Mafia Miraculous Ladybug Cultists [Congrats Cult!]

wow so eleanor was culted?? im guessing CL is culting people who hide in the shadows huh

anyway can we end day early i don't want this toad drama to drag on for extra time tbh

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh lol everyones pages ahead oops

i don't think she was culted. i think she began the game as a cultist, unless you're given an entirely new role when you join the cult? seems like a lot of work for the host so i'm just going to assume that was her initial role, and that we can't really determine the cult is recruiting ppl hiding in the shadows.

Going through Iwaseleanor's posts, and there's really not much. She gave a small list of reads, and then tunneled me the rest of the game. So, here's what I've got...
day 1 reads:
Endless - town lean.
Chrystina - town lean.
Toads - "He doesn't appear to be sus to me." *Note that she didn't word it "town leaning" like the rest, just that he wasn't suspicious.
Duck - "The fact that he voted Toad purely because of grammar is enough to make me suspect him. Illogical reason to vote somebody. I'm not entirely certain what to think on a whole " *tbh I'm not sure what to make of this, because she gives a reason to be sus of them but then ends it with null.

the rest are players that iwaseleanor left out in their reads.
Heyden - targeted hayden for a brief time d1. retracted this later in the game/explained.
PandaDarling - mentioned panda could possibly be cult on d2.
Mogyay
Tom
Curry
taesaek
Fleshy
Seroja
amanda1983
Wisemimir

Just from Iwaseleanor's reads alone, this makes my sus of Panda smaller, so she's back to null for now. It sucks we don't have any d2 reads to go off of, because it might help to see who was culted, but nope nada.
I'm basically posting this to refer back to when toads is lynched and most likely will flip red, and I can combine both their reads and do some process of elimination.

Also
For the first time in my entire mafia career, I have stopped reading the content two players are posting.

Jesus ****ing Christ tae and toad. This is a game. People joined it to have fun. If either one of you gets loses this game, you won't even remember it in a year.
Just. Stop.
We've passed 1k posts. The last 100-200 posts was this tiresome drama.
Go out. Get some sun. Relax. Read a book.
Just. Stop. ****ing. Clogging. The. Thread.
Amen. stopped reading toads's posts a few hours ago tbh.

@ whoever, please vote me? I'm done trying to show you that I'm Rose. Fleshy vote me to get maj and end day early.

it's plurality lynch. not majority.

I PMed Kat.... we get EoD early if someone reaches majority before 24 hours, Fleshy votes me and I will vote myself....
you stubborn mofos are gonna be so pissed/surprised, but I don't foresee anyone even listening to me despite Tae lying

but I will lay down my own hammer thank you.

first 24 hours is majority. we can hammer him if 8 is reached before 24 hours after day start.

@chrys and @tae
you guys are bullies.... I never want to play Mafia with you again ;)

I mean winking face, but its gonna sting for a while

- - - Post Merge - - -

please next person to see this just vote me please. Let's make this thing roll

:'( i'm too short to be a bully. i can't even get a glass off the top shelf in my own home.

But you know, we shouldn't fully take into account of Eleanors reads, for all we know she could've been culted and killed last night. I don't think she would be an N0 recruit, maybe N1 or N2??

ok guys, no more long posts, no more emotions, no more stress

I literally hate mafia after this! let's hope we will all laugh about it later...
but like please don't hate me too. you will be sorry once you see this, and I hope you will feel bad for me not matter what happens, because this has literally caused me anxiety the past few days.

at least I get my own hammer

thank you fleshy

and of course. Lynch Tae tomorrow...
good luck my fellow townies

- - - Post Merge - - -

Beautiful poem, I'm sold.

its for my courtesy post I get when my role is posted

holy **** you really hammered, i thought you were bluffing.

nobody knows the **** I endured this game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

but you will soon, Kat is coming

- - - Post Merge - - -

also I know how ****ty I was this game, but all will be explained soon, please don't ban me

2QRS6Hm.png

The figure darted through the city, following an old, familiar path. Before their hiatus, they'd done this a thousand times, yet this time felt final somehow. The city was falling into disarray, and they couldn't help but feel a sense of dread hang over Paris like the weight of the sins committed as of late.

Serial murderers were the norm on the news, now. No one even reacted to seeing Gabriel dead, a well renounced fashion designer. The police were becoming swamped with filing charges against various people for these deaths, but something in them knew they were on the wrong track.

The only substantial lead they had was of a small girl, named Rose. She seemed well-meaning enough when she underwent questioning, but she had a dark purple butterfly tattoo'd onto her neck. When pressed, the girl froze, and grew immediately scared of the authorities. Perhaps this girl was an akuma carrying out these serial murders.

She was executed the next day, just as her friend Juleka ran forward. "She got her tattoo because of me you ****ing idiots!" Juleka screamed, but no one heard her. She watched with horror as the girl she had grown to love dropped down from a noose, swiftly killing Toadsworthy.

Inside the girl's pocket, the authorities found a note:

My blood was shed
told you I'm blue
godspeed to town
and to cult: **** YOU​

Toadsworthy has been lynched. Additionally, due to inactivity, Wisemimir will be modkilled.
9x6O6mG.png
Fs8Ce6K.png

Unknown to Wisemimir, he was an Unaware Miller

Night 3 has started. You have until 8PM EST on September 13th (19 hours) to submit actions, if you have any.

1) Heyden
2) Endless (AKA Abe)
3) Mogyay (AKA Mog)
4) Tom
5) Duck (AKA Pokequeen, Queenie)
6) Chrystina (AKA Chrys, Alexi)
7) Curry (AKA ClamEatsCurry)
8) PandaDarling (AKA Panda)
9) taesaek (AKA Tae)
10) Fleshy
11) Seroja
12) amanda1983
Damniel - 2 shot Granny. Lynched on Day 1.
entropy - Townie Killed on Night 1.
Athena Cykes - Townie Lynched on Day 2
cpu - Townie Modkilled on Day 2
Tasuot - Townie Modkilled on Day 2
Menchie - Lyncher Lynched on Day 2
Iwaseleanor - Cultist Killed on Night 2
Toadsworthy - Roleblocker Lynched on Day 3
Wisemimir - Unaware Miller Modkilled on Day 3

Last edited:
Iwaseleanor was Cult? Wow - gg indeed for whomever shot her! I'll go back and read her posts again later, and also try to work out what having a Vig vs a SK means for the game and if I can make sense of either scenario.

(Side Note : I really didn't expect this much constant debate/confusion over which roles could be in a game and what they could do, so I'm getting hopelessly bogged down in terminology/theory/strategy each and every time this kind of thing comes up.. so, always, basically.)

---

Toadsworthy vs taesaek = are we really looking at another 44 or so hours of this?? Would our time not be better spent trying to find other Cult members and letting that Role Block vs Cop thing simmer down to a point where we all speak reasonably and think logically to work out what to do instead? - those are rhetorical questions, to be clear, I just couldn't think of a better way to phrase my point (which is not a new one anyway of course *but maybe if enough of us are ready to move on we will actually be able to*).

---

mogyay post # 848
amanda is also a player who is being town read by basically everyone (bar abe) so culting her might have been an ok idea actually, hm, i know she's new so it'd be risky but she's obviously a pretty good player

- - - Post Merge - - -

(bar abe at one point iirc **** is what i should have said)

I didn't reply to this when I responded to the question asked of me at the start of this post (my answer is in post # 860) for a few reasons : this seemed like a rhetorical question intended to discuss recruitment strategy, neither aimed at me to respond to personally nor a general discussion I could contribute to as a player in their first game ; literally the only thing I could add would be to ask questions and that seemed much more likely to derail an interesting discussion than offer anything "new" ; and finally, I was hoping any resulting discussion might help me apply any applicable theories to other players here (since I am - or was not - the only first-time player).

Fleshy post # 864
I do really agree with Mog's post about Amanda and I think it's quite possible at this point,;

At the time of replying to mogyay's post I had too many other things I was working on and questions to ask my coach to want to start asking him how to "defend" myself if necessary - since there was nothing directed to me personally. Once I saw this post, that changed lol. I didn't know how to address "paranoia"/"suspicion" as a player for obvious reasons and had to check with my coach to clarify a couple of things before I could reply. I read his answer somewhere after 2am and wasn't able to work on this post *and* my 2nd reads post so I prioritised finishing the latter and doing the former after sleeping.

I don't disagree with the premise - I mean, I'm not Cult and I've not been converted - but I absolutely see the logic in the suggestion that I'm now Cult. After so many "doing well" comments and being so widely "town read" initially, the tide was going to have to turn at some point from what I understand of the game. I don't know how good of an idea it would be for Cult to convert a player like me in her first game but I can see the logic for and against it : As an unknown that makes it harder for town to pick me apart (assuming I can keep up my previous activity levels) but it also means converting me would be a literal gamble on my being able to keep myself together enough to not cause Cult problems.

Curry post # 918
Amanda, I actually kind of agree with mog. Up until your newest reads list (which again, great reads for a first time player!), you haven't done much of developing the conversation. You popped in on the gender issue thing but that's really about it and some filler posts. You've clearly demonstrated already that you're a good player, it's not unlikely you could be cult either originally or culted, since you have no scum or town meta. We don't know how you'd play as either faction, and it does seem strange to me that you definitely know what's going on and really the most you've done is reads. You've done an excellent job for a first time player, but that also means cult could've culted you because they picked up on that.

Hmm, again, I don't disagree with the premise - but I have a couple of comments to make here and then some questions.

Expecting me to be "developing the conversation" seems like a mighty big ask of any new player in this game, specifically - there are so many variables to consider, most of which I'm unfamiliar with (poker tourneys and 1 role playing game 7 years ago do not equate with me being able to follow things well enough to presume I should be trying to steer experienced players away from their chosen discussion topics). I see my role (which isn't Cult) in this game to be one of trying to keep up with developments, work out what's actually going on, and make sure my vote and my voice contribute as much to town winning as possible.

I disagree that all I've done recently aside from my reads post has been comment on the gender issue and "some filler posts" - I haven't been able to contribute directly as much as I would like to date, but I really think we're all best off if I'm spending as much time as possible trying to understand things (off-thread as much as possible of course) and not **** things up for town.

I have the following questions, therefore :

- could you point out which of my posts you consider "filler" please (aside from post # 766 but that makes sense in context I think - the timing of everything with PandaDarling's green question, Athena Cykes posting, and then Arstotzkan (mod) replying to Panda's question.. I just could not help laughing, it was too perfectly ridiculous), and expand on why you consider them to be so?

- you mention I might have been Cult originally, and I think this is the first time this has been suggested - is there any reason to think I might have been Cult all along aside from just I'm a "good player" and have no meta??

... it does seem strange to me that you definitely know what's going on and really the most you've done is reads.

- finally, could you please elaborate on this? I don't want compliments or nice words (although they're nice), I'm just struggling to work out how I could look like I know what's going on when I just.. don't. I've been trying to contribute where and as I can, but this is an incredibly steep learning curve I'm working on here and I think I'm doing okay just for not having given up by now, frankly. I'm sure things will get easier at some point but for right now I'm confused and trying to soak up as much information as possible so I can work through things. In the interim, I'd like to try and make sure I'm not inadvertently coming across in a way that isn't true.

Back