• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you think TBT will become worthless?

Corrie

Let the sun shine in!
Bells
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
White Hyacinth
Mother's Day Carnation
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Tulip
White Cosmos
TBT is and always has been a big want for basically everyone here. The rates for it have sky rocketed over the years as well.

Do you think TBT will become so worthless that no one will want it anymore? What do you think will spark that?

Just some fun speculation over it. Nothing to take too seriously, folks.

I have a list of things I think would get the forum more popularity:

Welcome the hacking community. They're a huge part of the community right now.

Reopen the old sections. With the ability to reconnect to the DS and Wii's Wi-Fi via custom networks, it's possible to do all that again!

Get more things similar to The Fair going. I noticed that the forum was more active than it's been in months since that happened. People are obviously into things they can participate in like that.

Finally, get a new style! I know forums running on vBulletin that have over 50 different styles, and I really think a new coat of paint would brighten things up a little.

the ability to reconnect to the DS and Wii's Wi-Fi via custom networks, it's possible to do all that again!

This. I'm an avid player of ACCF (Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City) what with the hacking and all sorts; it's great! A Wii costs ?20 so if you brick one it's not the end of the world, plus the people who created the hacks made bricking a virtually impossible task. Also I want to play ACCF with people on here, would be awesome :D

It will become worth more when the next AC game comes out and there will be demand for stuff.

I think it will gain in worth with new animal crossing games. It's certainly easier for doing trades rather than having to place out lots of Igb. Don't think it will ever stop being useful for as long as this website is around. Possibly the villager trading plaza won't be quite as busy once this update arrives, so a few members who only use it for the trading plaza might leave and it's one less use for tbt.

Finally, get a new style! I know forums running on vBulletin that have over 50 different styles, and I really think a new coat of paint would brighten things up a little.

night theme please.

but yeah that and more activities (as long as they are thought out and handled properly) i don't say no to.

nah only if the forum dies. people wont want to sell their collectibles for low prices so theyre gonna make sure that the prices stay high lol

well for me it never become worthless
maybe for now its to low on how it used to be
but that because of we have stood the same for 3 years

wait for a new animal crossing game and you see how tbt will grow back up again

it's already worthless, we put worth in it. probably won't die, unless the forum closes suddenly, because a lot of people have friends on here.

I have a list of things I think would get the forum more popularity:

Welcome the hacking community. They're a huge part of the community right now.

Reopen the old sections. With the ability to reconnect to the DS and Wii's Wi-Fi via custom networks, it's possible to do all that again!

Get more things similar to The Fair going. I noticed that the forum was more active than it's been in months since that happened. People are obviously into things they can participate in like that.

It would be a good idea if the forums also accepted the hacking community :)

Also i think it would also be a good idea if we used another style like XenForo! c:

Last edited:
TBT bells are worthless.

In some way, you are right about that. Because it's a digital currency you can get for free in reality. If you look at the real world, you would realize that TBT bells aren't real, meaning with no real worth. Yes, you do have to post to get paid, or at least sell something, but it still has no effect in reality.

The collectibles are also worthless in terms of real value. Yeah, some look very beautiful or cool, but they are still worthless. You may want to call the cheap ones "worthless", but they are all worthless. All they do is decorate the sidebar.

On the flipside, they all have worth because it's for fun. It's like getting a Pokemon in Pokemon games or a piece of furniture in Animal Crossing games. So they are worthless in real life, but worth a lot on this site. The worth of fun on TBT is the only real worth there is, and TBT Bells and collectibles count as worth of fun.

not really. as long as they keep coming with pixel collectibles and, yeah you can still buy art and stuff with them as well as off-site currency as long as both sites allow that, so yeah.

it's worthless to me as the only use for it was to buy game codes which is no longer allowed, and I don't care about collectibles

As long as there is demand for it, it will still have 'worth'. Although I think that when the new update comes out, there will be less use for TBT seeing as the Villager Trading Plaza will probably be less active.

but it's already worthless ..? People put the value in it, and in reality is has no purpose/function other than as a virtual currency used for entertainment, as others have said. Once collectibles aren't being created anymore, and the AC community dries up until the next game, it'll lose a lot of its value. But the few artists who have made TBT their home will probably try desperately to keep TBT as another valuable online currency, even though only the next AC game and those cursed pixel squares are the reason people are/will be so thirsty for it.

Back