• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What scars/permenant injuries do you have

I have one on my head from when I was in 5th grade. On the playground my friend and I collided and she was like 5 inches shorter than me so I thought we just bumped heads, it hurt a lot. Little did I know that somehow her frikkin mouth somehow got up there and her teeth left a gash across my head. I remember holding my head and then everyone started screaming that I was bleeding and when I took my hand off my head and it was full of blood. A bit graphic, but long story short I had to get stitches and it was painful.

Small scar on my right foot from a cut when I was young.

Scars on my knees, hands, and left elbow from a motorbike accident in Vietnam. Had some seriously nasty road rash but ended up no worse for wear. Wear a helmet!

Have a fairly faded scar on my left bicep from being impaled by a metal spike while scaling a fence. That one I'm quite fond of. :p

I'm sure I'll earn some more as time goes on.

I'm not sure if this counts, but half of my face is a little more crushed in than the other. Like my tooth randomly juts inward from the middle two and it's like a line going up from there that's just a little more compact than the other parts of my face.
When I was little, my dad was spinning me on a set of swings that went in a circle, and he tried to stop the ride by grabbing the empty swing, causing me to face plant hard into the thick metal pole that connected the swings like /T\. I slammed face first into the pole hard enough to dent it. I was younger than 5 at the time.

I also have a permanent retainer to keep the middle two of the top set of my teeth from separating again.

Burn scar on my face near my nose, and I don't know if this counts but there is a strong possibility I will become deaf when I grow up.

I have a a little scar right under my nose, which isn't very noticeable. People usually mistake it for stitches. Got it while running around as a little kid and tripped.

Until a few years ago I had only ever had one stitch total, from a nasty fall onto a broken section of concrete footpath as a toddler. That stitch is still clearly visible today as an "x" mark on my right temple.

I also have scars from the following random incidents, in chronological order :
- right big toe where my mum ran over me* with the family van, this flattened the toe in a very distinct way, though no scar,
- left and right big toes from bad breaks caused by (multiple, separate) field hockey mishaps, which haven't left scars per se but certainly show a lot of damage (toes stick up/out at odd angles),
- left big toe from an accident where it got caught in a plastic supermarket bag laying on the floor as I came running through.. that was a doozy, lost the nail and it healed very wonkily - luckily it got hit by another hockey ball a year or so later and got straightened somewhat;
- left shin from deep cut caused by my dad randomly putting a broken computer case in the dark hall one evening in my mid teens;
- burn mark under my left hand under my thumb from a cooking misadventure in my late teens - this incident marked the end of my quasi independence at my dad's and I had to move back home to my mum's until medical stuff was sorted;
- scar across webbing of my right hand where I sliced it open a couple years ago slicing an apple for children in a park - never cut *into* your palm, ever! It was such a stupidly careless thing to do and caused a lot of drama, but luckily none of the children knew anything had happened (and they got their apple as it hadn't been touched by any of the spurting blood, yay!), and I hadn't cut through any tendons etc, so just needed 5 or so stitches;
- keyhole surgery marks for my endometriosis, though the wounds healed cleanly the scars on each side are quite angry still. They don't bother me.

*she did run over me, but that sounds wayyy more dramatic than what happened : I was standing outside the van's sliding door and buckling my baby sister (who was upset as had just gotten lost in supermarket) into her car seat, calming her down, and offering her grapes. Mum put the keys in the ignition and turned the engine on, but had no intention of moving while I was still outside but idk handbrake or whatever (I don't drive) wasn't on and the car reversed of it's own accord.. right onto my right foot. So that was super fun - I had 1/4 of the weight of the van, my mum and 3 sisters, plus all our lugguge as were on our way home from a long summer holiday at the beach. Mum kept her cool, and got the van off my foot as safely and smoothly as possible to avoid further damage. Could have been worse!

Left arm: Rage fingernail scars
Right foot: Scar from stepping on a sparkler ash and a scar from a door

Scar on chin from flipping over bike onto my chin.

Scar on hip from stabbing self accidentally while cutting strawberries.

Scar on foot from first time shaving.

Scar on left arm from baby booster shot.

Not really an "injury", but there's a permanent mark on my leg where I got surgery on it back in 2013.

I have a lead mark on my right pinky when I accidentally stabbed myself with a pencil in Spanish class years ago. Everyone thought I was trying to hurt myself. I also have a scar on the back of my head and on my left knee.

I know I've been hurt enough to get a scar once in my life, but I can't see them. Any permanent injuries is a definite no.

Just recently I was playing with a kitty and she got too into it and scratched up my wrist. It made a scar ON MY WRISTS. (that's going to change the way people see me)

i have some self harm scars on my thighs and arms because im stupid af
and if got like 2 red dots on my arm from bug bites

I have a scar across my left thumb from cutting myself with a knife. Ive never injured that bad before, so I sat at home for 45 minutes debating if I should get stitches. I got four stitches, and now left with a scar and no feeling on it.

I also have a chicken pox scar on my tummy, and a few random ones I don't remember......

I have a huge mark on my butt from when I scraped a chunk of skin off at a water park riding one of those tube slide rides.

When I was little I got the chickenpox then I think one scarred on the outside of my thigh. It's been there for a while, I dunno if it will go away slowly

Back