in the worst spot possible! :mad:

But it was no use, because I had a physic game and updated my 3DS and don't remember what more... so it was a very short-lived dream for me :(

What about you, people? Have you hacked? How did you do it? WHY did you do it? And if not, would you have liked to? :)

no and im not particularly interested in it. maybe play w it on someone elses town lol

Nope and I don't plan to. I like the game as is, though being able to put clovers in the town square would be nice.

Yeah. I put 1000+ hours into my first town and the save got deleted. I decided I wanted to start a new town, but didn't want to spend the same amount of time map resetting, plot resetting, etc. The fun of AC for me is the collection and landscaping part, and being able to freely edit my map and customize everything to a T has made the landscaping portion more enjoyable for me.

I still play as legitimately as possible, not because I'm scared of whether or not something will brick my 3ds (It's honestly not very dangerous if you back up your saves and read up on the cans/can'ts of garden editing), but because I still want to get as much time/genuine accomplishment out of the game as possible. Hacking has just helped free up loads of time from what I consider the more tedious portions of customization in AC:NL.

I've always wanted to hack this town ever since I've seen some of the hacks especially customizable villagers!!
but I haven't found time to hack and I just updated my 2DS...

Nope. And by the time I really started reading about it, I'd already updated my systems to the point of no return.

My husband's XL has never been updated, though, so I could always try it on his.

No, I don't have any interest to hack tbh. I don't mind people who do but it's not for me. I'd just be panicking about losing my town if anything goes wrong. I also have 1 3DS so I'd rather not mess with it since I have other games on it and it being a limited edition 3DS. =v=

I did want to, but I have the new 3ds XL which was never compatible. Mostly for petty things like being able to put PWP near the edges. But with the update that's coming up I'm glad I couldn't.

What update are you talking about? :confused: What it does better relating to AC-NL?

I did want to, but I have the new 3ds XL which was never compatible. Mostly for petty things like being able to put PWP near the edges. But with the update that's coming up I'm glad I couldn't.

Actually the new3ds has more working homebrew entrypoints than the old3ds lol

No. It kind of appeals to me, but I would be scared to mess up my town! Plus its digital, so I couldnt anyway... but yeah it sounds kinda fun just from the landscaping aspect of it - thats all I would really want it for. Being able to control where villagers and shops are.

I have and I do, although it's usually minor stuff such as moving rocks and villager houses around and spawning items. I also like the fact that you can quickly evict any villager(s) you want. :D

Best thing about hacking so far was the ability to restore an old town of mine which I regretted deleting :)

Back