Question about having 2 towns...

Nunbal

달빛
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Sorry for another thread.

Let me put it in point form because I'm not good at explaining haha.

Ok so.
- I have one 3DS
- My first town (main town) = from a cartridge
- Today I just downloaded a digital copy from the eShop for my 2nd town.

My question is if I TT (months or years) in my 2nd town (digital copy) will it affect my first town (cartridge copy)?

If I don't have the cartridge (first town) currently in my 3DS, will it cause any changes in my first town? [If I'm TT-ing for my second town]

I hope I'm getting my point across here. x_x

I'm pretty positive as long as you don't change time on the 3DS system itself you should be fine with tting on either one if you use the ingame clock.

I'm pretty positive as long as you don't change time on the 3DS system itself you should be fine with tting on either one if you use the ingame clock.

Wait a minute, you could do that? Whenever I time travelled for my first town. I always use the 3DS clock system omg

Wait a minute, you could do that? Whenever I time travelled for my first town. I always use the 3DS clock system omg

omg that's something you shouldn't really do as it could affect other games that use the 3DS clock ;;
its in the i need help first and then clicking adjust clock and then you just change the time to the date you want it to be

If you change the 3DS clock of course it will affect the game of the cartridge in the moment you insert it and start the game again.

Well as long as you're using the in game clock it should be fine. I have the exact same setup. My main town and my cycle town one physical and one digital and on my cycle town I can TT 50 years down and it has 0 effect on my main town while having the physical cartridge inside of my 3ds.

The only fault with this setup is only having the one system so when a dreamie moves into my cycle town I can't have him unless someone holds him. /sobs.

Thanks so much guys!

I'm a little upset because this cycle town has a way better layout and the apple in the native fruit. This is everything I wanted for my first town.. Sigh. :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and not to mention my character's face is nicer in this town. ;_;

omg that's something you shouldn't really do as it could affect other games that use the 3DS clock ;;
its in the i need help first and then clicking adjust clock and then you just change the time to the date you want it to be

i agree. changing the date on the 3ds clock will affect other games as well as both your towns.

changing the date via the game's clock is much better, as ig'll only affect the date and time on that game.

Thanks so much guys!

I'm a little upset because this cycle town has a way better layout and the apple in the native fruit. This is everything I wanted for my first town.. Sigh. :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and not to mention my character's face is nicer in this town. ;_;

Maybe you could turn the new one into your main town? You can get your villagers back! If you like it better you should consider it :)

i agree. changing the date on the 3ds clock will affect other games as well as both your towns.

changing the date via the game's clock is much better, as ig'll only affect the date and time on that game.

It actually depends on the games you have in your collection, 90% of 3DS games and apps don't use the clock at all. If you have a game that does, it'll mess that game up, but if you don't, change the 3DS clock all you want, won't affect games like Super Mario 3D Land, Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, Happy Home Designer, Mario Kart 7, Mario Tennis, New Super Mario Bros 2, Luigi's Mansion, etc, etc.

Back