Eline

Mayor of Lavender
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Red Tulip
White Tulip
Yellow Tulip
MAN. I realllyyyyy want to catch this darn tarantula tonight but I DID NOT EVEN SEE ONE YET.
I don't want to wait nearly a YEAR before it comes back...

Tips are welcome but I don't think I'm really doing anything wrong...

Are you guys struggling too or nah?

I got that one after free tries.. its his friend i'm having trouble catching qq

I've only seen one and it scared the heck outta me and I scared it away :s
Haven't seen one since.

You'll run into it when you're not looking for one. That happened to me with the tarantula, scorpion, gar and arapaima.

For tips I recommend walking, not running (this can scare them) and having your net so that when you press up on the D-pad you can get it instantly without having to go through all the other tools. When you are close enough, hold A. As long as you're crouching with the net up, it won't attack you.

I also recommend looking around the town, and if you don't find any, save and continue. This resets all bug and fish spawns.

Well you could cut down all your trees, remove all stumps and flowers so only certain bugs including the tarantula can spawn...

You probably don't wanna do that though, so you can always visit someone else's town that they've set to a summer evening.

I got that one after free tries.. its his friend i'm having trouble catching qq

Ahhh I didn't catch that scorpion yet either, did see two already though...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh thanks for the tips everyone. I hope I'll be able to catch one tonight c:

Ahhh I didn't catch that scorpion yet either, did see two already though...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh thanks for the tips everyone. I hope I'll be able to catch one tonight c:
They creep me out so i'm like chicken with my head chooop off when I see em lol

Well you could cut down all your trees, remove all stumps and flowers so only certain bugs including the tarantula can spawn...

You probably don't wanna do that though, so you can always visit someone else's town that they've set to a summer evening.

Tarantulas and scorpions don't appear when the gates are open. You have to catch them on your own.

Back in City Folk, I struck tarantulas from behind or startled them on purpose, then swung my net at the right moment.

Keep trying, tarantula and scorpion have been the hardest bugs to catch for me.

Dont run.
Dont hold your net untill you see one.
When you see one, take your net and immediatly press A to crouch.
Dont get nervious, they will try to scare you once they see you holding your net but they will usually ignore you after a while, even if you crouch walk.
Try to get open areas while looking for them, they will dissappear if they pass through a tree, rock, pwp or bushes.
They have suicidal tendences, so they will drop from a cliff or to the river if they are near to them.
If one follows you keep running, they are slower than you, so after a while runnig, turn arround and use your net to catch it.
If you want to run away from scoprion, you can run to the beach, they will dissapear in the slope. I dont know if tarantulas do this tho. You can always enter a building too.
Save and continue after a while of looking and finding nothing.

Good luck.

I managed to catch the scorpion and the tarantula this summer after trying with no luck for the previous two summers. So don't worry, it will happen for you.

i've already caught the tarantula and scorpion, but i hated it..they always scared me lmao

good luck!

I had no problem with tarantulas, they spawned with each save&continue. It took me few days to finally see scorpion.

I've read some posts where people said that tarantuals&scorpios spawn places in their towns where near plaza, train station and toan hall and it was also true for me - so instead of looking everywhere for them just look around those places. If there's nothing - save&continue.

I had no problem with tarantulas, they spawned with each save&continue. It took me few days to finally see scorpion.

I've read some posts where people said that tarantuals&scorpios spawn places in their towns where near plaza, train station and toan hall and it was also true for me - so instead of looking everywhere for them just look around those places. If there's nothing - save&continue.

I've been trying this method for a while now, but still no luck. Thanks anyway c:

I've caught like 5, but the first one scared the hell out of me, lol. The other 4 appeared when I wasn't even looking for them, so don't worry. They appear in open spaces normally, and they can appear even if you have patterns.

I was told to be still when they hissed and made creepy noises (this applies to scorpions too) and then keep sneaking up on them when they turned around, but I've found that it's better to keep going at a slow pace when they hiss because they won't attack you and you will actually be able to catch them without missing, since they don't miss.

I've complete 11 players tarantula and scorpions. Found that just going about your daily chores was the best way to catch them.
Both bugs usually spawn in the same spots. If you've seen a scorpion than those spots are where you should look for a tarantula.

Found removing some of the flowers in the spawning spots helped. Just left a few flowers so the bug thought it had a spot to hide.
One was waiting outside after I deliver a gift. A lot walked behind me while I fished or behind the villager while we were talking. Finished the talking or catching the fish and than nailed the bug.

Watch your villagers. If they freeze and wouldn't move something might be up. 3 villagers refused to move from the bridge. Walked pass the villagers and a scorpion was waiting for me. Fireworks night is a good time to find them. I found both bugs during the last firework show.

A poster wrote that they set their game for 11pm when it was 2pm real time. They found it was easy to catch the bug because their eyes weren't tired.

I carry a fishing rod and just have the net in my hand. Pull the net out when near them. If you are too faraway you might not get them in time. If they try to attack I freeze. Wait for them to sit back down and than I move forward like you do when catching a golden stag. If it tries to jump into the water move back. Sometime you can talk them off the edge. I've stopped 5 from jumping into the river.

Ok im not trying to be narcissistic LOL, but the tarantula and scorpions were easy to catch, i was on my side character and just switched through my tools and caught it in one swing. Same thing with the tarantula, but is there something you need to do to scare them? Ive heard people getting chased by them and i wanna try it badly.

Ok im not trying to be narcissistic LOL, but the tarantula and scorpions were easy to catch, i was on my side character and just switched through my tools and caught it in one swing. Same thing with the tarantula, but is there something you need to do to scare them? Ive heard people getting chased by them and i wanna try it badly.

Just have your net out. I completely forgot that it's past 8pm and I should put the net back into my pockets and was just running about - tarantula was hidden in my purple roses garden and once I got near her she chased me all the way back to my house :p

I've tried catching the scorpion, it one shot me and knocked me out.
Same thing happened yesterday with another tarantula ;-; i cri

I cleared my current main town of all the paths. Nights and nights went by and I only saw one tarantula.

I have caught them before in other towns. And yes, it was always when I wasn't looking. But I want to look! I want to find them now!

And I have never seen a scorpion in game. So I'd really like to find one - and catch it - someday.

Back