• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anyone else have plans to reset once the update drops?

HopeForHyrule

Bunny Fanatic
Bells
Switch
2496-6703-5894
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Apologies in advance if this shouldn't be posted, and delete it if necessary, but anyway!

Is anyone else planning to reset one of (or only) your towns after the Fall update? Are you going to recreate your current town, or go for something new?

I almost hate to do it, since I've had Balamb since launch, but that town is a hot mess. The map sucks, I didn't even know plot-resetting was a thing and I placed my perma-PWPs in some really stupid places.

So unless the update somehow ups the character limit for town names and I can finally have Daguerreo, I'm gonna name my remade town Oeilvert (FFIX peeps will get it) and since most of my current villagers are hamster, I'm gonna make them my moogles and make the town have an archaeological vibe, with the pyramid, Sphinx and Stonehenge PWPs. I'm also toying with adding Lucky and Ankha and make them the guardians of the town. Or something.

I'm curious to see if anyone is as crazy as me with this. :)

I'm on the same boat as you when it comes to what my town looks like (I cringe everytime I see where I put the police station... what was I thinking?), and I thought of resetting, but I'm not going to. Not only I'm going to go back to university very soon and I won't have time to develop a town from scratch, but also my location makes it nearly impossible to obtain any amiibo cards, let alone the specific 10 I want.

Last edited:
nope..i do have a third copy that i'm not using atm, so i might use that town to experiment with the update

only if the update is really big (like letting us choose where villagers live, fixed PWP placement, etc.) otherwise im pretty ok with my town.

Depends if it's necessary. I don't think the update would work more in your favor if you reset. I wouldn't expect too much out of it though.

I thought the update was just adding those villager cards.

From what little we know, yeah. Which is enough for me, since I'll be able to buy the cards for my villagers and still have them all even in a new town.

I have a spare town that just grows weeds for my real players. Plan on making that town a real one using the cards.

I want to reset my main because the map is tragic and so are my perm-pwp but I've grown too much of an attachment to it. I'll most likely reset my second town when the update drops.

It depends on what the update brings. If it's just adding villagers via amiibo then no. If it brings a lot of new stuff that will make the experience different to what we can do now - probably (as long as someone will hold my gold tools for me ;) )

I might reset Azura once I know for sure what the update will bring... It's my cycling town so I haven't exactly put too much effort into it. My other towns are staying though... I have too much progress in them to reset now and I don't have any issues with them.

I had recently started a third town using my cycling town cart when I found out about this update. I reset until I found the perfect map and I was still deciding which villagers I wanted in my town. When I heard you could use amiibo cards to move them in I was really excited for it. I managed to get amiibo cards of Maple and Tammy, I really wanted them for my new town and other villagers I already had the cards of. I'm planning on revisiting that town after the update, so if I hadn't already reset it for the map, then I would have anyway to move in new villagers.

I would never reset my town under any circumstance. I have all my favorite villagers and I've spent too much time on it to just throw it away.

I've inly had my town for very few months and im still not done with my town. I would only consider resetting if pwps and house placements were easier to deal with, or other things like that. If it's just the amiibo cards then I'll just continue working in my current town:)

Back