• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Polling

Would you join the next game?

• Total voters
i put maybe but it's now a no. it's too frustrating playing when so many are mod killed or barely trying

I feel like a lot of ill sentiment towards mafia is because of my game, so if anyone has any suggestions on how to make it better from here on out, let me know! :D

I put yes, and honestly probably still would. I would not if it starts sign ups the moment Kat's game finishes, cause I'm gonna need a break after this.

I feel like a lot of ill sentiment towards mafia is because of my game, so if anyone has any suggestions on how to make it better from here on out, let me know! :D

I don't think it's your game specifically, I think it's more of a combination of everyone being busy or just uninterested because they're getting the same roles all over again. Kinda thought about doing a mafia game more akin to the Smash Camp one where everyone at least has a gun to shake things up a little.

I don't think it's your game specifically, I think it's more of a combination of everyone being busy or just uninterested because they're getting the same roles all over again. Kinda thought about doing a mafia game more akin to the Smash Camp one where everyone at least has a gun to shake things up a little.

Literally thats high risk high reward mafia

ness make the game smaller. like we've elarned that any 15+ player game on here ends up having like 4-5 freaking modkills D:

yes, exactly what tae said. I also think hosts should start shaking up their OP's a little bit. I know it's such a time saver to just copy all the rules and such, but at least leave that bit about Mafia needing a time commitment outside the spoiler. people don't read that **** unfortunately and it needs to be seen before people decide to /in

i'd host but i don't understand all the roles enough to host. maybe in time. :(

I'm so excited to host but I am worried people may shy away because of last game... @chrys I will definitely kee that in mind writing mine to mix it up and already have ideas for clarifying.

nope. I'd rather watch the drama that's been happening than participate. it's been a negative experience since the beginning so I'm just here for the popcorn and lels.

it def isn't your fault, people just dunno how to control themselves

It seems like there's a bit of a disconnect between the level of commitment and ~maturity~ some players are capable of, and the general expectations for players. Maybe a "code of conduct" that players agree to when signing up for each game that outlines the expected minimum level of commitment and behaviour could be written up? It wouldn't magically fix everything but would put some of the accountability back onto people for their actions and their choices - instead of relying on "policing" and punishing methods.

As a first-time player one of the things I weighed up before choosing to join your game was *can I commit as much time and effort to this as I "should"?* and I wasn't really sure even after reading lots of various threads. Some things you can only really know by trying, but at-a-glance ratings could make things easier for newer players in particular. A "rating system" for games could perhaps be added to the thread title for visibility : if you're looking at a nub game then the time commitment and "difficulty level" will be different to the Miraculous Ladybug Cultist game that just ended.

On the one hand, making games accessible to anyone who wants to play is fantastic. On the other hand, people should be thinking realistically about how much time they'll have to spend on playing the game before signing up. Things come up, life happens, but at the moment it seems like things are falling too heavily on the side of the hosts/organisers. It would be good to find a better balance so everyone can focus more on the game itself and less on the drama surrounding it!

Side note : Those results are split 10/10/10 right now - it looks so perfectly balanced!

Last edited:
I like the idea of creating a "code of conduct" players fill out before they join. I think i'll try making something like that for my newbie game.

I've been thinking about getting in on it here but I don't know... I started playing it on Town of Salem recently and I really enjoy it but I don't know about waiting forever for the game to slowly progress...

I've been thinking about getting in on it here but I don't know... I started playing it on Town of Salem recently and I really enjoy it but I don't know about waiting forever for the game to slowly progress...

It's very fun, there's a newbie game open for sign ups right now, we'd love to have you join.

Nope and I'm probably not gonna join a game for a long time. One i have school responsibilities and two mafia just isn't fun to me anymore as tp/town/mafia i just get no joy from it anymore and frankly I'm terrible at mafia so I'm just gonna stop for now.

Back