Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
We brought back the bank interests? I know it was removed because people were abusing it (But can't you give a secondary group to those members who cheats the system which disables them from send transactions to others). I mean the forum is punished for something that others did and instead of taking it away, you should've ban those members or delete their bells or whatever. I was gonna make a detailed post about how to give someone the ability to not send transaction but it's time for 3RD block. I'll make a better post later but for now, let's keep discussion here.

I think it's just very low on the admin/mods priority list of things they would like to do for the forums or they haven't figured a way to prevent cheating or it's both.

Yeaah I really want it back, but the mods will probably not respond to the thread or say like...."lol no" so ;-;

Honestly, I think the concept of greed is what killed the interest system and the welcome bells. I wouldn't even blame the moderators for doing that.

Greed leads to people abusing systems. Abuse leads to systems being disabled. Only a small percentage of users have greed, but their actions affect everyone (which is unfortunate).

the issue is that they would always have to be on top of things to find who is all abusing the system, and pending how late they could end up being (say if someone abuses and then uses the funds to buy something from another person. staff can't very well remove the funds at this point, as it'd be cheating someone out who may of had no involvement), would just make any sort of punishment handling like this rather irrelevant

overall, I just can't see the level of constant work effort needed in maintaining this even being close to worthwhile. especially when there's far more important forum management matters at hand beyond virtual currency

Last edited:
As much as I would love to receive bank interest, I have to agree with previous comments that it is low priority, and would probably require more work than it's worth.

Even if we did what you asked and flipped a switch, you'd be making at best a measely amount of bells a day. You're just better off posting one more time before bed.

Even if we did what you asked and flipped a switch, you'd be making at best a measely amount of bells a day. You're just better off posting one more time before bed.

This sounds like what Prof Gallows (as well as Justin) said last year. It only benefits the rich while doing nothing for anybody else. Even if you have 100K TBT, you only get 100 a day, which is still not that much.

This sounds like what Prof Gallows (as well as Justin) said last year. It only benefits the rich while doing nothing for anybody else. Even if you have 100K TBT, you only get 100 a day, which is still not that much.

At my richest point, I could have made 36,500+ bells/year just from collecting interest. That would have easily accumulated to 50K+ since the interest has been removed. Not so measly!

The interest really only helps the rich and basically make the rich even richer.

But imo, I don't really care if it comes back or not, it's been gone for so long that it really doesn't matter to me at this point. Also because I'm just not as active or care much about bells/collectibles and forum stuff since I stopped playing ACNL.

Last edited:
What if we're all secretly rich though
You aren't you all buy collectibles

At my richest point, I could have made 36,500+ bells/year just from collecting interest. That would have easily accumulated to 50K+ since the interest has been removed. Not so measly!

The interest really only helps the rich and basically make the rich even richer.

But imo, I don't really care if it comes back or not, it's been gone for so long that it really doesn't matter to me at this point. Also because I'm just not as active or care much about bells/collectibles and forum stuff since I stopped playing ACNL.
I mean that's a year, it would add up over time but that's assuming you checked it like clockwork 24/7. But yes, it makes the rich richer which ended up being the big con of it.

hmm maybe, but that kinda seems like quite a bit of work for the mods, why try to weed out all the people abusing it when you can just cut off the source of the problem

I mean that's a year, it would add up over time but that's assuming you checked it like clockwork 24/7. But yes, it makes the rich richer which ended up being the big con of it.

It might actually be better for the interest to not come back because it'll just be too much TBT currency circulating around and prices are already inflated as it is.

hmm maybe, but that kinda seems like quite a bit of work for the mods, why try to weed out all the people abusing it when you can just cut off the source of the problem

exactly lol

Interest & welcome bells ruined the tbt economy. I wasn't around for when it was in effect, but it seems finally all the abused TBT is circulated/on old accounts, thus making the economy somewhat fair for new members. If it's brought back, it's obvious some members are going to get away with abusing it, then glhf paying 25k+ for certain collectibles. :/

exactly lol

Interest & welcome bells ruined the tbt economy. I wasn't around for when it was in effect, but it seems finally all the abused TBT is circulated/on old accounts, thus making the economy somewhat fair for new members. If it's brought back, it's obvious some members are going to get away with abusing it, then glhf paying 25k+ for certain collectibles. :/

Also the Jingle Event took a huge chuck of bells out of the economy. 299,428 bells to be exact. :]

How about we put a limit on how much TBT everybody can have? Like if someone has 20,000 TBT, they won't make anymore Bells, even from gifting. It would be best to keep collectible prices low to the TBT Marketplace. Of course, it could lead to other problems, but it would make people have little or no reason to abuse systems.

How about we put a limit on how much TBT everybody can have? Like if someone has 20,000 TBT, they won't make anymore Bells, even from gifting. It would be best to keep collectible prices low to the TBT Marketplace. Of course, it could lead to other problems, but it would make people have little or no reason to abuse systems.

wHAT NO WAY

There's quite a few people on here with more than 20k o_O
And I want to make it to 50k one day <|3

No. Just no. That would be punishment to those who actually EARN it with art or items.

We don't have max limits on how much people can have IRL, we shouldn't have it here

Back