• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Arguments online.

moonford

moon boi
Bells
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
Have you ever been in one?

Me? Maybe....:rolleyes:

I'd laugh if this turned into a flame war somehow.

I try not to get involved. I'll share my opinions but if someone tries to argue with me about it I usually don't respond. No one on the internet is going to change my mind on certain subjects so there's no point.

Yes I have lol, mostly in the past when I was younger, but now when stuff like that happens I try my best to avoid it. I guess sometimes I can be pretty outspoken on certain issues and, when I feel like someone has an ignorant mindset I try to reply to them in a way that is mature but also expresses how I disagree with them. So I always try to be constructive. I don't actually mind debating, I enjoy it, but sometimes I feel like doing that with people on the internet is a waste of time. You can't always change someone's mind.

yup, and everytime i wind up feeling all anxious and jittery

i don't handle arguments well

Yess so many times

Normally it's just me getting shouted at by older members .-.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The three biggest ones I can think of are.....the time I made a (bad) joke about a dead cat and people who eat meat told me I was a psychopath....aaand when me and visibleghost spent 30 pages calling each other weeaboos... Oh, said I wanted my sexuality to be different, and everyone got pissed at me xD

A lot. While a couple of them were my fault, majority of them were because the person on the other end was acting immature.
It's a bad habit of mine to always get involved in arguments. Even if it doesn't involve me I'll often sit back and point out each side's argument flaws, which often results in me being dragged into the situation. I can't help it.

I used to get into online arguments almost constantly, it used to seem extremely funny to me (and looking back I was frequently wrong about the things I was arguing about) but I mostly can't be bothered anymore; people really have to work at it if they want to get me into an online argument these days.

When playing clash of clans, I used to be easily trolled. I basically used to argue at all the sexually driven or stupid guys xD.
Now I just roll my eyes at anyone who tries to start online, and walk away.

hasn't everyone gotten into an argument over the internet? unless their definition of argument is different lol. i'm actually kind of in one right now?? though it's not like on a forum so it's staggered. tbh i don't start **** unless i'm super confident in what i'm talking about so unless the other party is really shameless and keeps bringing up illogical points i'll keep going

Hmm not so much, I just make a comment and leave it at that I usually don't even check it afterwards xD
Sometimes I stay as the loser in the argument because meh make it end faster instead of dragging it on and I guess the friendship or relationship means more than winning an argument sometimes, depending on who it is ahahah

Lol somewhat. I usually get block tho so I could never finish without the other party getting in their feelings.

Back