• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Chessie's Art Gallery

Day 17

quick doodle of a daffodil bouquet

17_by_starry_syzygy-dbqxa63.jpg

Been having trouble keeping up with Inktober due to working late, sickness, and injury >-<
Ended up finishing the drawings I had started yesterday and today.

Day 20

20_by_starry_syzygy-dbrhq0h.jpg

Day 21

21_by_starry_syzygy-dbrhq0y.jpg

Day 22

22_by_starry_syzygy-dbrhq27.jpg

Day 23

23_by_starry_syzygy-dbrhq2x.jpg

Technically never finished Inktober, but I fell behind and lost the motivation to finish up the last few days. I think I did pretty good with how far I made it though.

Decided to switch back to digital for awhile, tried a slightly different coloring style than what I usually do >v<

nyap_watermarked_by_starry_syzygy-dbsni44.png

Last edited:
Hey there! Would you mind drawing my mayor? I'll pay any amount of tbt you'd want :)

I really like your Day 21 inktober sketch. It’s lovely and v creative.

I’ve been gone awhile but I can see the differences and improvements in your work! wowowowoow GJ

I really like your Day 21 inktober sketch. It’s lovely and v creative.

I’ve been gone awhile but I can see the differences and improvements in your work! wowowowoow GJ

Ahhh, thank you very much! And welcome back to Bell Tree, good to see you again :D

Art trade with EvieMon75 on DA! Character belongs to her~

hikari_by_starry_syzygy-dbujxm6.png

I've been trying to practice line less art pieces lately(starting with the angel wooper and below). Do they look ok? I don't have much experience with line less. I've been soft shading them with airbrushes since I think it looks alright, but I'm nor sure if shading with more solid brushes like the pen tool (like cell shading or something) would look better??? Also, does the anatomy and posing on the line less pieces look ok? ;-;

I don't think I'll be finishing any new art this year, so I decided to post my 2017 art summary now ^-^
I can tell I've improved a bit since last year, although I didn't draw all that much last year.

2017_summary_of_art_2_by_starry_syzygy-dby1yu0.png

I really need to pick a style or two to stick with, lol.

I think you're lineless art looks amazing! For me, I don't have the liberty of having infinite layers (it only allows five) so it's quite hard to do lineless. In the off chance that I do lineless, I usually do cell shading and soft highlighting so it doesn't look to harsh.

I don't really do chibis, but I think the anatomy looks pretty good.

I think you're lineless art looks amazing! For me, I don't have the liberty of having infinite layers (it only allows five) so it's quite hard to do lineless. In the off chance that I do lineless, I usually do cell shading and soft highlighting so it doesn't look to harsh.

I don't really do chibis, but I think the anatomy looks pretty good.

Thank you! I'm assuming you're talking about colors3D? I used to use it, so I agree that it can be hard to make lineless and clean-looking art in it. The lack of layers and tools make that a bit difficult. I think it's a good art app/program to start with though. I personally found it difficult to switch from drawing on my 3ds to a tablet since I was so used to looking at my hands when drawing.

Finished up my other secret santa gift for the exchange on DA! Character belongs Cupcake-Plusher @DA

da_ss_by_starry_syzygy-dbz2hvh.png

I might try to develop this style a bit more, I like how I drew the face c:

Thank you! I'm assuming you're talking about colors3D? I used to use it, so I agree that it can be hard to make lineless and clean-looking art in it. The lack of layers and tools make that a bit difficult. I think it's a good art app/program to start with though. I personally found it difficult to switch from drawing on my 3ds to a tablet since I was so used to looking at my hands when drawing.

yeah, it's Colors 3D. Maybe if I want to do something with this hobby of mine, I could upgrade to a tablet but for now, it's just for fun and I feel like I'm going to have a hard time switching over as well.

Back