• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

ACNL joins to the Nintendo Selects brand for $19.99 in America

JCnator

Bells
Switch
4227-4179-8894
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Poptart Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Cake
Nintendo of America has officially announced that Animal Crossing: New Leaf will join to the Nintendo Selects brand on August 26th 2016. Its price will be permanently dropping to $19.99 USD ($29.99 CAD).

If for some reason, you were on fence getting the latest mainline instalment, perhaps this price drop will have you reconsider purchasing it.

About time! It's been the same price for too long.

Eventually this will reach the PAL region.

But I already have 2 copies of New Leaf.

Last edited:
cool...I'm not American though, and besides, already have 3 copies lmao

Well this is good news! I hope I can hold out on buying my third copy until the lower price is passed along to Australia. Then I can spend the "savings" on more amiibo cards with a clear conscious lol.

:D

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? -rage below-

I JUST BOUGHT A COPY OF NEW LEAF AND I HAD SPENT ALMOST ALL OF MY IN-STORE CREDIT ON IT AND NOW I FIND OUT THAT IT'S GOING TO BE 15 DOLLARS LESS??? I SWEAR TO GOD I AM GOING TO KILL NINTENDO FOR THIS. ALSO, THEY ARE MAKING US WAIT FOR AMIIBO SUPPORT!!!!!!!!

-rage end-

Yay! My little cousin wants to play on her brother's 3DS after this weekend (I put her to work catching bugs for me...).

Figures they would drop it AFTER buying three copies.

But I may buy a fourth now...

Yes, I have a problem.

Thanks for this :) I might consider grabbing a second copy, I have one myself and bought my little brother one (on eBay)

This will hopefully mean the used games on eBay will be dropping into the $10 range!

Last edited:
I'm tempted to get another myself. I can finally leave my Memoria town behind and start down the road to Solstice.

I'm Canadian so that's still pretty pricey but I probably will make more towns in the future so that's good at least, and it makes it more accessible to players with less money.

At first I thought this meant the original Gamecube game, and I was surprised that they were even selling brand new copies of that still since the Gamecube is so old, but I guess they aren't haha, I'll have to find that secondhand.

I was wondering about that. About a month ago I noticed that Animal Crossing New Leaf had gone on clearance in all stores here in Canada. It made me wonder if Nintendo was phasing out all physical copies or if it just was being repackaged later on.

finally!
Hopefully soon available to europe!
Im considering getting a third copy. After searching for another on the dutch equivalent of Ebay. but all still in the price range of 25€.. i think thats much money for an 2nd hand!

Back