• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Miraculous Ladybug Cultists [Congrats Cult!]

Arstotzkan

A scum mom
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Zipper Sakura
Flea
Famous Mushroom
White Tulip
Mother's Day Carnation
Pear (Fruit)
Spring Shamrock
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Winter Mittens
Cherry (Fruit)
HWsIqxL.png

Day/Night posts
Pregame
Night 0
Day 1 /Night 1
Day 2 / Night 2
Day 3 / Night 3
Day 4
Endgame

Day 4 ends in:

The city of lights has always been a center of some kind of attention. It's where various peace treaties have been signed, where the French monarchy took their last stand, and the turf of local supervillain, Hawk Moth. His motives are unknown, but his nefarious plans lead him to corrupt ordinary citizens using the power of Akumas, and mold them into criminals using his sheer will alone.

Fortunately, this doesn't go unchecked. Very soon after the rise of Hawk Moth, two young superheroes emerged to thwart his evildoings - Ladybug and Chat Noir. Utilizing the power of creation and destruction, respectively, they use their powers to outwit the corrupted citizens and purify them of the akuma in their body. One cannot function without the other, and together, they bring balance back to the world around them.

Recently, however, something terrible has happened: Paris has lost their superheroes, without warning. It started with Ladybug. Without her, the possessed can't be purified, and the amount of people who are Hawk Moth's pawns seem to be multiplying. Then, shortly after that, Chat Noir vanished. No one knows what happened to our beloved heroes, but now, we must take it upon ourselves to win back our city. Don't let your heart go black with anger, but keep your wits about you. It will be our actions in the next few days that will decide our city's fate.​

Playerlist:
1) HeydenTownie. Killed Night three.
2) Endless (AKA Abe)
3) Mogyay (AKA Mog)
4) Tom
5) Athena Cykes (AKA Meloetta) Townie. Lynched Day two.
6) Duck (AKA Pokequeen, Queenie) Busdriver. Modkilled Night three.
7) Damniel (AKA Daniel, CMD) 2-shot Granny. Lynched Day one.
8) Toadsworthy (AKA Toads) Town Roleblocker. Lynched Day three.
9) Chrystina (AKA Chrys, Alexi)
10) entropy (AKA M3ow) Townie. Killed Night one.
11) cpu (AKA Crys) Townie. Modkilled Day two.
12) Curry (AKA ClamEatsCurry)
13) PandaDarling (AKA Panda)
14) taesaek (AKA Tae)
15) Fleshy
16) Seroja
17) Iwaseleanor Cultist. Killed Night two.
18) Menchie Lyncher. Modkilled Day two.
19) amanda1983
20) Wisemimir (AKA Wise, Godot) Unaware Miller. Modkilled Day three.
21) Tasuot Townie. Modkilled Day two.

--
-Cory
-Byngo
-Kirbystarship
-Liamslash
-Minties
-N e s s: coaching Iwaselanor
-Dolby: coaching Menchie
-Jacob: coaching Amanda1983
Bans are listed in the TBT Ban list.

Last edited:
Welcome to Cultists, a variant of the forum game of mafia. Both mafia and cultists are games of the uninformed majority fighting against the informed minority. If you are town, you are trying to find and eliminate the cult team, except you don't know who your fellow town members are. If you are a member of the cult, you know who your fellow cultists are and try to protect them. If you are cult, you should coordinate your actions in your private cult chat to decide on who to convert. Conversion is the process of converting a town member to the cult team. In the beginning, there will be far more town than cult members, however, as the game goes on, the number of town will shrink, and the number of cultists will grow. To compensate for these factors, there are many more town members in the beginning of the game than cult members.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will generally last 48 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be lynched. Each player (including Cult) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Cult are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched, and their alignment and role are revealed. Your role may change sometime during the game, if you are converted. When you are converted, you lose all special abilities and become a member of the cult team. Then, you must try to convince the town members that a town member is in fact cult, while trying to protect fellow cult members.

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Cult conversions and other players with special abilities. Usually, players discuss the results of the lynch at night, as well as their new suspicions, and make plans for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the lynch begin anew.

Generally as town, you should look for behavior that does not align with town behavior, sudden, overnight changes in suspicions, and drastic or subtle changes in behavior as well. Remember, somebody who is confirmed as town might not always be town during the remainder of the game, however, someone who is confirmed as cult will always be cult for the remainder of the game. You must be vigilant and watchful of all other players, for they might be converted to be a member of the cult team.

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.

Credit to KarlaKGB whose guide to mafia is what this is based off of, and to Dolby for writing up this guide.

Game Setup

Outside of Thread Communication
This is a no PM game.
Day/Night Cycle
Days will be 48 hours long, with nights at 24 hours. Day/Night cycles will end at 8:00PM EST, and results will be posted in an hour at 9:00 EST. Day/Night cycles may be sped up later in the game.

Replacements

This game will use replacements until day 3.

General Mafia Rules

Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.

Mod Font:
This is the mod colour. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is the question color. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

Spam:
Strategic spam is acceptable, within reason.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled.

Inappropriate posts:
Mafia games can get heated and emotional. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia stays in Mafia.

Observers' Chat:
While dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia).

Play to win.
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game.

Voting

This game uses plurality lynch. Whoever has the most amount of votes by the end of the day will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the person first to reach the amount of votes will be lynched. However, if a player has more than half of the living players votes on them before 24 hours are up, then they will be lynched immediately.

You may vote for yourself. You may vote for no lynch. You must vote for an alive player in the game. You must vote.

You vote in the following format ##VOTE: USERNAME in the voting thread. To unvote, simply type ##UNVOTE in the voting thread.

Setup Notes

This setup is a combination of mafia and cultists. Upon the cult leader dying, the cult lose the ability to convert, but gain KP (kill potential) like a traditional mafia. The equation for KP is [members of the mafia]/2, rounded up.

This game will feature a N0. In this stage, any actions besides kills (conversions do not count as kills) are allowed.

Finally, this setup uses delayed conversion. This means that if a cult targets someone for conversion, they will not be converted until the following night. If the Cult Leader is killed during the day, the convert of the previous night will retain their original alignment and will be none the wiser that they were almost converted.

Credit to KarlaKGB for coming up with most of this post, Dolby for the introduction to cultists, and Panda for creating the banners used in this game.

Signups are now open!
If you have a preference on when the game starts, let me know! I'm pretty flexible.​

Last edited:
ahhh this looks so much fun! /in please :blush:!

I feel like I always skip the cult games, so I should at least play one. /In

Also does culting work similar to the terrorists game mode or is it a group vote? Just curious if a vig shoots the "mastermind", does that screw cult over or not.

Okay! Sign me up! I basically got referred here to play so let's do this!
Oh yeah, please remind me to play if I forget.
...Do I have to type /in then?

I'm being blackmailed to come here

I don't know why

/in

also can i edit my posts before the game starts because i just did oh golly i confused myself

Last edited:
@Tom No. If the Cult Leader is killed, the cult becomes a mafia with KP. More details on that are in the setup notes.

@Duck Yes. You're allowed to edit your posts up until the game begins. If you want to edit something you said during the game, you can double post, and it automatically merges it. also your welcome youre gonna love cultists :D

Last edited:
/obs

hmu with that dope obs bc im in mafia hell

Back