• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

death penalty

I've never understood why people think it's okay for rapists to get the death penalty. I mean, rape is absolutely traumatizing and horrid to go through, but generally the person can live afterwards and may eventually get over it through therapy. If it's okay to kill people who cause massive trauma on others, then shouldn't people who, for an example, heavily bully others be put to death as well? Since bullying can cause quite a lot of trauma if it's done severely.

as a personal opinion i would want ppl who sexually abuse others to die. but !!! i understand that it's not okay to kill people and i value human rights. and my personal hatred for certain people should not be something that should make it ok for me to kill them. punishments have to be based on facts and stuff like that, not "i personally hate sex offendeds and think they are gross and very immoral so kill them all"
obviously not saying you wrote that asjfdksodofl im just. tired.

Honestly I think those people deserve it. Sure I wouldn't do it but if someone else did I wouldn't be upset about it. Idk what you mean with "punishments have to be based on facts and stuff like that" if the fact is someone raped someone and scarred them for the rest of their life?

On the other hand there is a plethora of fates that are worse than death and some people say rotting in jail for the rest of your life is worse so

?\_(ツ)_/?

Nah. It costs more to go through with the death penalty because of several legal actions. Not only that, but the jury and other people involved have to suffer with the thought of whether or not they chose to put someone up for death even though they had absolutely nothing to do with it in the first place. It also takes several years (about 10-20 or so) to process everything from sentencing to execution. It's a waste of time saying "Oh you're being put up for death penalty." and then sixteen years of paperwork, time, and money later saying "JK! Nevermind. It's just life imprisonment." if the jury decides not to execute them. Do some people deserve it? Yes. Is it worth it for everyone? Probably not.

Last edited:
I believe if you kill someone that you should die. Simple as that. Also you die the same way you killed someone.

Honestly I think those people deserve it. Sure I wouldn't do it but if someone else did I wouldn't be upset about it. Idk what you mean with "punishments have to be based on facts and stuff like that" if the fact is someone raped someone and scarred them for the rest of their life?

On the other hand there is a plethora of fates that are worse than death and some people say rotting in jail for the rest of your life is worse so

?\_(ツ)_/?
w the facts thing i meant, like. im not v knowlegeable about how ppl do law stuff, but basically they can't say "hey u all knlw rape is rly bad !! so they should get a longer sentence!!". they have to have specific facts n stuff and not opinions. obviously stuff like traumatizing is a part of it, but when law ppl do the law stuff their personal opinions shouldnt be a part of it. aaaaand in my opinion death sentence is a thing that could be impacted by personal opinions of lawyers and those ppl.

and if we're gonna kill everyone eho traumatizes ppl .... Wel. l l l.... let's start w 10 yr old bullies?

I believe if you kill someone that you should die. Simple as that. Also you die the same way you killed someone.

this just sounds like someone who hits someone i the face because they punched them in the face first. doesnt solve **** and is only a petty way of getting revenge. w/ lives it's more srs lol

So the people dealing the capital punishment should also die? That's twice the death. I see what you're saying, but the logic you're using makes no sense.

Depends on what they did. If they murdered/raped several people with no cause, I say the death penalty is A-OK. If just one person or so, throw them in prison for however many years. If they had the kill the person in self-defense, give them little to no charge. Now you might have to go more into detail depending on the situation, but thats my view on it

Last edited:
So the people dealing the capital punishment should also die? That's twice the death. I see what you're saying, but the logic you're using makes no sense.

and then the people killing the people who killed the killer have to be killed.

this just sounds like someone who hits someone i the face because they punched them in the face first. doesnt solve **** and is only a petty way of getting revenge. w/ lives it's more srs lol

If you cut someone's life short your life should be too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok obviously the person killing the killers won't be punished.

w the facts thing i meant, like. im not v knowlegeable about how ppl do law stuff, but basically they can't say "hey u all knlw rape is rly bad !! so they should get a longer sentence!!". they have to have specific facts n stuff and not opinions. obviously stuff like traumatizing is a part of it, but when law ppl do the law stuff their personal opinions shouldnt be a part of it. aaaaand in my opinion death sentence is a thing that could be impacted by personal opinions of lawyers and those ppl.

and if we're gonna kill everyone eho traumatizes ppl .... Wel. l l l.... let's start w 10 yr old bullies?

I don't really get what you're trying to say but bolded is why I'm on the fence about it since it can easily be manipulated like I said, and things like racism will likely play a part in who gets death sentenced and who gets a mere 2 years in jail.

Obviously children shouldn't be put to death since they have a huge amount of time to learn from their mistakes.

I don't really get what you're trying to say but bolded is why I'm on the fence about it since it can easily be manipulated like I said, and things like racism will likely play a part in who gets death sentenced and who gets a mere 2 years in jail.

Obviously children shouldn't be put to death since they have a huge amount of time to learn from their mistakes.
sorry that i'm not making a lot o sense i know i'm a bit ?????????? i'll try to word stuff better but my mind is a mess and stuff so u hh

but basically i was just explaining what u bolded in my last post.

but the number one reason to why i think desth penalty is bad is because it is immoral to kill people. locking them up for life might not be very nice, idk, but killing people isn't okay and the law (who is there to protect people) shouldn't be used to kill anyone

If you cut someone's life short your life should be too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok obviously the person killing the killers won't be punished.

maybe ppl can grow and learn from past mistakes? maybe people still have a right to you know, a life? mmmaybe they aren't even guilty. (obviously it's bad if u put someone innocent in prison, but it's kinda worse if u kill them ....)
and if we want to give a medsage of "killing is bad" we shouldn't kill killers. that doesn't make a lot of sense imo.

sorry that i'm not making a lot o sense i know i'm a bit ?????????? i'll try to word stuff better but my mind is a mess and stuff so u hh

but basically i was just explaining what u bolded in my last post.

but the number one reason to why i think desth penalty is bad is because it is immoral to kill people. locking them up for life might not be very nice, idk, but killing people isn't okay and the law (who is there to protect people) shouldn't be used to kill anyone

IT'S OK I can't read for crap either it's probably both of us

But yeah I understand your reasoning I just don't think certain people deserve to live after what they've done.

there are plenty of people wo traumatize kids. should all of them who do it illegally get sentenced to desth? why would that be better. the kid wouldnt be less suffering. you would only get a feeling of having gotten revenge when all you did was kill a person who had commited a crime, a crime that probably could have been stopped if stuff had been right. (not saying it's not on the individual who commits the crime, but the system has to support ppl and help them.)

no matter what a person does the system has to work for them and for society to be a better place. no matter what people feel they "deserve" - the law and human rights guidelines have to be followed when it comes to punishment. not treating people with human rights isn't okay, ever. if you think that it is alright then i think you need to get your view of reality fixed

I don't think every bad parent out there should be sentenced to death, if that's what you're asking. But people that do something like rape an innocent child that has no possible way of defending themselves should absolutely die. Their life has no value at that point, and they no longer deserve the right to live and be happy like the people that don't commit the most vile kinds of crimes.

Let me just make clear the fact that I don't take the death penalty lightly. It's not something I think should be applied to every crime, or act of negligence (or even close to that). But again, the worst of the worst don't deserve the same rights as the people that have no desire to harm others.

Do you really think that people like Michelle Angela Blair, the mother that killed her two children, stuffed them in a freezer, then hid it for two years so she could keep getting child support, deserves the same rights as me or you? I don't, and I don't understand how anyone would.

I don't think every bad parent out there should be sentenced to death, if that's what you're asking. But people that do something like rape an innocent child that has no possible way of defending themselves should absolutely die. Their life has no value at that point, and they no longer deserve the right to live and be happy like the people that don't commit the most vile kinds of crimes.

Let me just make clear the fact that I don't take the death penalty lightly. It's not something I think should be applied to every crime, or act of negligence (or even close to that). But again, the worst of the worst don't deserve the same rights as the people that have no desire to harm others.

Do you really think that people like Michelle Angela Blair, the mother that killed her two children, stuffed them in a freezer, then hid it for two years so she could keep getting child support, deserves the same rights as me or you? I don't, and I don't understand how anyone would.

imo, you are never allowed to not give a human human rights. people should always have their rights, no matter what thry have done. no matter how awful, disgusting and ****ed up they are they are still human and still deserve human rights.

I don't think a rapist should get death penalty... at the end taking a life is worse than traumatizing one since the latter can be recovered...

Back