• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Trouble catching bugs on trees

kwark

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Often times I can't catch bugs on trees. Though I swing my net at the bug, it still flies way! What is the right position?

It's Wild World, people.

Last edited:
Hmm... odd. I've not had many difficulties.

Make sure you're not trying to catch a bug at any funny angles. Either directly below or almost from side-on is best.

Also, line your character up to a certain spot each time. It's hard to explain, but just get the feel for it. If the bug flies away, you probably swung your net from too far back. Unless your character touches the tree before swinging, you're not too close.

Well, I guess you could try to put a pattern square in front of the trees for more accurate measuring.

Also, I suppose you should use the touch screen for moving instead of the D-pad so you can move slow, which will make it less likely to scare bugs away(or bump into a tree with a bug on it).

Back