• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favourite video game soundtrack?

littletwinclouds

sleepy girl~
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Leif
Poptart Easter Egg
Flea
Famous Mushroom
Mine is the soundtrack from Metal Gear Solid. I think the music really added so much to the atmosphere of the game, and it's just so nostalgic for me! But I mean I just love this entire game in general ahaha

Do you think love can bloom, even on a battlefield?

Last edited:
I have a few, but I really like Sunset and Mugen Souls. Also various Hyperdimension Neptunia ones.

tough question! there's a ton of great video game tracks, but very few where the entire soundtrack is great.

• Persona 4 (you hear the same tracks repeated a whole lot throughout the game, but they're all so good and they never get dull)
  • The World Ends With You (the game is all about style and the entire soundtrack is just so stylish)
  • Mass Effect (fits the 70s space opera aesthetic so well - the latter games went more orchestral, but the synths worked better)
  • Final Fantasy VII (the only final fantasy game i've completed and oh god the soundtrack was good)

Some favourites I can think of from the top of my head include Bayonetta, Sonic Adventure, and Pok?mon Diamond and Pearl.

Last edited:
All the Metal Gear games have pretty... solid soundtracks IMO.

Aside from those I've always really loved Spyro soundtracks since I was a kid, they've always been really good. More recently I've been listening to the Dark Souls 3 soundtrack, and one that may have become my favourite soundtrack is that of NieR Gestalt.

There's probably more that I'm forgetting but ayy it's late.

The Persona, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, Pokemon and Zelda games have an excellent soundtrack.

Probably Xenoblade Chronicles. <333

This x100.

Xenoblade has the most beautiful and engaging soundtrack I have ever heard. It's simply amazing. Every time I start the game up I sit at the title screen and just listen for a few minutes. When a game opens with THAT, you know you're in for a spectacular adventure, and Xenoblade did NOT disappoint.

If you have not played Xenoblade Chronicles yet, please...I urge you to do so. It's up there on my Top 5 RPGs of All-Time list. I'd say it's tied with Chrono Trigger for #1.

If you have no way of getting the game to play it, go watch Chuggaaconroy's Let's Play of it.

Xenoblade Chronicles isn't a game. It's an experience.

Last edited:
For original, I liked Super Mario Galaxy.

For a collection, I liked Saints Row 2

i played through Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura recently, and the string quartet soundtrack totally makes the whole game. so good.

undertale, most of the tracks from pokemon black and white (n's theme song) and pokemon platinum etc., (the music right outside of the league). fire emblem also has good tunes.

The soundtracks from Xenoblade Chronicles and the Legend of Zelda games (especially Wind Waker) are probably my favorites!

I really loved the music from Bastion, too.

I've always loved the ace attorney soundtrack <3 Pokemon, Zelda and undertale are really great too

All the Metal Gear games have pretty... solid soundtracks IMO.

Aside from those I've always really loved Spyro soundtracks since I was a kid, they've always been really good. More recently I've been listening to the Dark Souls 3 soundtrack, and one that may have become my favourite soundtrack is that of NieR Gestalt.

There's probably more that I'm forgetting but ayy it's late.

I came here to say Nier. Didn't even have to.

I would say it's a tie between Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy Tactics. I could listen to both forever! ^-^

Back