Changing Your Diet?

thats what ive been hearing, like nuts and peanutbutter and stuff like that

Yeah, she's been eating hard boiled eggs, peanut butter and putting nuts on basically everything and she said she was gaining weight. -shrugs-

Something that might help you gain an appetite would be learning new things to cook.

I'm not sure how much it'll help but it certainly gets me really hungry lmao

Something that might help you gain an appetite would be learning new things to cook.

I'm not sure how much it'll help but it certainly gets me really hungry lmao

i cant cook to save my life (but i can pick out recipes for my boyfriend to cook for me lol) qq

There are tons of websites that offer you alternatives from fatty foods to the healthy kinds of fatty foods that give you the nutrients you need! I know avocados are a big one. c: Make sure you eat 3 times day with snacks inbetween. Also, maybe even work out so you gain the right type of weight :D muscle mass~

There are tons of websites that offer you alternatives from fatty foods to the healthy kinds of fatty foods that give you the nutrients you need! I know avocados are a big one. c: Make sure you eat 3 times day with snacks inbetween. Also, maybe even work out so you gain the right type of weight :D muscle mass~

thank you! sadly i cant work out but i can try the other things

I would say cutting out carbs is great for fat loss, eating things like chicken, spinach, dairy is ok sometimes. String cheese is my favorite snack !

Rice with like everything lol, your veggies meats poultry beans

Also snack on cheese get t h i c c

Also, veggies contain less calories than meats will. So it will take more servings of vegetables to make you feel full, while also filling your stomach, whereas meats will take up less room in your stomach but make you feel full faster. So I'd reccommend a lot of vegetables, unless of course you're able to push through feeling full and fill yourself with more meat lol

As for the nuts thing, some nuts can help you lose, like almonds, pistachios, cashews; while others like peanuts & pecans can help you gain as they are more fatty. And you can easily find peanuts salted/roasted/glazed with honey and therefore more fats.

Last edited:
Eat a ton of peanut butter if you like it. Peanut butter has a TON of things in it that makes you fat.

If you also want to gain more weight from eating habits, try eating a huge meal just before you go to sleep. When you do that your body will instinctively store most of it as opposed to using some of it.

Avoid peanut butter!! it has lots of oxidants, meaning it makes us age, converts healthy cells into cancerous ones, elevates the blood pressure, hardens the arteries, promotes inflammation in arthritis and asthma and causes infertility. Gaining weight doesn't mean eating TRASH. Eat fat, protein and fiber with every meal. If you were to eat any nut butter choose cashew or hazelnut or almond. Avoid processed foods as much as possible. The reason you probably haven't been gaining weight is due to malabsorption which is the inability to absorb nutrients, vitamins, and minerals from the intestinal tract into the bloodstream. If you're interested I suggest you look up the symptoms of malabsorption and see if it's fitting to you and research a dietary plan to help.

Last edited:
Didn't read the whole thread, but if you can do some light exercises, doesn't really matter what you do, just do something to start building muscle. Drink protein shakes afterwards with creatine added in as well. Peanut butter is also good, I like adding it to my cereal. Drink milk as well.

Thank you! I was worried this wouldnt be able to connect to anyone so Im glad you replied, my appetite is really small so im always looking for ways to improve it, right now i currently cant eat "meals" but ill certainly try to eat more of what you recommended, thank you alot!

Since you're having trouble with bigger meals, you can segment the 3 "meals" into 6 "snacks" if you can't really eat much in one sitting make sure that within the snacks you're creating a balanced meal, so like have a protein for one snack, then maybe a fruit/dairy for the next snack. That way all together they balance out. And just like fleshy said you can implement non-meat proteins that will help you gain more weight. So like apples and some peanut butter would be a good snack that has both fruit and proteins in it.

Considering this thread is a year old I'm sure you figured out a plan for yourself, but I just wanted to say that no one should rush into a change because you're more likely to change back immediately if you do. Over the past 3 years I slowly changed my diet to include a greater variety of healthy meals as well as slowly decreasing bad eating habits. Make the change so slow even you won't notice.

hmm i suggest eating healthy fats. NO junk food. junk food in moderation is ok but not a lot. i read that eating tons of avocados can make you gain weight. but ya, healthy fats is the way to go.

i'm gradually gaining weight (bmi is now healthy after a long time being below) and i just doubled every portion of food i ate, because i was eating around half calories before.

Back