• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

If you ran your own TBT Event

Alolan_Apples

Apple Imperialist
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
I bet that we all had fun at the last TBT Fair. But if you were a site staff member and ran a site-wide event, what would it be? What event-exclusive collectibles would you distribute for the event? What contests or challenges would be available? What other things would you like to have in your event (like forum currency, forum theme, time of the year etc)?

I'd call it the "Ban fair". If you post at all you'd be permanently banned.

I'd call it the "Ban fair". If you post at all you'd be permanently banned.

run it secretly, tho. the mods pick a random day of the year to host it without telling anybody and their post number for the day is multiplied by 10 and the result will be how many hours they are banned

I'd run a huge scavenger hunt making all the users dig through old threads and make it seem like there's a huge reward but just laugh while they all start bumping random threads.

Here's mine:

Due to my recent obsession over apples (getting people to add apple tags, having a sidebar full of apples etc.), I've been thinking about an event all about apples. The forum currency is measured in apples. The collectibles are applesauce, apple juice, candied apple, fried apples, apple pie, and apple cider. There are two contests, where one is a drawing contest (which has to be fall-themed or apple baking themed) and the other is a fall decorating contest (where you decorate one piece of furniture or a whole room with fall decorations). There can also be a lineart event (like the Bucket of Paint one) and hidden code puzzle (where you discover codes for apple redemption). The apple cider can be a contest award while the apple pie can be purchased if you found every apple (like the golden egg).

A massive game of monopoly like mcdonalds do but each little sticker costs 100tbt so I can become rich

I want a meme contest but there would probably be a ton of cringe worthy ones

Do it like the Christmas gift giving thing, but where you have to do difficult things to get the currency to buy the gifts, and everyone will be like I NEED THIS SUPER COOL GIFT THAT WILL BE IN HERE! And then all of them will just have poop emojiis which I would instantly start selling an unlimited quantity of after the event for very few tbt. People will have wasted hours participating for something WORTHLESS! You're welcome. and no stealing my idea you crafty mods!

Last edited:
I'd do some sort of Halloween hunt where you have clues from horror movies and you have to guess what movie they're from. Each one you correctly guess you get a prize of either tbt or a Halloween collectables like a ware wolf doll, vampire doll, etc.
Each game would increase in rounds and prizes. So first game might be to guess one movie and get one prize, second one you have 3 rounds with 3 movies and you get a prize that's more valuable, etc

Here's mine:

Due to my recent obsession over apples (getting people to add apple tags, having a sidebar full of apples etc.), I've been thinking about an event all about apples. The forum currency is measured in apples. The collectibles are applesauce, apple juice, candied apple, fried apples, apple pie, and apple cider. There are two contests, where one is a drawing contest (which has to be fall-themed or apple baking themed) and the other is a fall decorating contest (where you decorate one piece of furniture or a whole room with fall decorations). There can also be a lineart event (like the Bucket of Paint one) and hidden code puzzle (where you discover codes for apple redemption). The apple cider can be a contest award while the apple pie can be purchased if you found every apple (like the golden egg).

can we do this for all of fall please

- - - Post Merge - - -

apples are so cool

make a collectible, but the collectible will be worth a lot and only be given to me ;)

For me it would definitely revolve around some kind of music theme. Not a specific type of music but like have an event like make your own musical instruments (like how for Christmas we made snowmen. Or create the best original town tunes, or do your own town tune covers of different cartoon theme music. Also create new music instruments, have a trivia based music event. And the collectibles of course would be musical too. I think it would be soooo Much fun to do a music appreciation event. After all music is just so universal. You don't need words to express it. Another cool one make your own music kind of video. You don't have actually have a program to do it either you do it like a storyboard type of way. :)

New collectibles that I get all the tbt from and then a contest to buy a mystery collectible which has never been seen before and 1 entry costs 5 tbt

Back