• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What to do now?

batterswing

Baseball Mayor
Bells
Red Tulip
Well, I nearly finished my top floor of my house, complete with expansion. And I'm excited about that, because it came out even better than I imagined, thanks to my friend in real life and some of the people on the forums. But since I was so focused on that and was using that as a money sink, I'm now left with the question: What next?

I could try landscaping my town, but since there are some villagers I still want to leave that's a bit dangerous. I could put up public works projects, but there are trees everywhere and I don't want to cut them all down until I get started on landscaping since I have a terrible memory and can't remember what's fruit and what's not. Though I suppose that could be solved by not harvesting fruit until I put up the project. I could also start on my basement, which I have no ideas for. Of course, that's how it started with my upstairs.

Do any of you have any opinions to sway me either way? Or do you have similar experiences?

Congrats on your nice, completed top floor!

Hmm...this might not be your thing, but what I do when I am at a loss for a project (or if I'm between landscaping projects) is work on patterns. Right now in my main town, I've been working on improving the town flag, which hadn't changed since 2014. I'm also making all-new paths, greatly improving the standee that features my town's motto, and will probably design a few new custom design signs. Oh, and I decided that the cabana furniture in my bedroom was too plain, so I'll be making a bedspread design.

If you don't enjoy making patterns, this isn't helpful advice, haha. But it's something that can be done to customize and improve your town's appearance, without requiring intense landscaping or having all dreamies in place. :)

I'm in the same boat. I finished 4 rooms in my mayors house. I have two left, but I just don't know what to do with them yet. That kind of leaves me with nothing much to do because I won't landscape until I get certain villagers out and the ones I want in. I'm thinking I'll work on my museum, and catch bugs and fish until I come up with some room ideas.

Congrats on finishing your upstairs. Do you have a dream address? I would love to see it.

You could do the tiring villager reset trick! Getting more pwps, gathering up more landscaping resources, try get the golden tolls if you can, complete the museum, complete the encyclopaedia, get all your badges, many fun things to do lmao

Since you're into landscaping, have you considered gardening? Not only do flower gardens make your town look prettier, they also boost your overall town score.

What interests you the most? If you like designing rooms, then get started on the basement. If you don't have any ideas, maybe base it off of something you enjoy/the theme your other rooms have?

If you wanna landscape, then start in the areas that don't have unwanted villagers. You can just do simple landscaping until you have all unwanted villagers out, and then you're free to do whatever you want.

Just do whatever interests you, and go from there.

Well, thank you, everyone. It's pretty interesting seeing what everyone likes to do, and I think I know what I might just work on. Mostly thanks to Athelwyn, I'm going to see if I can make some decent paths. But, at least I have a plan of order now.

DESIGN CLOTHES FOR UR VILLAGERS and display them at ables so they dont wear the ugly default patterns. you could make seasonal clothes too! i do it all the time im making spooky halloween sweaters right now to prepare for fall.

Back