• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite Video Game Quotes?

"I bet she doesn't even have ten fingers" Touhou
Anything Godot says
"[REMOVED TO CONFORM WITH LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL CENSORSHIP LAWS]" Daganronpa

Femshep: "There's a reaper in my way, Wrex!" (x) The delivery always makes me bust out laughing.

In terms of actual meaning and sentimentality and all that jazz, Kairi's letter from KH2.

And then there's also Ezio's letter from AC Recollection. [cries for 82 years]

Last edited:
I love all of the NPC quotes on Skyrim, especially as a khajiit because they things like "You'll make a fine rug, cat!" or "you remind me of my cousin's cat" like what the hell, trying to kill someone and saying that? So great, not to mention the guards teasing you about a stolen sweet roll and saying they used to be an adventurer before taking an arrow to the knee.

“Despair into tomorrow! Despair into your memories! Despair into nothingness!”
Junko is my favourite and least favourite character in DanganRonpa :/

I like all the syndacit quotes from Warframe, but this one especially "You are a fire. As feared as you are respected" The syndacit Red Veil says this, and it fits so dang perfectly...

"How do you want them to grow up to be?"
"To be kind, just like you."
"Oh. I was just going to say..."
"... to be kind just like YOU."

MOTHER 3/Earthbound 2 kills me every time with feels. Those lines always got to me for some reason.

"Laws aren't changeless, holy words. Every country in the world has their own. It's just somebody with a lot of power applying their own will. It depends on the person whether they'll serve someone else blindly, or apply their own will."

"The guy who wants too much risks losing absolutely everything. Of course, the guy who wants too little from life, might not get anything at all."

-Thomas Angelo (Mafia: The city of Lost Heaven)

Last edited:
Some silly quotes:

"I feel like some apple pie!" ~Kirby, Kirby's Avalanche

"Hi there, young one!" ~Yi Lu, THE DOG Island

"HEY you fight like a girl!!" ~Soldier, TF2

"What!? He's not here!?" ~Snips, The Legendary Starfy

Not exactly a video game, but I'm reading a comic that accompanies Portal 2, and there are a lot of good quotes in it.

"You're not a hero. Heroes die."

"You're right. Walking [away] is too slow. Run away."

"I'd ask you to think outside the box on this, but it's obvious your box is broken. And has schizophrenia."

This,

WVW69jr-QtEfuPn3yI.jpg

"careful, love. prices aren't the only things i cut in half" -anna from fire emblem awakening

Honestly FE Awakening and Fates both have really memorable quotes, Awakening because some of them are just completely random and come out of nowhere. ("The books will understand." "I WANT TO BE MANHANDLED!" "Well now we've both seen each other naked".) and Fates' crit quotes are hilarious and half of the reason is because of how terrible the voice acting is. (Hayato staring down the enemy before giving a super bratty and sarcastic "goodbye" or Felicia's "You're just a stain!")

I've been playing Overwatch completely in French lately and I still can't get over Lucio saying "GROOVY BABY!" It's so... it... why is it even there?

Color Splash also gave some good meme material, but the 1 quote that made me stare at it for a while was "Bahaha! Check it out--I'm gonna splat you with your own paint. How's that for irony? Yeah, I know what irony is. BOOM. Knowledge is power, so I started going to night school." Wut.

The Bravely games have some hilarious dialogue but most of it involves knowing the entire conversation and I can't remember any of it word for word. But go play the games pls.

In Hyrule Warriors, 1 of Toon Zelda's quotes after killing 500 enemies is "It's hardly enough to satisfy!" (or something like that.) Princess Zelda, but as a cute chibi. And she has an intense bloodlust. Coo.

I've played a ton of weird games so I'm probably forgetting some other greatly depressing quotes.

WAIT A SECOND I FORGOT THE BEST AWAKENING QUOTE:
Screenshot_2015-04-23-20-55-53.jpg
Inigo is unarguably the best husbando in the game, Chrom is way too boring and bland and offers nothing special.

Last edited:
"Mister, I don't think I like your attitude..."

"Your precious sandwich won't save you NOW, fatty!! :D"

"I lost because I ate too much pizza..."

"Oh, and I forgot to introduce myself. I'm a mysterious old man."

"That's all we need to do, see?"

"How big do the creatures down here get!?"

Try to guess which games these come from. The last two should provide some challenge.

Back