• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

death penalty

visibleghost

ʕ •̀ o •́ ʔ
Bells
Hot Feather
Fresh Feather
Cool Feather
Glam Feather
Sweet Feather
Star Glow Wand
Heart Glow Wand
Star Glow Wand
June Birthstone (Pearl)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
sso this was kinda discussed a little in another thread But i thpught it was kinda off topic so i decided to make a seperate thread for it.

what do you think about it? do you think people can deserve to die? and should the government be able to sentence someone to death if they are found guilty of a crime? why/why not?

im gonna write a longer thing later, but i'm against capital punishment. a few issues i have w it is that if someone is found guilty even though they are innocent, there's no going back. and in my opinion it's immoral to kill people. annnndddd imo it's a bit uH not Great to have the government choose like that who lives and who dies but ye

I disagree with the death penalty.

But sometimes things get blurry. If you agree to citizenship to a government that has a death penalty, then in some ways you consent to its laws. The death penalty is immoral, but it may not be unjustified within the created system of "justice."

I haven't fully thought this out.

Oh mama more drama

I don't think that death penalty is ok. Before resorting to death penalty you should try to help the person and educate them properly. More killing won't help solve anything, you're just showing a killer that killing is still ok. Lifetime jail should be used instead. Death penalty should only be used if absolutely needed and definitely not over petty things. No one should have the right to take a life. Not the killer or the people dealing the capital punishment.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't know, but I'd say that I'm for it in certain circumstances. It depends on the level of the crime. For example, if it was a murder (especially a mass one), I would probably be for it, but anything less than that, no.

I personally believe if you take a life yours should also be taken.

Even in a self defense case where you had no other choice? What if it was a complete freak accident?

As for the death penalty, yes I believe some people certainly do deserve it for extreme cases where jail would be too good for them.

I see no issue with the death penalty. If someone is a murderer or a rapist then they deserve death. They're scum.

Even in a self defense case where you had no other choice? What if it was a complete freak accident?

As for the death penalty, yes I believe some people certainly do deserve it for extreme cases where jail would be too good for them.

Changed my mind, on the situation.

Last edited:
I don't agree with it.

In my personal opinion, I feel like if you commit a crime (example: murder), I feel you should be forced to live with that. Live with possible guilt, live with every decision and thought that brought you to murder someone, live with knowing what you've done.

Idk if that makes sense

I'm against the death penalty, I believe killing is morally wrong. Also, there's many problems with the death penalty, people being falsely convicted and sentenced to death (I'm on mobile, so I can't post links for proof easily, but examples can be found wih a quick google search), it going wrong and people being in an intense amount of pain for hours. It's all completley immoral, regardless of what the criminal has done. The belief that someone should hold the power to decide when it's legal to kill someone is so messed up. There's more than that to it though, and it is an interesting and complicated topic.

For the people saying sometimes/certian circumstances, when? It shouldn't be a humans place to decide when it's okay to take someone's life as punishment, I find it slightly scary that people believe that's acceptable, god complex much.

Last edited:
I'm all for the death penalty. The worst and most dangerous people in our society shouldn't be allowed to keep living, as they'll only continue to cause problems and hurt the people that actually obey laws and give a **** about others. I don't think that a mother that drowns her 3 children in the bathtub should get to live the remainder of her (probably pretty long) life in a prison cell where she'll get to watch daytime tv and eat 3 meals a day. I also don't think pedophiles that permanently traumatize kids for the rest of their entire lives should get to continue living to potentially do that to more kids. People put vicious dogs to sleep; why not vicious (way more dangerous and way more intelligent) people?

Last edited:
I'm against the death penalty, I believe killing is morally wrong. Also, there's many problems with the death penalty, people being falsely convicted and sentenced to death (I'm on mobile, so I can't post links for proof easily, but examples can be found wih a quick google search), it going wrong and people being in an intense amount of pain for hours. It's all completley immoral, regardless of what the criminal has done. The belief that someone should hold the power to decide when it's legal to kill someone is so messed up. There's more than that to it though, and it is an interesting and complicated topic.

For the people saying sometimes/certian circumstances, when? It shouldn't be a humans place to decide when it's okay to take someone's life as punishment, I find it slightly scary that people believe that's acceptable, god complex much.
i agree w u completely, especially the last paragraph.

people who say "well, in the worst cases it's ok", what cases are the worst? are you going to look at how the media portrays someone and say "that person deserves to die, that one doesn't". like ??? okay but ... why. people who have commited crimes are still people, and deserve to be treated with human rights. their punishment is prison, as it should be.
other people deciding who shall live and who shall not isn't cool, both when it comes to death penalty and murder.

100% against it. I don't think people should have the right to decide over the lives of others, even if they have committed vile crimes. Like I said in the other thread, I'd rather they be kept in isolation so they can think over their actions.
I also believe rehabilitation is always an option, it's even something that's often forced upon a lot of criminals over here in the Netherlands. There's only been a handful people in the last two decades that were not able to be rehabilitated. For those cases, sentences are adjusted in order to keep such individuals out of society.

I disagree with the death penalty. I consider it a bit too hard to be able to perfectly pull off a justifiable death penalty.

Each criminal case is different, and deciding who dies and who doesn't would be tough and people would generally have different opinions on it. Should the crazy mother who drowned her 3 kids be sentenced to death if the crime might have been caused by drugs or stress, or a mental illness? Should the rapist be sentenced to death even though him raping was largely caused by his family teaching him bad morals? There's always so much **** in the background of a crime, that taking all of it into account would be a really long, and morally impossible, process. It would be impossible to just draw a solid line somewhere.

I also believe that rehabilitation is very possible for many cases. For an example, it's possible to help someone with a warped sense of reality, or someone with a drug issue, or a mental illness, to be more normal. Rehabilitation also seems to be working rather well for countries that fully use it, considering that the amount of repeat offenders is low.

Not just that, but a death penalty would just cause more hate. Many families love their children, even if they end up committing a crime, and some would go as far as to swear revenge for having their child killed off. And the likelihood of killing someone innocent is too risky. The death of an innocent person would anger many and cause distrust in the legal system. An innocent man being killed off would easily cause an uproar on social media and many protests, even if the justice system hadn't technically really done anything wrong.

I'm all for the death penalty. The worst and most dangerous people in our society shouldn't be allowed to keep living, as they'll only continue to cause problems and hurt the people that actually obey laws and give a **** about others. I don't think that a mother that drowns her 3 children in the bathtub should get to live the remainder of her (probably pretty long) life in a prison cell where she'll get to watch daytime tv and eat 3 meals a day. I also don't think pedophiles that permanently traumatize kids for the rest of their entire lives should get to continue living to potentially do that to more kids. People put vicious dogs to sleep; why not vicious (way more dangerous and way more intelligent) people?
there are plenty of people wo traumatize kids. should all of them who do it illegally get sentenced to desth? why would that be better. the kid wouldnt be less suffering. you would only get a feeling of having gotten revenge when all you did was kill a person who had commited a crime, a crime that probably could have been stopped if stuff had been right. (not saying it's not on the individual who commits the crime, but the system has to support ppl and help them.)

no matter what a person does the system has to work for them and for society to be a better place. no matter what people feel they "deserve" - the law and human rights guidelines have to be followed when it comes to punishment. not treating people with human rights isn't okay, ever. if you think that it is alright then i think you need to get your view of reality fixed

Tbh I think rapists/sex offenders/child molesters deserve to die but I also agree with Fleshy's point about how often people are wrongly convicted for things, and I could see it being abused and going horribly wrong so!!

What if someone killed & tortured someone else?

I absolutely agree with everything you said. c:

Last edited:
Tbh I think rapists/sex offenders/child molesters deserve to die but I also agree with Fleshy's point about how often people are wrongly convicted for things, and I could see it being abused and going horribly wrong so!!

as a personal opinion i would want ppl who sexually abuse others to die. but !!! i understand that it's not okay to kill people and i value human rights. and my personal hatred for certain people should not be something that should make it ok for me to kill them. punishments have to be based on facts and stuff like that, not "i personally hate sex offendeds and think they are gross and very immoral so kill them all"
obviously not saying you wrote that asjfdksodofl im just. tired.

Back