• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Gracie ??

deerliing

爱一个人不需&#
Bells
hello ! this question may or may not be a common occurence here in tbt, but since this has been on my mind for far too long, i may as well just get out with it..

i have never seen a single trace of Gracie Grace in any of my towns. ever. and it's seriously frustrating me aaa! i've been playing acnl since it came out and have had 3 towns so far, and in all those years of gameplay, i have still not seen Gracie appear in my plaza.
all of my towns that i've played in have all unlocked TIY at one point and have already passed the 100k bells goal..

i've read stuff about Gracie appearing on random, but i'm starting to wonder whether there's something wrong with my copy of New Leaf because i've never ever seen her in my town ever. the fortune telling shop and Redd's appear very oftenly, but that's about it. no Gracie. Am i doing something wrong ?? D:

and another question i'd like to ask is can you do the fashion checks with Gracies in other villages ? if Gracie happened to be in my friend's village today would i be able to go to her town and do the fashion check with Gracie there? and would it count as a pass?

i've wanted to unlock the Emporium for such a long time but this Gracie problem's been haunting me for 3 years now and i really want to find a solution.

Please help !!

gracie showing up is a very random and rare occurence. sometimes it can take months for her to appear, and honestly getting all 4 of her fashion checks might take a long time without time travel.

as for your second question, i've never tried it, but i believe it will only count if gracie is in your town.

i'm afraid there's no way to speed up the process that doesn't involve you time traveling and praying she hopes up then, but i wish you the best of luck.

Last edited:
I started my town Quackle in October of 2013 and I finally got the Emporium last month.It took almost a year after my TIY opened before Gracie started appearing.In my first ACNL town(started in June 2013) it took about a year to get the Emporium because I played in that town a lot more than I did in Quackle.I don't know how often you play but I think it does affect when Gracie shows up in your town.

It took me forever to catch her too. If you get lucky and find her, remember that day. Set the time to 5:59am on that day and it should reset her when the clock hits 6:00, so you'll be able to get all four fashion checks in one day. It worked for me. I was so happy when she appeared, I had been waiting for so long!

It's very random. For some people it's very rare, I've known someone who played everyday and Gracie showed up just twice in a year....
I know I got very lucky, at the time I hadn't realised that when she is in your town you could do the fashion check and tt to repeat the day and get all of them done at once. But as it turned out I didn't really need to, I got all of them don't within a couple of months, she just kept turning up. If you aren't doing so already, I would do some tt. Just day to day, haven't got to rush it. Then once you find her and pass the check, just repeat that day and get them all done.

i started my town this february, and have seen gracie twice so far. if you play frequently, without time travelling (the clock in game being different from the 3ds clock) she seems to have a better chance of appearing. i have never time travelled in this town, and don't plan to.

She showed up in my second town today, after time traveling a day at a time for about 2 weeks of game time. Once I passed the check, I time traveled back and forth a day to get all the checks done at once. Then TT'ed couple days to the grand opening of T&T Emporium. That was the last Main Street upgrade I needed after I built Katrina' s last week.

I don't know if it matters or not, but I only change the date on my DS settings, I never change the date in the game itself. I only have two cartridges and haven't had an issue with her not showing up, but in my first town I made the mistake of not TT'ing after her first visit and it took FOREVER for her to show up again, but I did all 3 of the last checks using the one day back and forth method.

I hope she shows up soon for you.

Are you sure you've bought enough? I was convinced I had. Then I got fed up and bought the throne one day it showed up in store- next day there was Gracie!

I believe you would have needed to spend a certain amount of money at the store before she starts appearing. So maybe you need to buy some more stuff and then she'll show up. but yeah it's going to be completely random.

I always assumed Gracie appeared for the first time as an indicator that you spent enough to open the Emporium. In my town Gracie showed up once every two weeks or so. I guess I got lucky :)

thanks for all the response guys ! helps alot, honest :D i never time travel in my town unless it's really really needed, so maybe i'll just wait it out and buy some more stuff. if she really doesn't show up, i'll try time travelling ! :D again, thanks so much !

[update!] i finally got Gracie in my town yesterday !! i passed her first fashion check and got an acid-washed jacket as a prize :D i am aware that you need 4 fashion checks in total to get the TIY upgraded, but when exactly is she going to come back ? i attempted the reset trick in which i went back to 5:59 on the day before and re-freshed the town but she wasn't at the plaza..then i tried resetting to 5:59 on the day i got her and when i checked she was still not there. am i doing something wrong ? if so, and if i've missed my chance at the reset trick (i'm on the day after now ingame) when will she appear again?

Back