• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Changing Your Diet?

Koden

Bells
Switch
4275-3490-0529
White Pansy
Father's Day Carnation
Red Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Tasty Cake
Over the course of the last two years or so I've had issues with gaining weight because I've been sick-- and every time I approach my family or a friend about it they kind of just blow it off, a lot of diet tips I see are for losing weight, not gaining it, so I was wondering if anyone had some sort of healthy way to gain weight without just shoving tons of junk food down your throat, of course.:lemon:

Last edited:
hey!! there's lots of healthy fats that are good to add into your diet such as; nuts, avocado, peanut/nut butters and coconut oil. Also just try to make sure that you aren't skipping any meals, try to eat at least three decent sized, well balanced portions a day if you want to gain weight! Things like smoothies with nuts/nut milk/coconut milk added are also good. If you're not sure why you're loosing weight try writing down what you are eating and checking if it's really enough, also remember that a little junk food/treats aren't bad in moderation, also things like building muscle can help if you're into that. I used to have serious weight problems and I started to gain weight around the same time that I started to get interested in cooking, cooking meals for myself made eating and making meals much more interesting, so that's always an idea if you don't already, good luck!

hey!! there's lots of healthy fats that are good to add into your diet such as; nuts, avocado, peanut/nut butters and coconut oil. Also just try to make sure that you aren't skipping any meals, try to eat at least three decent sized, well balanced portions a day if you want to gain weight! Things like smoothies with nuts/nut milk/coconut milk added are also good. If you're not sure why you're loosing weight try writing down what you are eating and checking if it's really enough, also remember that a little junk food/treats aren't bad in moderation, also things like building muscle can help if you're into that. I used to have serious weight problems and I started to gain weight around the same time that I started to get interested in cooking, cooking meals for myself made eating and making meals much more interesting, so that's always an idea if you don't already, good luck!

Thank you! I was worried this wouldnt be able to connect to anyone so Im glad you replied, my appetite is really small so im always looking for ways to improve it, right now i currently cant eat "meals" but ill certainly try to eat more of what you recommended, thank you alot!

Eating lots of protein (lean beef, fish, chicken) and carbs (rice, bread, pasta) while doing weight bearing exercises can help build muscle weight.

Last edited:
Just try to eat normally and healthily.

i cant tell if thats snarky or not so ill assume otherwise-- but the whole point of me asking is because i cant lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Eating lots of protein (lean beef, fish, chicken) and carbs (rice, bread, pasta) while doing weight bearing exercises can help build muscle weight.

thank you! ive been eating alot of carbs but sadly i cant do alot of physical activity because im sick-- i guess i could try again though

Eat a ton of peanut butter if you like it. Peanut butter has a TON of things in it that makes you fat.

If you also want to gain more weight from eating habits, try eating a huge meal just before you go to sleep. When you do that your body will instinctively store most of it as opposed to using some of it.

Eat a ton of peanut butter if you like it. Peanut butter has a TON of things in it that makes you fat.

If you also want to gain more weight from eating habits, try eating a huge meal just before you go to sleep. When you do that your body will instinctively store most of it as opposed to using some of it.

really? i didnt know that, thank you! ill have to try that out (also i love peanut butter and will for sure be picking up some at the store)

Just try to eat normally and healthily.

Give her useful tips rather than comments like this, its not helpful.

@The Zephyr Guy, this is good advice and I second it, it definitely works as I have done it before.

Last edited:
I have a relationship issue with food in a deprived format (trying to be subtle about something) but if you want to gain weight I suggest you eat a normal balanced diet. But try and include healthy fats which will help you gain weight with good fat and not that horrible yellow stuff you see on obese TV series. The only thing I can think of right now as an example is an avocado. With every meal you have I recommend you have some sort of carbohydrate and whereas fruit and vegetables are good, they won't help you gain much weight. But nonetheless please keep eating them since the nutrition they provide is important! ~

Last edited:
Give her useful tips rather than comments like this, its not helpful.

@The Zephyr Guy, this is good advice and I second it, it definitely works as I have done it before.

ahh im sure she just misread or overlooked the thread or something, no worries, but thank you!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have a relationship issue with food in a deprived format (trying to be subtle about something) but if you want to gain weight I suggest you eat a normal balanced diet. But try and include healthy fats which will help you gain weight with good fat and not that horrible yellow stuff you see on obese TV series. The only thing I can think of right now as an example is an avocado. With every meal you have I recommend you have some sort of carbohydrate and whereas fruit and vegetables are good, they won't help you gain much weight. But nonetheless please keep eating them since the nutrition they provide is important! ~

the problem im really having when i get down to it is that my metabolism is basically nonexistent but i have absolutely no appetite and hate eating meals, but i could snack for small periods throughout the day, ill try to incorporate more healthy fats :)

If you can't eat full meals, have many little ones throughout the day! Just always be munching on something! But obviously make it healthy. XD

ahh im sure she just misread or overlooked the thread or something, no worries, but thank you!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

the problem im really having when i get down to it is that my metabolism is basically nonexistent but i have absolutely no appetite and hate eating meals, but i could snack for small periods throughout the day, ill try to incorporate more healthy fats :)

Awh I see well if that is the case then I really do recommend eating avocado slices. If you get full easily, try and not eat fruit then since basically all fruit have no calorific content in them. And with carbs, although they are the key to gaining weight, if you have no appetite then carbs might work against you since they fill you up very quickly.
Another good way to balance out the periods of eating is by having 5 meals a day with small portions instead of your 3 core meals a day.

Also, on a little side note, If you are very struggling or feel down about this and food please dont be afraid to PM me I would be more than happy to give you help and support ~

If you can't eat full meals, have many little ones throughout the day! Just always be munching on something! But obviously make it healthy. XD

Don't do this. This will increase your metabolism and make you LOSE weight.

Last edited:
Awh I see well if that is the case then I really do recommend eating avocado slices. If you get full easily, try and not eat fruit then since basically all fruit have no calorific content in them. And with carbs, although they are the key to gaining weight, if you have no appetite then carbs might work against you since they fill you up very quickly.
Another good way to balance out the periods of eating is by having 5 meals a day with small portions instead of your 3 core meals a day.

Also, on a little side note, If you are very struggling or feel down about this and food please dont be afraid to PM me I would be more than happy to give you help and support ~

gah thank you, at first i felt think this thread would bother people or create a problem but im so thankful to have received so much help, its been awhile since i wanted to get back into the swing of things and im definitely feeling more confident now!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I made a typo. It makes you lose weight.

really? ive gotten that advice alot too, but i really just need to work up an appetite, without physical activity? if that makes sense

I made a typo. It makes you lose weight.

Does it actually? I figured if they eat a lot, especially protein, they'd gain weight. My mom started eating much more protein than she ever has and she's been gaining weight.

gah thank you, at first i felt think this thread would bother people or create a problem but im so thankful to have received so much help, its been awhile since i wanted to get back into the swing of things and im definitely feeling more confident now!

- - - Post Merge - - -

really? ive gotten that advice alot too, but i really just need to work up an appetite, without physical activity? if that makes sense

Awh I'm glad! If something is really troubling you, there are always ways and means to call for help and express the issue on hand. Im just glad you have done! You certainly posted in the right section of the forums so I guess rules and regulations havent been broken either so dont worry! ~

Does it actually? I figured if they eat a lot, especially protein, they'd gain weight. My mom started eating much more protein than she ever has and she's been gaining weight.

thats what ive been hearing, like nuts and peanutbutter and stuff like that

Back