• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past 3D- Mega Thread

NerdHouse

The Collector
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Yellow Pansy
Red Pansy
White Pansy
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
fc82a73f7b4174fb30e2469c2ffb3b59.png

This is the official thread for Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past! Feel free to discuss the game with other users here!

Travel to the past to save the present as you restore forgotten lands and battle an unknown evil in this classic DRAGON QUEST adventure completely rebuilt from the ground up for the Nintendo 3DS system. Customize your party with over 30 vocations and level up in turn-based battles to learn new spells and abilities in this timeless quest!

Featuring character and monster designs from acclaimed artist Akira Toriyama, in the Dragon Quest VII game, you'll explore an ever-changing world filled with mystery, intrigue, and danger. On your quest you'll meet a captivating cast of characters that will help you change time as you solve their problems and save their lives. Expand and share your adventure even more with the StreetPass? feature?send and receive traveller's tablets to explore new dungeons that contain rare monsters and unique equipment.

b36876daa478b5557dfdab53920176aa.png

HELPFUL LINKS
===========
Features
Distributions and StreetPass
Videos
Wallpapers
Profile Pics
Buy it now!
GameFAQs
Quick-Start Guide

This guide is designed to lead you through the first 20 hours of the game so you can unlock Alltrades Abbey, which lets you choose a vocation, allowing you to customize your characters and learn new skills!

Last edited:
definitely interested! never played the ps1 version but I played dragon quest V and IX for the DS and enjoyed it immensely.

Last edited:
im getting it definitely!, im going to be the first person in gamestop like i did with yokai watch!

I remember when DQ7 was released for PS1. I never got it though. I did try it out a little bit on a emulator but it didn't run well so I just gave up pretty early. Only Dragon Quest I've really played is DQ8 - Journey of the Cursed King, which was awesome.

Still haven't decided if I should get this or not. Probably gonna check it out a bit more thoroughly as we get closer to release.

I remember when DQ7 was released for PS1. I never got it though. I did try it out a little bit on a emulator but it didn't run well so I just gave up pretty early. Only Dragon Quest I've really played is DQ8 - Journey of the Cursed King, which was awesome.

Still haven't decided if I should get this or not. Probably gonna check it out a bit more thoroughly as we get closer to release.

Check out the videos Nintendo has been putting up about it on YouTube. I was sold before watching them, but after I was really excited to start playing!

oh hey!, isnt this the one thats 100+ hours just to pass the game, not including side quests?

oh hey!, isnt this the one thats 100+ hours just to pass the game, not including side quests?
I'm not sure about 7, but I know 8 took that long.

I'm a big fan of most DQ games (VI is the only one I really dislike), so I've been looking forward to the localization of these two games for a while. Got VII pre-ordered now, and I'm looking forward to hear a specific release date for VIII so I can re-experience that game.

I'm not sure about 7, but I know 8 took that long.

I'm a big fan of most DQ games (VI is the only one I really dislike), so I've been looking forward to the localization of these two games for a while. Got VII pre-ordered now, and I'm looking forward to hear a specific release date for VIII so I can re-experience that game.

From what I've seen in videos so far, it looks to be close to the same length as VIII. Honestly, as long as it's at LEAST 20-25 hours I'm good to go. I'm just ready for another RPG to play :p

Just a few more days!!!!

So excited!! Been awhile since I've been pumped about an RPG, almost a year!

Last edited:
Interested, as long as they don't add a stupid english dub/voiceover so you have to turn sounds off lol. But yeah I think I played one of the old DS games or something.. can't remember but when I get the quiche I will go for it probably, I like the game series in general.

I'm really interrested in the class system in this game. Seems like a hybrid between the jobs in FFV and the classes in Seiken Densetsu 3.

Four days until release.

I'm really interrested in the class system in this game. Seems like a hybrid between the jobs in FFV and the classes in Seiken Densetsu 3.

Four days until release.

FFV? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY DOLARES.

i love all those job system things, especially if you can switch around them and stuff.

FFV? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY DOLARES.

i love all those job system things, especially if you can switch around them and stuff.

Yeah, I loved all the different jobs in FFV. I think you can switch quite freely (sort of) in this game too from what I've read so far.

Yeah, I loved all the different jobs in FFV. I think you can switch quite freely (sort of) in this game too from what I've read so far.

yeah FFVA was probably my most grinded game way back yet i never beat enuo lol rip necromancer.

ahh sounds really cool -w-

Here's the official video explaining the classes in the game and how they work. Enjoy!

Played this in Japanese fantastic game! Was never released on the PS1 over here sadly but t least I have played it now! Curious to know if the slot machines are in the English version, I spent hours on them!!

Interested, as long as they don't add a stupid english dub/voiceover so you have to turn sounds off lol. But yeah I think I played one of the old DS games or something.. can't remember but when I get the quiche I will go for it probably, I like the game series in general.

OMG! You have to play DQ. The series is awesome! I played DQ IV, V, VI, VIII, IX and Dragon quest heroes all great games in my opinion. My favorite has to be IV and V (I can't decide between the two). I never played seven so I am super excited to play it. Hope it's as good as the others.

OMG! You have to play DQ. The series is awesome! I played DQ IV, V, VI, VIII, IX and Dragon quest heroes all great games in my opinion. My favorite has to be IV and V (I can't decide between the two). I never played seven so I am super excited to play it. Hope it's as good as the others.

Yeah the series sounds so good but idek, haven't been able to find many around here let alone a few random DS ones maybe. And yeah once I get some money I will buy it!

I've played Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King to death (like more than 100 hours) when it was on PS2. I'm absolutely hyped for any Dragon Quest main game. Can't wait for tomorrow and hopefully it comes here sooner.

Back