• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Birthstone Collectibles vs Astrology Collectibles

What would you rather have?

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

Apple Imperialist
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Red Balloon
Banana
Green Cotton Candy
Yule Log
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Bee Plush
Frost Easter Egg
Purple Candy
White Tulip
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Since August is coming to an end, I decided to ask for your opinion on what would you rather have more. And here's why:

The Sapphire collectible (September birthstone) was the first of the 12 birthstones. At the end of the cycle was the Peridot collectible (August birthstone). During the first cycle, Justin originally intended to have them for one year, but then allowed them to run for another cycle. Then after some rumor of them being cancelled after the second cycle, they re-appeared for the third cycle. I could assume that they would run for a fourth cycle as I don't know what the staff is thinking, but what would you rather have? Would you prefer the birthstones to run for one more year, or would you rather have the astrology sign collectibles like I suggested in another thread earlier this month?

In my opinion, I would prefer to have astrology collectibles as the new monthly collectible because I already got all 12 birthstones as I am interested into having more collectibles than what I have now. The thing with birthstones is that you can have only one birthstone of each kind. It was nice for Justin to let them stay in the shop for another year, but now they have been in the store for three years. I would like some change.

Tbh I'm not into birthstones as they're only liftable once - I'm only really interested in buying collectibles for reselling for profit, unless they're super nice tbh >.>

So unless the astrology collectibles are gonna be giftable multiple times, I don't see myself buying any, except maybe a Libra just because

I believed the staff didn't want us to make profits off these hence the giftable once feature. I would have loved the birthstone more if we could have multiples of the same one. It would have been great to have a line up of 6 of my birthstones. So if the astrology is in the same regards as birthstones, I wouldn't be interested in them at all.

It'd be nice if it could change where you can own multiples but still have the giftable once feature because just think of all the cute color line ups people can do with the stones.

This is kinda off topic, but it'd be cool where you can buy an add-on to arrange your line-up however you want :eek:

ok bye

I believed the staff didn't want us to make profits off these hence the giftable once feature. I would have loved the birthstone more if we could have multiples of the same one. It would have been great to have a line up of 6 of my birthstones. So if the astrology is in the same regards as birthstones, I wouldn't be interested in them at all.

It'd be nice if it could change where you can own multiples but still have the giftable once feature because just think of all the cute color line ups people can do with the stones.

You know, I'm beginning to agree that having birthstones giftable only once is a bad idea. I wouldn't say it's a bad idea if you can have only one of a kind, but to make them giftable only once, it's already a problem.

Personally, I don't particularly care for any collectibles that aren't giftable, since they seem valueless to me. Besides a few that look nice, I don't really go out of my way to get any; if it's available, I'll buy it, but only because it's usually a one-time only type of thing. Most of my ungiftables are hidden away in my inventory, never to see the light of day again, just because they're ungiftable and aren't valuable. It's why I ended up discarding my old gifted birthstones, so I could finish getting a whole giftable set. Although I love the design and idea behind the birthstones, it definitely makes me like them a lot less knowing that if I want to, I can't temporarily share them with friends, or have someone send it back to me with a nice message.

If they do release zodiac collectibles and limit them like they have with the birthstones, I'll probably just buy them from the shop just to have the whole set. They'll probably rot in my inventory along with the countless mittens and other ungiftables. I really do hope the staff remove some of the limitations. I understand the staff not wanting people to profit off of them, but they're not going to be popular or even desired if they can't be giftable.

In the end, I don't really care if they do another year of birthstones or have new zodiac ones. I'd rather spend the tbt buying non-unique, giftable collectibles.

Personally, I don't particularly care for any collectibles that aren't giftable, since they seem valueless to me. Besides a few that look nice, I don't really go out of my way to get any; if it's available, I'll buy it, but only because it's usually a one-time only type of thing. Most of my ungiftables are hidden away in my inventory, never to see the light of day again, just because they're ungiftable and aren't valuable. It's why I ended up discarding my old gifted birthstones, so I could finish getting a whole giftable set. Although I love the design and idea behind the birthstones, it definitely makes me like them a lot less knowing that if I want to, I can't temporarily share them with friends, or have someone send it back to me with a nice message.

If they do release zodiac collectibles and limit them like they have with the birthstones, I'll probably just buy them from the shop just to have the whole set. They'll probably rot in my inventory along with the countless mittens and other ungiftables. I really do hope the staff remove some of the limitations. I understand the staff not wanting people to profit off of them, but they're not going to be popular or even desired if they can't be giftable.

In the end, I don't really care if they do another year of birthstones or have new zodiac ones. I'd rather spend the tbt buying non-unique, giftable collectibles.

Yeah, definitely agree with this...this is the whole reason I've avoided buying the 2016 Patch this year. I mean, if the event was ending and I had 5 tickets left, I'd probably buy it, but I wouldn't spend actual TBT on it.
Like the mittens tbh. I have literally 20 just sitting in my inventory, doing nothing. I can't bring myself the discard them, though...

Since August is coming to an end, I decided to ask for your opinion on what would you rather have more. And here's why:

The Sapphire collectible (September birthstone) was the first of the 12 birthstones. At the end of the cycle was the Peridot collectible (August birthstone). During the first cycle, Justin originally intended to have them for one year, but then allowed them to run for another cycle. Then after some rumor of them being cancelled after the second cycle, they re-appeared for the third cycle. I could assume that they would run for a fourth cycle as I don't know what the staff is thinking, but what would you rather have? Would you prefer the birthstones to run for one more year, or would you rather have the astrology sign collectibles like I suggested in another thread earlier this month?

In my opinion, I would prefer to have astrology collectibles as the new monthly collectible because I already got all 12 birthstones as I am interested into having more collectibles than what I have now. The thing with birthstones is that you can have only one birthstone of each kind. It was nice for Justin to let them stay in the shop for another year, but now they have been in the store for three years. I would like some change.

please love yourself.

I like to collect things so I don't mind something new. However, I think the flowers are good enough as a new unlimited for a limited time collectible.

I think we should have another series of Animal Crossing collectibles, in all seriousness. I'll probably always stick with my birthstones, but astrology collectibles are an acquired taste for a lot of people because a lot of people don't believe in them, follow them, and they aren't anything to do with the games. So, let's maybe throw fossil collectibles in the mix, or maybe item collectibles.

Astrology is awesomesauce. I'd love to see them as collectibles, especially if they were displayed as the actual constellations. Then we could have full starry sky lineups <3

Kinda mad at myself for failing to get a star wand, but as much as I love the starry backgrounds on those collectibles, I don't like the wands themselves that much. They're great in game, but I don't care for the 2-D versions of them >> It's all about them perty stars~

it'll be fun to see what they make as astrology collectibles

Honestly, something monthly that's new and fresh would be really nice in general. That's not to say the the current birthstones aren't, though.

Heh I feel like I need to use some of this posts in this thread as citations next time there's a thread about how collectibles shouldn't be rare, and they should all be easily available to everyone. A lot of people do like their trading!

Heh I feel like I need to use some of this posts in this thread as citations next time there's a thread about how collectibles shouldn't be rare, and they should all be easily available to everyone. A lot of people do like their trading!

hOW am I gonna sell for 100000k profit if they're all common jUSTIN

hOW am I gonna sell for 100000k profit if they're all common jUSTIN

Based on how much TBT there is left in circulation (due to having fewer members than in 2014-2015, some rich members being inactive etc), it's not really possible to get 100,000 TBT in ten or less items, even if collectibles are just as rare.

Personally, I think collectibles like the white feather, star wand, and red pinwheel should reach a supply of 250 items each, and retire when it hits that anount, so people would keep the ideal prices to 10,000 TBT or lower (depending on how much are in circulation). Stuff like the pink feather and Yoshi egg can reach to 500 to 750 items before retiring so the ideal price stays at 5,000 TBT or lower, and stuff like the apple and chocolate cake should have more supply to keep the ideal value of 1,000 TBT or lower.

Yes, I do want lots of TBT, but I would also like to solve the "lack of special collectibles" problem so people don't have to complain about the lack of collectibles as much.

Also, I only suggested astrology collectibles because of not that there aren't enough collectibles, but there aren't enough monthly collectibles.

Back