• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Thinking about getting the game...is it worth it??

SolaireOfAstora

After Mon and Tues, even the calendar says WTF
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
July Birthstone (Ruby)
S.S. Dolphin
Chocolate Cake
Vesta
New Horizons Token
Green Candy
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Father's Day Carnation
Cherry (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
I've heard mixed things about this game. What do you do? Just decorate houses? What do you do after they're decorated? What's the objective of the game? I don't understand rip

Is it really worth $45? (CAD)
What do the cards do?

Anything else you think would be helpful would be great to, as I think of more questions to pester tbt with :)

Most people I've talked to say they've stopped playing happy home designer, but I still play it and a lot of others do too. The main goal of the game is to complete all of the facility building (you get to design a cafe, mall and many other things), but some try to design every villager house.

What I do to keep the game interesting is design a house or two one day, and not play for a few days, then come back and design some more. It makes it feel more like a treat rather than a chore, I think thats what a lot of people don't realise haha. You're forcing yourself to design all of these things at once! This goes for ACNL too.

Overall the game is good! Its priced well for what its worth (30$ in the USA)

TL;DR

Its all about designing! It appeals more to the designer Animal Crossing fan, but also the collector (Collecting furniture is a big factor!) Plus you get to take cute pictures with your dreamies and random villagers :)

Its definitely worth it!

if you think it is fun to design homes, then yeah. but it can get quite boring to do the same thing over and over again. for me it is a game that i don't play for months, then i pick it up and design a few rooms, and then i don't play it for a few weeks.

if designing isn't your thing then i don't think you should get it. but yyeah !!

if you think it is fun to design homes, then yeah. but it can get quite boring to do the same thing over and over again. for me it is a game that i don't play for months, then i pick it up and design a few rooms, and then i don't play it for a few weeks.

if designing isn't your thing then i don't think you should get it. but yyeah !!

Thanks! I'm really not sure....amiibo cards are also expensive

You don't need the amiibo cards. You can unlock all of the villagers just by progressing in the game.

Most people I've talked to say they've stopped playing happy home designer, but I still play it and a lot of others do too. The main goal of the game is to complete all of the facility building (you get to design a cafe, mall and many other things), but some try to design every villager house.

What I do to keep the game interesting is design a house or two one day, and not play for a few days, then come back and design some more. It makes it feel more like a treat rather than a chore, I think thats what a lot of people don't realise haha. You're forcing yourself to design all of these things at once! This goes for ACNL too.

Overall the game is good! Its priced well for what its worth (30$ in the USA)

TL;DR

Its all about designing! It appeals more to the designer Animal Crossing fan, but also the collector (Collecting furniture is a big factor!) Plus you get to take cute pictures with your dreamies and random villagers :)

Its definitely worth it!

This is my opinion 100%! Definitely don't try to design everything at once. Do it in moderation and the game still will be fun! It is for me and I do it this way!

Also, if you don't like designing, don't get it cause designing is the main point. That should be fairly obvious but people seem to buy it and complain that all you do is design. XP

- - - Post Merge - - -

But how do you progress if you jut decorate?

You unlock more main street buildings, the more you decorate them. As well, with play coins (I know, ew) you can unlock things like changing windows in the houses you design.

This is my opinion 100%! Definitely don't try to design everything at once. Do it in moderation and the game still will be fun! It is for me and I do it this way!

Also, if you don't like designing, don't get it cause designing is the main point. That should be fairly obvious but people seem to buy it and complain that all you do is design. XP

- - - Post Merge - - -

You unlock more main street buildings, the more you decorate them. As well, with play coins (I know, ew) you can unlock things like changing windows in the houses you design.

You mean I have to walk???

I think it's definitely worth it! I wasn't really that into home designing when I got the game but the game makes it so much more fun. You don't just get to design homes, you can design shops and a school and a hospital and even more. As others have said, you don't need amiibo cards to play the game. The purpose is to let you design a specific villager's home, but eventually that villager will show up on your main street anyways, allowing you to design their home without paying anything.

But if you don't like designing at all then I wouldn't get it.

it'll get boring pretty quickly, but sure, if you want to buy it then go for it

Exactly my whole "mixed opinion" thing. If i get it oof a classified site for ~$20-$25, I'll take it.

I love to play it when I'm bored of New Leaf but still want to interact with the villagers :) I mainly play when I feel like I want to create something.

It's entertaining at the start when you can customize the city, but once you have to do 300+ villager houses it gets repetitive and boring. After the first few hours the game will offer you nothing exciting you wouldn't get in ACNL.

The game feels like a skeleton to me. It gets too repetitive for my tastes, what with only being able to design houses for villagers. Speaking of the little guys, they somehow have less personality than normal. Hell, Lottie is pretty much the only one who has a personality. But that's just me being nitpicky. Also, even though I hate that it's all you can do, the home design gameplay is actually really good and polished. It feels like something that should be in the next actual AC game. No more need to have to manually push and pull furniture, since you can just slide around on the touch screen and boop the furniture wherever you want.

So... yeah. If you like making da pretty homes, HHD is the way to go.

Hey! I was randomly looking a the eShop, when I came across AC:HHD. I don't know why, but the digital version is now sold at 29.99$ CAD. That's weird, I bought it less than a year ago, and it was 44.99$ CAD.

Maybe the lowered price will convince you. :p

I like the game, it's fun. but it's one of those games you play in the car or when you have a brief free time..
when I played it I would do like 2-3 villager houses a day

Hey! I was randomly looking a the eShop, when I came across AC:HHD. I don't know why, but the digital version is now sold at 29.99$ CAD. That's weird, I bought it less than a year ago, and it was 44.99$ CAD.

Maybe the lowered price will convince you. :p

Oh hey, that's nice! the fat that the hard copy is $45 is weird though. hmm...maybe, i hate buying online games, i do prefer hard copies, but we'll see what happens :)

I bought the digital copy so I could keep my ACNL cartridge in its slot at all times where it belongs ;)

Be on the lookout - some stores are putting HHD on clearance at least here in the US. I haven't seen it myself but I heard that GameStop has HHD for 20$ new. Maybe Ebay?

I like it but I wouldn't pay full price. Hopefully you have fun with it!

In my opinion, it wasn't a big deal, it got so boring quickly, and the amiibo cards are very expensive.

You don't need the amiibo cards. You can unlock all of the villagers just by progressing in the game.

You do for the specials, that's the only way to get their furniture/houses, ie Isabelle's scooter from Mario Kart.

I've completed all the non-amiibo required houses/projects, and it's a LOT, you're decorating, decorating, and when you tired of decorating, you can take a break from decorating, and decorate! LOL You can at least upload them, and there's monthly Challenge (Contest in Japan) where you get special pieces of furniture for taking part. It's worth it if you really, REALLY like the decorating aspect of the series, because that's all you'll be doing in this- not even your own house either, and the animals ALWAYS love their houses, no matter how crappy they are!!

Back