• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

College!

Bells
Yule Log
Dreamy Bear Plush
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Tin Robot
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
う
Winter Mittens
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Mother's Day Carnation
I hope there's not already a thread on this..

I hope I'm not the only TBT member starting classes (yesterday... lol) at college. It has been such a great experience for me so far and I'm looking forward to what else it has to offer. I know it'll be difficult but I think that's what makes it exciting.

Is anyone going to college? Have you already started classes? Are you going soon? Has anyone been in college for more than a year? What was your experience?

I finished college in May. I studied foreign languages (German, Spanish and English). I studied there two years and honestly, I had the best time ever. I met so much people, I had so much fun and it was way better than high school in every way possible. I'll miss college. Now I have a year off school, and then I'll go to Uni (not sure what I will study yet).

I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun in college. :blush: What are you studying?

Last edited:
I finished college in May. I studied foreign languages (German, Spanish and English). I studied there two years and honestly, I had the best time ever. I met so much people, I had so much fun and it was way better than high school in every way possible. I'll miss college. Now I have a year off school, and then I'll go to Uni (not sure what I will study yet).

I'm undeclared but I might wanna minor in Art - Graphic Design c:

I won't start until Winter. I am going to take placement tests to see what classes fit me best. I really want to take floral design, since I am taking about being a florist. Baking/Pastry Arts is an actual degree I'm considering because I am also interested in becoming a baker/pastry chef. <3

Hi friends.

I graduated from Virginia Tech last May, and now am a graduate student here in Blacksburg, VA!
Classes started yesterday for us as well and it's been an interesting experience thus far. Much different from undergrad.
Either way, if there is anyone here that went to school in VA or grew up here, I'd love to know!
And if you went to University of Virginia, well don't talk to me. I'm not interested. LOL, just kidding.
But it's actually pretty interesting to see a good dynamic of people that actually play this game and considering I'm new here, it was interesting to see a wide diversity and good, healthy group of people as well!
And I hope I'm not...the oldest person here that plays this game (ACNL) LOL.

I already have a degree in filmmaking and screenwriting, but I've decided to go back to school to study biology. I start Monday! I'm a little nervous but overall just really excited. I was so lucky to even get in - I only had my interview a couple days ago! I'm going to be at a disadvantage due to not having the maths/science background that other applicants have, so it's going to be hard work, but I'm pretty sure I can pull it off. My modules for the first semester look intimidating and exhilarating all at once.

Oh. My sister was a wreck. She was stressing out everyday, crying everyday.
Not looking forward to college, though I am quite far away from it ^^"

Starting college/uni is so exciting, enjoy all the new experiences as much as you can you guys!

My uni experience was as an adult returning to study in a course made for adults already working in the field or who otherwise met the entry requirements, so quite different from the stereotypical uni student scenario. In Australia we don't have American-style closed campuses except in more rural areas, uni campuses are usually more idk ?open? I guess? Both space-wise and in terms of the courses offered. There are so many types of courses available to all kinds of students that it was a bit hard for me to settle in at first since the faces around campus areas were always changing. It was like walking down a random busy street - and sometimes that's literally what we did to get to different classes lol. I loved my time at uni but was underwhelmed by the "uni experience" itself in some ways.

Many unis do have dorms but living on campus is usually done by those who live too far away to commute easily (esp rural, interstate, or international). Since the campus itself isn't usually separate from the surrounding neighbourhood, there's no advantage to living on campus if you find cheaper accomodation nearby (or further out and commute). Public transport is good with lots of connections. Social stuff can be hard as classmates can live hours away from you and it's easy to feel isolated in a place where people are always moving on; the campus eating areas I've been to have all had that generic "food court" atmosphere found in any shopping centre (mall) or business district eatery. There are all kinds of clubs and groups and events and things you can get involved with around but you have to look for them, or know where to ask for info - assuming you can make the scheduling work.

My course was a 2 year diploma which will be 1 year credit minimum when I am ready to start my early childhood teaching degree (leaving 3 years unless I add to the course load). All my teachers and guest lecturers were excellent, as were the admin and support staff (though the admin processes themselves were the typical bonkers bureaucratic mess these places always seem to wind up with). My classmates were fab and I'm still close with 5-6 of them. We're due for our 5 year class reunion soon, too, which will be awesome! I haven't seen some of them since our graduation ceremony. We started off with 30+ students and ended with just short of 20 graduating which is impressive considering the course load; the course is notorious for the high dropout rate even with high course entry requirements as the RL workload of a diploma qualified educator is basically insane compared to similar qualifications.

I'm in no rush to begin studying again due to health issues but also because being "on the floor" and working in my field is a lot more valuable to my education right now than rushing back to uni would be. Education is one of those fields that you really need to put theory and knowledge into practice for a while to really consolidate that learning. Until I've had another few years running the room and doing all that comes along with that I'm not going to move on to study again. Depending on my life at the time it's likely I will continue post-graduate studies and potentially do my Masters. I'm very lucky to have the luxury of choice - without my partner's income I would be forced to rush and get the degree now to make more money as a teacher. Early childhood educators are paid a pittance, well below the national "living wage" in Australia.

Very interesting responses, I'm glad that (mostly) everyone has had an enjoyable experience! at first i was super nervous to be away from home (kansas city-> Truman state = 3 hours) but it has been so fun and exciting! It's definitely different from high school; you're more independent and free to do what you want but there are so many supportive people that can help out!

Hey, I haven't started university yet but I am in just under a month to study Japanese! Am I nervous? Yes! But also excited. :) I've been chatting to a few of my flatmates and they're all really kind and sweet, same with my course mates, so I'm feeling positive. I'm just worried I'll get pretty homesick and I'll end up missing family and friends back home. It's inevitable but I think I'll get used to it eventually. Honestly it's just one whole big mix of emotions but I'll settle down eventually.

I was gonna start uni this year but I'm holding off a year to try for a better score, hence less fee. It was a hard decision to make but ughh

I just started classes today! I don't know anyone in any of them so far except for a girl I worked with during a volunteer session and a guy I've seen around campus, but outside of that class I don't know anyone. I've already gotten so much to do for tonight & tomorrow, I honestly hope this pace isn't kept up the entire year.

All of the people I met at orientation seem to either not have class as early as I do (I have an 8am class 3 times a week) or they have class when I don't, so I've been sitting outside the library a lot today just waiting for my next classes.

Starting fashion studies on monday! Hope it's gonna be fun but there are a crapton of books so tbh I hope we can get help buying them or finding online because apart from one we can buy at uni they are pretty much a lost cause lol

Hiya, classes begin this week for me but it's mainly orientation/introduction. I am going into my third year of nursing in one of Canada's best nursing programs. ^^

I love university, more freedom but with responsibility of course haha. Nursing school is hectic and I am so busy. I live on my own here so I have to balance a lot. I also work part time too. I make a lot of sacrifices and try my best to take care of myself so I don't burn out.

University is apparently one of your best years so I am trying to make the best of it. I recently moved to a new apartment that is closer to my university. But it agitates me so much because 1) no service on my phone (I live in the basement - it's a basement apartment), and 2) wifi is being so moody lately. -___-

Well I ended up at a university I didn't like all too much because of my grades.

but it's alright I mean the people are nice. could be worse

I'm just starting a major in fashion design in like a month, I'm super excited and also scared.

I've been in college for two semesters now. I take classes online, which is great and super easy for me, but it's not for everyone. I have no idea when I'll get my associates in applied computer science, but after I'll probably study computer game science and computer animation.:cool:

Back