• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

death penalty

imo, you are never allowed to not give a human human rights. people should always have their rights, no matter what thry have done. no matter how awful, disgusting and ****ed up they are they are still human and still deserve human rights.

But why? Why does someone that has completely disregarded the value of someone else's life, deserve to be valued and protected in return?

I agree with it - sometimes you just can't let them live for what they've done. Some of them have no problem taking other people's lives so why would I care if they get theirs taken away. I just remember hearing about one case where some sick man raped a toddler...yeesh. If they truly regret their actions then let them live so that they can suffer from that.

There is no right answer so its kind of pointless to argue about whether it should be abolished or not.
Also, if they're born psychopaths who enjoy killing and feel no remorse what do we do with them?

Last edited:
But why? Why does someone that has completely disregarded the value of someone else's life, deserve to be valued and protected in return?

No one is saying the the said person should not be punished for his crime. We are saying that no one has the right to take another's life. There are other forms of punishments you know. Just because the criminal killed another person does not make it ok for people to give him the death penalty.

Last edited:

why do you get to take away that person's rights then? because they took away someone elses rights? Please. that's not a way to solve stuff, and not a way governments should act. if you think a thing someone does is wrong you don't give them a taste of their own medicine, you should instead be The Bigger Person and not do the same thing. especially when it comes to life and death situations and with human rights

why do you get to take away that person's rights then? because they took away someone elses rights? Please. that's not a way to solve stuff, and not a way governments should act. if you think a thing someone does is wrong you don't give them a taste of their own medicine, you should instead be The Bigger Person and not do the same thing. especially when it comes to life and death situations and with human rights

Honestly, people who are for death punishment are just like small children who want revenge. "OWW HE HIT ME SO ITS OK FOR ME TO HIT HIM BACK!!" hell no. That won't solve anything! It is a crime that the said person killed someone BUT it is as much of a crime to deal capital punishment.

But people that do something like rape an innocent child that has no possible way of defending themselves should absolutely die. Their life has no value at that point, and they no longer deserve the right to live and be happy like the people that don't commit the most vile kinds of crimes.
Not to be rude, but this part makes you come off as very vengeful.

Honestly a lot of you are putting a lot of emotions into this, you guys are oversimplifying things with your emotions.

I agree with it - sometimes you just can't let them live for what they've done. Some of them have no problem taking other people's lives so why would I care if they get theirs taken away. I just remember hearing about one case where some sick man raped a toddler...yeesh. If they truly regret their actions then let them live so that they can suffer from that.

There is no right answer so its kind of pointless to argue about whether it should be abolished or not.
Also, if they're born psychopaths who enjoy killing and feel no remorse what do we do with them?

i mean ... a person's value isn't about how much regret, empathy and stuff like that someone feels? i'm pretty sure that if you show that you rly regret your actions you might get a shorter sentence but i'm not sure..??

but it's still the same crime, it doesn't matter that much if the person regrets it or not. they still killed another human. there's no law against not feeling remorse ... so why do you want to kill off those ppl
also ... just saying but autistic ppl and ppl w/ similar difficulties wouldnt be very well off if u got desth penalty bc u didnt regret stuff Well Enough ... like, regretting something and feeling empathy (especially im the way most ppl thikk u should show it) isnt what should decide if you should live or die but idk ..

Honestly, people who are for death punishment are just like small children who want revenge. "OWW HE HIT ME SO ITS OK FOR ME TO HIT HIM BACK!!" hell no. That won't solve anything! It is a crime that the said person killed someone BUT it is as much of a crime to deal capital punishment.

I mean I see where you're trying to come from but comparing rape or mass murder to hitting someone is a bit of a stretch.
As for "the death penalty doesn't solve anything", it prevents the person from offending again so.

I mean I see where you're trying to come from but comparing rape or mass murder to hitting someone is a bit of a stretch.
As for "the death penalty doesn't solve anything", it prevents the person from offending again so.

so does a life in prison sentence... but w/o killing anyone..

I just have to say that justifying things with "rights" and "wrongs" is subjective. Everyone has different ways of dealing with things - no need to say "your acting like a child" or "you should be the bigger person". Sure its good to be the bigger person but who honestly cares? I have a blurred line between morals and I'm not saying anyones wrong really.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Now, this is just a wild idea but maybe put them in prison for life?

but this leads to overcrowding so they might push out those with less severe crimes - who may commit them again

but this leads to overcrowding so they might push out those with less severe crimes - who may commit them again

So instead of attempting to fix prison and rehabilitation issues we should just kill people, nice.

So does rehabilitation. Most of the time.

But wasn't what Azure just said an analogy and not a direct comparison? Because if it is considered an analogy, it is a bit illogical of you to denounce it by saying the two things are too different in severity.

I just have to say that justifying things with "rights" and "wrongs" is subjective. Everyone has different ways of dealing with things - no need to say "your acting like a child" or "you should be the bigger person". Sure its good to be the bigger person but who honestly cares? I have a blurred line between morals and I'm not saying anyones wrong really.

- - - Post Merge - - -

well, in the case i meant it was the actual government who should be the bigger "person". lol, idk but ??? governments shouldn't act like a 3 year old in a fight imo

and w/ the overcrowding issue, yes that's true. but more prisons and also not releasing people who are serving a life time sentence or are seen as risks..

I get what you're saying, but wouldn't it be easier to just stick them in lifetime jail? I don't really see why we have to kill them.

I'm all for the death penalty. The worst and most dangerous people in our society shouldn't be allowed to keep living, as they'll only continue to cause problems and hurt the people that actually obey laws and give a **** about others. I don't think that a mother that drowns her 3 children in the bathtub should get to live the remainder of her (probably pretty long) life in a prison cell where she'll get to watch daytime tv and eat 3 meals a day. I also don't think pedophiles that permanently traumatize kids for the rest of their entire lives should get to continue living to potentially do that to more kids. People put vicious dogs to sleep; why not vicious (way more dangerous and way more intelligent) people?

At least someone agrees with me. I would actually be for expansion of it as well, but only to some extent. Not only it should apply to many cases of murder, but also to some cases of child abuse and animal cruelty. Unintentional neglect is inexusable, but that should only result in pets and kids being taken away and put up for adoption. Drug-induced abuse towards children and animals - jail time. Alcohol-induced abuse towards children and animals - jail time. Mental illness-induced abuse towards children and animals - rehabiliation time. Hate-induced abuse towards children and animals - that would warrant the death penalty, but it depends on the type of abuse. Physical abuse and sexual abuse out of hatred, extremely strict rules, and/or the parents/pet owners knew it was wrong to do it but still did it, I would be for the death penalty, even if the child and/or pets survive. Emotional abuse or neglect - jail time.

I know two wrongs don't make a right, but cruel and heinous people don't deserve the right to life.

Now if it's to punish those who killed others on accident, thieves, rapists, or assailants of other kind, the death penalty would be too much. Even life without parole, life with parole, or 50-year sentences would be too much.

I get what you're saying, but wouldn't it be easier to just stick them in lifetime jail? I don't really see why we have to kill them.

Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not sure but aren't we essentially paying to keep them alive? I dont see any point in it to have them grow old and die in jail

Back