• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Just a heads up: Happy Home Designer's MSRP went down to $19.99 in North America

JCnator

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4227-4179-8894
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Poptart Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Cake
My theory is that they're dropping the price of the Happy Home Designer NFC Reader bundle tomorrow in the Nintendo Direct to promote the New Leaf update. Then the eShop price has been adjusted accordingly tonight in advance by someone getting ahead of themselves.

They actually did that the same time the Selects came out. It's technically sold enough to become a Select, but I doubt they'll add it in under a year.

I just bought the game for this reason. At $40 I didn't want to take a risk on something I wasn't sure I'd like, but at $20 I thought it was worth a try. I've really enjoyed it so far!

i'm really bummed that it's still full price in australia (we don't have the "select" thingy) - both hhd and nl are still $60 ;~;

i've been contemplating buying an american copy but with the exchange rate and shipping it still won't work out any cheaper...

Darn it. I should have waited and saved $20. FML

Kinda wish I didn't bought on Christmas then since I paid full price and barely play it T_T

Do you have to have amiibos to play Happy Home Designer?

You don't really need to own any amiibo whatsoever in order to play Happy Home Designer. Using any Animal Crossing amiibo allows you to:

- Invite said character to come in the house you're currently in
- Summons said character as a client and build a house for him/her

I dont have plans to buy the game unless the game bundle+NFC reader goes down more I mean come on a dollar or 2? shessh not a sale sorry :(

I was at Best Buy, this week, and noticed this.

It took three years for Nintendo to drop the price of "Animal Crossing: New Leaf," released in the U.S. in June 2013. In the case of "Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer," it hasn't quite been out a full year in North America (it was released Friday, September 25, 2015), and it is already reduced.

What I think this says is that "Happy Home Designer" did not sell at a level that was wanted by Nintendo.

I'm wondering when the amiibo reader device will drop in price.

Not everyone has a New New 3DS with the reader built in.

To be honest, it should have been $20 from the start. It does not have that much content at all.

Why couldn't I bought AC:HHD this late???I don't even play the game anymore....and I could have gotten cheaper.

To be honest, it should have been $20 from the start. It does not have that much content at all.

yeah true. mine was part of a bundle with the n3dsxl(le version) but even then they took like full price for the digital crap tbh

Eh, that's a good deal but I'm still glad i got it when I did, I haven't played it in a hot minute but I'm glad it was my first pre-ordered game and I loved the hype when it was new.

Back