• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Would you like the next Animal Crossing game to have everything at the same scale?

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Red Balloon
Banana
Green Cotton Candy
Yule Log
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Bee Plush
Frost Easter Egg
Purple Candy
White Tulip
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I may have written a long book of ideas on my fansite (aka my Idea Book), but there's one idea I forgot. What if the next game of Animal Crossing had everything at the same scale? If you don't know what I mean, your towns will be 560x560 spaces instead of 80x80 spaces, but houses are bigger on the outside than in previous games. It would basically feel more realistic so your houses won't be bigger on the inside. Also, each human plot is 36x24 opposed to 5x3, but on the inside, you have 28 spaces max in width and 16 spaces max in depth. The villager plots are 14x14 instead of 3x3 when the houses are still 6x6 on the inside. The commercial services (like Nooklings and Museum) would also follow this suit, as some PWPs would be enlarged. Would you think it would be a good idea to see more realism or a bad idea?

I already dislike how realistic New Leaf looked, so I would be upset if something like this was added. I would appreciate the opposite, actually; a new Animal Crossing game with City Folk's artstyle.

It's still a nice idea, though.

I'm not sure if i'd like that.

I kind of like the idea of the town being a mini-scale like it's a whole world inside the DS that you created, meaning it has to all fit inside the system if that makes sense :p idk that's just a cute little thing I have about the game, that feeling that its my mini world inside the DS :3.

Although having everything in the same scale and kind of realistic would definitley make the game feel like my actual alternate universe :p

Hmmm I don't think I'd mind particularly if that was implemented, but I have zero issue with the current scale. Cherries are the same size as shirts, which are both the same as a t-Rex fossil on the ground, 16 items fit in your pockets, etc etc. Houses being bigger on the inside is just how it is. Like the Tardis!

I already dislike how realistic New Leaf looked, so I would be upset if something like this was added. I would appreciate the opposite, actually; a new Animal Crossing game with City Folk's artstyle.

It's still a nice idea, though.

I completely agree. New Leaf is pretty and all but when I think "animal crossing" New Leaf isn't what comes to mind.

Ok, maybe I'm not a good person to opine about this since NewLeaf is the first game of the serie that I played, but... I already like the style like it is now. I never felt or thought my town was too small or anything. If it was like you are suggesting, I think the game would look to slow when moving around, no matter if you ran, because it would take too long to arrive anywhere.

So basically, no. I wound't want the next game to be scaled.

I'm okay with the scale how it is, but one thing that really annoyed me was how small the lighthouse was. I mean, it's a lighthouse!

I mean, I'd like to see a bigger scale, but I'm not upset with what we currently live with.

Back