• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Chessie's Art Gallery

Tried doing something new and did a little pixel art to test out a new chibi style. I think they're kinda cute :)

ivy cheeb.jpghikari cheeb.jpg

Traditional headshot doodle of my new oc Fi. She was adopted from mewpyonadopts on DA.

Fi headshot.jpg

Birthday present of her oc Rue for isparklehearts on DA. Character below belongs to her.
rue 3.jpg

I like the coloring you do and your shading is pretty good (maybe sometimes a little too dark for some of the lighter skin tones you use). Really, the only thing that I would really say needs work is, like, proportions, but I hear that stuff can take quite a bit of time studying the body and how it moves, etc.

But I think your art is super cute and the little cheeb you did for Samansu is soooo cute omg

Keep up the great work! <333

- - - Post Merge - - -

And omg the pixel art you did is cute too I'm a sucker for pixels tbh

- - - Post Merge - - -

AND ISPARKLEHEARTS'S OC IS TOO PRECIOUS FOR THIS WORLD OTL

I like the coloring you do and your shading is pretty good (maybe sometimes a little too dark for some of the lighter skin tones you use). Really, the only thing that I would really say needs work is, like, proportions, but I hear that stuff can take quite a bit of time studying the body and how it moves, etc.

But I think your art is super cute and the little cheeb you did for Samansu is soooo cute omg

Keep up the great work! <333

- - - Post Merge - - -

And omg the pixel art you did is cute too I'm a sucker for pixels tbh

- - - Post Merge - - -

AND ISPARKLEHEARTS'S OC IS TOO PRECIOUS FOR THIS WORLD OTL

Thank you for the compliments and advice! >wo

And I know, her oc is so cute! oAo

Practicing more pixel art, but with animation. Might sell avatar icons like these, I want to work more on shading 1st though.

hQYJyQ3.gif

wahhhhh that is adorable chessie! the animation is so smooth! how long did this take?

Thanks! :D

It took somewhere around 3-4 hours. I have a base made now though to make them on, so I could probably do future ones in about 2-2.5 hours.

I agree with OFFICIALJOHNCENA, the animation is really well done!

It's so cute and these as icons would be great!

Thanks! :blush:

Made one more, but with a slightly different animation. I think I might like the transparent version more.

DLC3Hk8.gifnOF3HCC.gif

Thanks! :blush:

Made one more, but with a slightly different animation. I think I might like the transparent version more.

View attachment 192612View attachment 192613

D'awww! <3

And I agree, I prefer the transparent, if you were going to go with a bg I would pick a lighter color for that character, because the darkness doesn't "go" with her palette imo and her necklace blends into the background.

I love the winking! She's such a cute OC!

Made a reference sheet thing for my new oc Aika. Aika is a HanaBun, an open species created by WuschelHD on DA. If you want to make your own HanaBun, go here for more info.

aika 2.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

D'awww! <3

And I agree, I prefer the transparent, if you were going to go with a bg I would pick a lighter color for that character, because the darkness doesn't "go" with her palette imo and her necklace blends into the background.

I love the winking! She's such a cute OC!

Eep, I missed this! Thank you for the tip! :')

Made another icon. Going to start a shop soon. Anyone have any clue about how much one icon would be worth? I have no idea what I should sell them for

aika_bouncie_2_by_starry_syzygy-daw8obu.gif

That is so cute omfg and the little flowers in her hair are great!!! Idk about price, but the icon itself is so nice!

Thanks! :D

The animation was originally longer than that, but I had to reduce the amount of frames because the file was too big to upload

T-T

MY SON <3

This is Yume, my newest oc. He's a Memoru, a closed species that I drew for a MYO event. The base I used and the species belong to ShizukAdoptables.

He's so cute ;u;

Yume.jpg

Made a new icon animation~

Will probably offer it in my icon shop >u<

rcJ8US8.gif

Something I drew for amye.miller's contest on DA. I decided to draw her oc Min-jun! He's so cute ;w;

I was trying out a new eye style, I really like how it looks! I couldn't come up with a decent background though ^^;

I hope you like it, I'll upload it to DA later! ^-^

min-jun finished 3.jpg

Gah, this isn't even the full size image, why is it so huge ;-;

Oh and with Singles Awareness Day Valentine's Day coming up, I'd like to try drawing something for it, so if anyone has any ocs that are a couple, throw them at me and I might do a freebie of them! It won't be first come, first serve though cuz I don't know how many requests I'll get and I'll only have time for one or two.

I'll do both straight and same sex couples, if you request a couple, please give me a brief description of their personalities and relationship!

Something I drew for amye.miller's contest on DA. I decided to draw her oc Min-jun! He's so cute ;w;

I was trying out a new eye style, I really like how it looks! I couldn't come up with a decent background though ^^;

I hope you like it, I'll upload it to DA later! ^-^

View attachment 193624

Gah, this isn't even the full size image, why is it so huge ;-;

Oh and with Singles Awareness Day Valentine's Day coming up, I'd like to try drawing something for it, so if anyone has any ocs that are a couple, throw them at me and I might do a freebie of them! It won't be first come, first serve though cuz I don't know how many requests I'll get and I'll only have time for one or two.

I'll do both straight and same sex couples, if you request a couple, please give me a brief description of their personalities and relationship!

Oh my goodness!!! Thank you so much for drawing Min-jun! The colouring and shading look so amazing! *O* I really love the new eye style too. It looks so great. c: Thanks again for entering! I'll add your entry to the contest page once you upload it to DA. c:

Back