• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Most Common TBT threads?

cornimer

grab acorns 'til you're delirious
Bells
Island
Crayola
Pink Balloon
Green Balloon
Pink Balloon
Green Balloon
Pink Balloon
Space Whale Plush
Splat Easter Egg
Green Fair Pinwheel
Kaleidoclover
Flower Glow Wand
What are some of the most common types of threads you have seen during your time on TBT?

I've seen a lot of confession threads, which villager should I get (insert name) or (insert other name), Ask (insert user here) threads and plotting help threads.

Ofc there's nothing wrong with making these sorts of threads, I'm just speculating on trends. :) Please be respectful

Last edited:
"Asking" threads are usually the most common. I also see a lot of "Should I reset?" threads. Also, I see so many guides.

Basement: ask me, marriage, rps, spam giveaways

TBT Marketplace: collectible scalpers, price guides, tbt for currency on another site exchanges

Brewster's Cafe: edgy spam/bait, heated politics, flame-wars, yes or no polls

The cafe definitely has the juiciest threads and the most trends. It's better than netflix or hulu plus if you ask me.

-Politics (Especially about Trump)
-Ask me!
-Should I reset? (The resetting thread exists for a reason)
-Underrated villagers? (They might as well be overrated at this point)
-You favorite ___ villager?
-What villager should I get?
-Look at this cute thing my villager did! (NL Screenshot Thread, hello?)

i've definitely seen "what villager should i get?" and ask me threads a lot

-Politics (Especially about Trump)
-Ask me!
-Should I reset? (The resetting thread exists for a reason)
-Underrated villagers? (They might as well be overrated at this point)
-You favorite ___ villager?
-What villager should I get?
-Look at this cute thing my villager did! (NL Screenshot Thread, hello?)

The last one bugs me.
The resetting threads are okay for me because people don't respond to the reset thread.

Basically this list. Don't forget the marriage threads though, those were common last year.

Lately, I've seen plenty of threads in the Nintendo Treehouse board pertaining on which game(s) to get on the current gen Nintendo systems. I get that they want to broaden their gaming library, since Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Happy Home Designer are starting to lose a bit of their appeal, and that fewer games are releasing on both 3DS and Wii U.
At this point, it might be a good idea to start a thread where we recommend the best games for both 3DS and Wii U to help decluttering the Nintendo Treehouse board.

political threads that get people in an uproar then gets closed

In the ACNL forum there are way too many threads about people wanting other people to choose **** for their town... It's your town, you decide.

It depends on the forum. Most of the AC related forums have specific topics, so naturally there are a lot of similar threads. The Basement has a lot of counting threads. For Brewster's, a lot of threads are about politics and mental illness.

(The resetting thread exists for a reason)

Seriously, this.

I see a lot of these threads:

-What's your favorite villager?
-What's your favorite (insert villager personality)
-What's your favorite species?
-Who should I replace in my town???/This villager or that villager?
-Ideas for the next Animal Crossing game?

I tend to see a lot of the same threads being created in AC:NL compared to other parts of the forums. Honestly, I see a new one of these threads being created every week.

Back