Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Pink Feather
Celeste Chick Plush
Dreamy Easter Egg
Pink Hybrid Lily
Sweet Feather
Crescent Moon Glow Wand
(Been seeing a lot of negativity on the other threads, so let's make something positive!)

What's your life philosophy, and why? What's your story? It could be a quote, a phrase, a saying, a song, whatever you think represents the way you live your life best. c:

For me, it's Carpe Diem, seize the day. There was a time period in my life when I wouldn't take opportunities that were given to me and I'd almost always end up disappointing myself afterwards. My inaction was due to fear. Most of the time, they were opportunities in which I could've befriended or complimented someone. I tend to be pretty timid in social situations, even though I really wish I wasn't. (I wish I had the natural charm to just GO UP to people and talk to them). That mentality has always made me feel like I was...missing something.

Something in me changed, though. About two years ago, some sort of fire ignited in me. I was tired of living such a boring, passive life. The thought crossed my mind, "What am I waiting for?" This sudden change of mind applied itself when I went on a retreat with my peers. I did things my past self could never, not in a million years, predict I'd do: I hiked, I climbed a vertical ropes course, I jumped off a pole for the leap of faith?and it was the best feeling in the world. I'd never been so daring in my life, but I loved every second of it.

I took that mindset with me as I moved on to a new school. I actually said hi first to strangers. I smiled. I waved. And I met so many wonderful people that way. Sure, starting the conversations got awkward at times, but I always felt so...accomplished when I did it. When I went up to people and said hello. Or complimented them.

Because you only live once.

(Well, that's what I believe. It's a-ok if you believe otherwise). :)

This song sums it up pretty well:

This life that I am living is a gift. I want to live it fully and happily. That is my life philosophy.

What's yours?

I know it's pretty typical of me, but there's a line in a Bowie song which describes my feelings toward life perfectly. "I don't want to die but I don't want to live."

I believe that there is a difference between being dead and not living. You don't necessarily have to be dead to not live, and vice versa. So, I try and live as much as I can, in every form of "living".

Throughout my entire life up until about a couple years ago I didnt really realize how good I had it in terms of family, friends, and money. Now that these things are more or less gone, I realize that nothing lasts forever and that the world and the people around you are constantly changing. I want to share things. I want to share my ideas, my money, food, clothes, love, anything. I want to help people in need, my philosophy is something along the lines of, if you have a dollar and a you see a person who needs fifty cents you better share it. Generosity is key

Basically the part in the Lion King where Rafiki tells Simba he can't run from the past. The Lion King was my favorite movie growing up and that part of the movie helped me a lot in the last few years. I even got a Lion King tattoo in tribute to it.

Do whatever you wish as long as you aren't hurting others, don't worry about stuff that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, and try your best to say what's on your mind and take risks.

Last edited:
"It's hard but it's worth it"
"there are ways out.
there is a light somewhere.
it may not be much light but
it beats the darknes"

But mainly, "I don't want to die a unlived life". Throughout the past 17 years I've been here(and especially what's more to come), I had been push down with such tribulations that I shouldn't even be experiencing yet. That childhood? Never had one. These teenage years I'm dealing with, nada. I tend to want to give up. As time past by I began to have a lack of empathy. That's probably why I get in a lot of arguments here or to be "disliked" since I'm not swayed by others feelings or struggles. Happiness, anger, etc, I hardly feel any of that. Maybe it's because how I was and the challenges I had to go through.

I feel as though I'm not entire living besides breathing. I get bored easily and having a idea or hobby I use to love just seems uninteresting as time goes by. But I personally don't want. I believe this is one hell of a challenge I need to overcome and I guess that's what makes life a little more interesting.

For me it's basically that a life spent serving others is what will truly make you (or at least me) the happiest and most fulfilled.

I have a fairly bleak outlook on life at face value, but I'd like to think that there's a good message surrounding it..

I always try to remember how insignificant I am in the grand scope of the universe- we're all but a speck of dust comparatively to our surroundings. It kinda bums me out thinking about how nothing I ever do will really matter in the end, but it also brings me comfort. It makes me realize that I shouldn't worry about small little mistakes that I make and that I should just "go with the flow" and let life take me where it means to. Because in the end, it won't even really matter and I should just enjoy the life I have.

I don't even know if any of this makes sense transferred into writing but it does in my mind xD

My rules need an update, due to celebrity events from the last few years, but here were my top 3 rules for a long time:

1. Always eat dessert first. you don't want to run out of room before dessert gets served.
2. Never take the stage after James Brown.
3. Never trust a green-eyed woman.

I have a few....carpe down being one also, have that tattooed on my back. Another is ad Astra per aspera, another tattoo that I got during a difficult time. Was shortly after my dad died. Always loved Latin and that just seems to define things for me...to the stars through adversity....not that I reached the stars yet but...

" Life is like a Rollercoaster, enjoy it for however long the ride lasts. " ~ Me.

Last edited:
This might not make much sense, but I've always had problems with grudges. I've spent years being angry over events that happened, things that I couldn't change. I spent the majority of my life being angry at my mom for not being present, for allowing her depression to take over. I spent years being angry at my father for not being the father I wanted, one that I could actually have a good relationship with. I spent years being angry at people at my old school, for messing with my head and saying that they liked me and they were my friends, when in fact, they were not.

My new life philosophy is to let the past go. It's okay to be angry for a short while, but never dwell on the past for too long, as it can easily turn into a future of anger, and bitterness.

I have a fairly bleak outlook on life at face value, but I'd like to think that there's a good message surrounding it..

I always try to remember how insignificant I am in the grand scope of the universe- we're all but a speck of dust comparatively to our surroundings. It kinda bums me out thinking about how nothing I ever do will really matter in the end, but it also brings me comfort. It makes me realize that I shouldn't worry about small little mistakes that I make and that I should just "go with the flow" and let life take me where it means to. Because in the end, it won't even really matter and I should just enjoy the life I have.

I don't even know if any of this makes sense transferred into writing but it does in my mind xD

It does make sense.
This sounds out of the blue, but... thank you.

Attitude is everything.

Adversity does not define you. Neither does good fortune.

It's how you respond to what happens that does. In the end, your attitude is the only thing you can control fully. You can have everything and be miserable, you can have nothing and be the happiest and most loving person in the world.

Grace and gratitude are the things I am trying to make my permanent attitude.

If I just carry on, it'll be fine in the end (probably)

Last edited:
It does make sense.
This sounds out of the blue, but... thank you.

Awe, if I've helped you out in any way that would make me so happy :D

You're quite welcome. Thank you for speaking up and letting me know, that's made my day c:

Back