• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Switching game to another 3DS

Seastar

Stay fresh!
Bells
Red Rose
White Rose
Flimsy Watering Can
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Sky Grass Scenery
Red Lily
White Lily
White Tulip
Red Tulip
My old 3DS is having problems, so I decided I would play Happy Home Designer on my new one. I downloaded the update first, then it said creating extra data for DLC. I checked and I still had Claude, so everything seemed fine. But then I when I tried to use the Happy Home Network, Lottie said the parental controls were on. I've never had those on and I checked and they are not on. I put the game back in my old 3DS and the Happy Home Network worked, so I assume there just isn't a message that will tell me I'm accessing it from the wrong 3DS. I looked and couldn't find any way to disable HHN so I could set it up on the other 3DS. My projects aren't even there now (possibly due to not playing for a few months), so there is no point for me to have to use my old 3DS. Is there anything I can do? Am I stuck with the Happy Home Network only working on my old 3DS?

Doing a system transfer would help. Your game isn't in sync with your new console. I had this issue with New Leaf.

Last edited:
Doing a system transfer would help.

I can't do a System Transfer. I have things on both 3DSs, plus when I got my new 3DS, I found out having multiple SD Cards for the old one made it be too much trouble to do a transfer. I need to somehow get a 3DS that uses normal sized SD cards so I can transfer my old 3DS's data and stop worrying so much about it. I'm just not sure how to get my parents to buy a third 3DS.

I can't do a System Transfer. I have things on both 3DSs, plus when I got my new 3DS, I found out having multiple SD Cards for the old one made it be too much trouble to do a transfer. I need to somehow get a 3DS that uses normal sized SD cards so I can transfer my old 3DS's data and stop worrying so much about it. I'm just not sure how to get my parents to buy a third 3DS.

Your best bet would to be selling your New 3DS and get a 2DS, which isn't as expensive as the other 3DSs.

Good luck!

Your best bet would to be selling your New 3DS and get a 2DS, which isn't as expensive as the other 3DSs.

Good luck!

I don't want to sell my new 3DS and I don;t really want a 2DS.

So... I looked through Google and some people are actually saying the game made them have to turn on parental controls so they could use the HHN, while some people are saying the game never did that to them. None of these cases are about playing the game on a different 3DS. Now I'm wondering if I should actually turn on the parental controls. Will I be able to turn them back off if I do so?

Edit: Problem solved! I actually had to set up parental controls to turn off a setting that was on by default. I can use the Happy Home Network on the new 3DS now.

Last edited:
I don't want to sell my new 3DS and I don;t really want a 2DS.

So... I looked through Google and some people are actually saying the game made them have to turn on parental controls so they could use the HHN, while some people are saying the game never did that to them. None of these cases are about playing the game on a different 3DS. Now I'm wondering if I should actually turn on the parental controls. Will I be able to turn them back off if I do so?

Edit: Problem solved! I actually had to set up parental controls to turn off a setting that was on by default. I can use the Happy Home Network on the new 3DS now.

Yes, turn them on, and in fact, set them, and tell it what you want downloaded/done on the system. You don't need to sell your New 3DS and downgrade to the 2DS who has no built-in functions the New has, and you don't need to do a system transfer. Just go to your settings, turn on the parental stuff, and play.

Back