• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you decorate your island?

Miii

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Silver Mailbox
Mailbox
User Title Color Change
Ruby
Pink Hybrid Lily
Isabelle
I'm in the process of covering my island with pink and purple hybrids. It's taking a while because I'm having to wear them as headgear/ accessories and bring them one by one, but it already looks so much nicer than it did before. I actually want to go to my private island now, rather than going to the club tortimer islands. I'll probably post pictures when I'm done c:

now that you mention it, i kinda wanna decorate my island a bit more. currently it has a couple bushes and four trees for the sole purpose of grinding for bells. :rolleyes:

also! you can use the item transfer basket on the village dock to store your flowers, instead of wasting bells to bring 'em over one by one. unless your basket and inventory are full, in which case, i wish you the best.

now that you mention it, i kinda wanna decorate my island a bit more. currently it has a couple bushes and four trees for the sole purpose of grinding for bells. :rolleyes:

also! you can use the item transfer basket on the village dock to store your flowers, instead of wasting bells to bring 'em over one by one. unless your basket and inventory are full, in which case, i wish you the best.

You can only bring what you're wearing to the island, unfortunately, otherwise I would have done that and I would have finished it sooooo long ago xD

I bell grind there, and I just reset my town, so nope! No decoration there. Maybe some other time when I've got more going on in my town. For now, I need the bells for home remodels and PWPs.

You can only bring what you're wearing to the island, unfortunately, otherwise I would have done that and I would have finished it sooooo long ago xD

oh gosh really??? i never knew that! my bad! guess i learned something today. :eek:

I never considered decorating my island, but now that you mention it maybe I will.Thanks, you just helped me to find out what to do next! :)

I would, but I need the island very bare to bell grind properly. Maybe later down the line when I'm almost finished with my town and no longer need bells, I'll give decorating a try ^^

I have a bit. I kept it quite bare while I was having to hunt bugs for bells, now I've finished with that I've put a circle of flowers around the grassy part and decorated with a few shells on the actual grass bit. I don't go there as often as I used to

Well as for now I don't decorate that much
The only thing it has to decorate is
The blue seashells making a circle in the grass

Nah, my island is just full of junk right now XD I might think about decorating it after I get the gold bell badge, though...

i just use my island for bell grinding so i haven't bothered decorating it, but it might be nice to do so down the line

I have in my main town, my island is covered in blue and gold roses and I planted more banana and coconut trees. There's also other things courtesy of my friends.

You can have a beautiful island and bell grind as well, the two can work together.
I haven't brought hybrids over just used the flowers from tours to make coloured borders (alternate blue & yellow flowers in my case), fruit baskets, a tree stump - looks good, and I still net those bugs. (in the evening & pre 8am, the only butterfly I have to contend with is the emperor, catch & sell to little girl, soon adds up).
I make 420k in 40 mins & that includes a tour (I'm on bell boom tho!) - good enough for me.

In winter time I leave a summer set of clothes on the island that I can change into (just bring across and go back in patterns/shoeless!)

I'm in the process of covering my island with pink and purple hybrids. It's taking a while because I'm having to wear them as headgear/ accessories and bring them one by one, but it already looks so much nicer than it did before. I actually want to go to my private island now, rather than going to the club tortimer islands. I'll probably post pictures when I'm done c:

I have always kept extra of the basic flowers after doing island tours and a few would get stuck in my pockets.
And remember you can wear one hybrid on your head, and a rose in your mouth - so you can bring 2 per trip!

My Island is covered in baskets of lychee berries, random sea shells, and pitfall seeds. I stuck with items available in tours to make it easier. I did help a friend decorate their island with hybrids. You should get a group of people to visit the island with you so they can all wear hybrids and you can bring more at one time.

No, not at this point. I'm still using it to grind sharks and beetles so planting bushes or flowers wouldn't be very convenient. But of course there are other ways to decorate it that won't make catching bugs more tedious. I've thought of filling the sand with seashells like I've done in my main town and making a couple of stumps and putting down a fruit basket to make it look a bit nicer. That shouldn't complicate things as it makes just one more unwanted bug to spawn. Hmm. I should get around to actually doing that.

I don't decorate my island as it's meant for bell grinding.Really haven't done decorating on the island.

not really. i don't obtain bells usually, i just let it sit, and if i need fish or something i'll go catch it. i usually just plant the tropical fruit in my beaches anyways.

I got rid of most of my island greenery with the intention of grinding for bells, but I never really got into it and now it's kinda sad looking with nothing but beetles and wharf roaches. I have plans to decorate it after my bigger projects on the mainland are done.

Back