White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Tasty Cake
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Red Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
I absolutely do not want to reset my first town for any reason, I'm far too attached to my villagers, unlocked a ton of stuff/made a fair amount of badge progress, and like the things I've done with my house, but I've suddenly become interested in making it more heavily space themed. Does anyone who started a theme waaay after actually starting the town have any advice?

Well, I generally create my towns just for a specific theme, but I'd say most people on this forum do go for themes after creating their town, so I think you should be fine. You should be able to create a fine looking town just by trying to work around the slight limitations your permanent villagers and such give you, and besides even if you reset you'd still have to deal with the limitations of rivers and stones etc etc, since no map is entirely perfect.

However I think you should still know that resetting something isn't necessarily a bad thing, since perhaps you can do things a bit better and a bit more efficiently on your second go. Not saying that you should reset, but you can always consider it an option.

I would start by looking for suitable paths and to test run some until you find one you like. I would place paths starting from your house to get a feel for them. I would also start thinking of which PWPs you'd like to use. Since you're going for a space theme, I think any of the modern PWPs are a good start and perhaps the smug villager PWPs. Maybe also start building up hybrids of blue, purple, and black to get that space feel?

It all depends on what you want to do. Good luck! :)

When I first started my game I had no theme in mind but once I got into it more I made it have a zen theme, I made it just like the movie Laputa it was really nice but I hated that theme after awhile so I deleted every character (not my mayor) and I redid my paths and flowers and made it into a fairy-tale type of town. I think there is no need to reset your town, my advice would be to put all of your flowers down on the beach and I would get rid of the pwps that don't match your theme and I would start to plan where to put your more spaced themed pwps. I would also start to look for space themed paths that way you can lay them down before you start to place your pwps. I would also start to change up the exteriors of your characters houses if you want too, I would also suggest you look for outfits for your characters as well. There are many ways to change the theme in a town, it just depends on how you want to go about it. I wish you the luck with changing your theme. :blush:

Of course you can go for a town theme after creating it! Your town is yours :)

As for suggestions, all of the above are great ideas, and I'll recommend some villagers that could fit the space theme.

-Octavian: His house is space themed, he could be like an alien octopus thingy.
-Ruby: Not only her house is space themed, but she's basically the lunar rabbit.
-Julian: A celestial unicorn, of course.
-Soleil: A solar hamster, could be the counterpart to Ruby.
-Ribbot: a space robot frog? Yes!
-Static: He could be some sort of plasma or electric squirrel?
-Coco: She could be an alien or some kind of asteroid related to gyroids
-Mira: She's based off Sailor Venus so she's kind of an astro rabbit
-Boomer: An interstellar penguin pilot?
-Astrid: She has stars all over her body
-Skye: The sky wolf, maybe could work

There's probably a couple more, but those are all who came to mind :)

Good luck with your town!

Me :p I didn't have any sort of theme until this year, and I've had my town for two and a half years. My theme is Frederator Studios, so my town is named after the first episode of Bravest Warriors (which was a coincidence, it just happened to play into what I decided to make my theme), my flag is Catbug from Bravest Warriors, and I make all of my villagers greetings and catch phrases relate to Bravest Warriors, Bee and Puppycat or Adventure Time :3

Just slowly grow towards that theme even if it's a slow transition. Just start adding space things and it'll happen with patience. Don't reset as it sounds like you're not interested in that. I started 2 themes so it is possible.

You don't have to reset your town if you want only to start a new theme ! Don't worry. ;) Like someone has already said, you should put all your flowers on the beach, and then just start to work. It may be a long thing, but you will love your town when it will be finished. You could also reset, but I think you will be more satisfied if you don't reset. Good luck ! ^^

Last edited:
You haven't got to reset :) I'm currently working on a new theme and have no intention of starting from scratch.
Anything can be worked out, chnging villagers and pwps, getting new landscaping items or changing your house interior/exterior.
I'm doing a fairytale/toy town now. I won't get rid of any villagers to do it though, off let anybody go now it will be for different reasons. I do tt do it's a bit faster for me to get the big jobs done. It's time consuming but not as much so as restarting
Good luck :)

I restarted my town more than 2 years after starting the original game and made it a Harry Potter themed town. It took a while and some thought as to what furniture to use, etc. and I had three houses to decorate. I changed all my flowers to black, changed the paths, and it all turned out great. I think you should go for it. Just realize it may take some time to get it just how you want it.

Back