• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Animal Crossng villager ideas, anyone?

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
If you wanna cut to the chase, read the parts that are highlighted. :)

So, many of you may not know, but back in 2011, my brother "DZ98gaming" was starting a new project called "Animal Crossing: Forest Life." However, over the years, he has grown away from Animal Crossing in general. He does play, but only once every couple months. And he only plays the GCN version. Sadly, he has officially declared to me that he has given up on his dream. It's mostly because the computer that he designed the games on died--it was an old computer--and after that, he lost motivation. Also, he will start college in one month, so he won't have time to do anything with Animal Crossing anyways. :(

He had assigned me to be the head designer for the game. He wanted the game to include all the villagers from Animal Forest E+, and any new ones created and recommended by ordinary people. While my brother may have stopped game design, I haven't stopped character design. I, myself, have created two villagers: both are cats, and they're named and designed after my pets. I still, to this day, love to draw characters from the Animal Crossing series, and this is where my point comes into play.

Do any of you have an idea for an Animal Crossing villager? If so, you can recommend it to me, and I will try to make a design for it! For the design to be as good and accurate as possible, I have some set rules:

1. Please specify what type of animal it is, their name, and what gender it is. I don't need to know the personality, unless the appearence of the villager is greatly influenced by its personality. If that's the case, explain what the design is in detail, as explained below.

2. Try to explain, in as much detail as possible, what the villager looks like. Eye color, shape, fur/skin color, any patterns or designs present, overall appearence (happy, silly, grumpy, smug, etc.), and anything else.

3. The villager should be a current animal existing in the Animal Crossing villager list. It is easier to contribute to an already-existing list than to make a brand new one. This includes anteaters, bears, birds, bulls, cats, chickens, cows, crocodiles, deer, dogs, ducks, eagles, elephants, frogs, goats, gorillas, hamsters, hippos, horses, koalas, kangaroos, monkeys, mice, octopi, ostriches, penguins, pigs, rabbits, rhinos, sheep, squirrels, tigers, and wolves. If you have an idea for a new species, I am all ears, but I will *consider* it. It would be easier just to pick out of the list.

4. Designs shouldn't be overly complicated, unless you want to take longer to explain the intricate details.

Other than that, I am all open for villager design requests!

*Note: I can only do so many at a time, and I have a semi-busy life outside of TBT, so if I am flooded with requests I may not get to yours right away. Just please be patient. :)

I will draw the designs in Flipnote Studio 3D, and I will upload them onto my iPhone and post them in the comments in a reply to your comment. Sorry, I am not rich, and therefore cannot make Photoshop-esque or high-quality pictures easily. However, if you really like the design, and by request, I will draw it again on paper and *try* to take a good picture of it. Bear with me, people.

Thank you for reading my super-long post! :3

***UPDATE***
I am not currently accepting requests for ideas. My life suddenly became flooded with schoolwork and college and responsibility, so I can't assume the responsibility of spending time drawing that I could be spending in study. I will remove this update if there is a change.

Sorry for the inconvenience! I will try to do the current requests I have, but I won't do any more after this until I have the availability! :(

UPDATE #2:
This thread has been moved elsewhere. I will complete the already give requests for free, but future requests will be 10 TBT.

The link to the new thread is here!

Last edited:
image.jpg

Here is an example of a villager I made a while back. I just drew this picture a few minutes ago.

I can't read your entire post because I'm a busy, busy (and important) man, but:

Anteaters are severely underrepresented in Animal Crossing, and that's problematic.

Please be sure to address this.

I can't read your entire post because I'm a busy, busy (and important) man, but:

Anteaters are severely underrepresented in Animal Crossing, and that's problematic.

Please be sure to address this.

Uh, sure, I'll do that. ^^"

People! SHOW ANTEATER LOVE PEOPLE!!!!!

Also, the post is long because I love to put in necessary but extensive detail. Whoops. xD

Someone made a thread where anyone could design their own villager so maybe it'll be helpful for you c:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...wn-Animal-Crossing-Villagers!-Make-One-of-YOU!

I made this thread because I wanted someone to give me a shot. I love to draw, but almost never know what to draw. If someone already has a design idea, they can share it with me, and I will draw it for them! It's just something I would really enjoy doing! :)

But yeah, they don't have to jot down info about the villager's personality or traits. They just need to tell me what they look like so I can draw them!

Last edited:
Well ok I'll give it a go hmmm...how about a white male frog that wears a tux and has a smug personality?

Well ok I'll give it a go hmmm...how about a white male frog that wears a tux and has a smug personality?

Okay. I'll take the detail you given me and create a design!

But not tonight. It is 12:50 am here in Ohio. Too late for me. I will start the drawing process tomorrow! :)

image.jpg

I added in a few extra details to complete it. He is a white and grey frog, wears a tuxedo, and he has a smug personality. He, however, doesn't have a name. But I hope you still like it! :)

A dog based off the Duck Hunt dog. It would be a male. Also, will you share the e+ villagers as well?

Last edited:
A dog based off the Duck Hunt dog. It would be a male. Also, will you share the e+ villagers as well?

image.jpg
It was a little difficult because the Duck Hunt dog is a hound dog, and the model for Animal Crossing dogs is almost nothing like that. I still managed to draw it, though. Obviously he is unnamed, and I had him wear the grass shirt because he spends his time in the graas in the game, hunting for ducks. Hope you like it! :)

View attachment 178607
It was a little difficult because the Duck Hunt dog is a hound dog, and the model for Animal Crossing dogs is almost nothing like that. I still managed to draw it, though. Obviously he is unnamed, and I had him wear the grass shirt because he spends his time in the graas in the game, hunting for ducks. Hope you like it! :)

He looks great! Have you drawn Bow the dog yet?

I have one! :)
I traced it over a picture of the existing villager Twiggy super quickly just to give a vague idea. :)

His name is Kiwi and he's based off of a kiwi bird! He's medium brown with dark brown feet / legs, and the tips of his wings are light brown! :) His eyes are grey slanted ovals, with an outline of black. He also has tiny black eyebrows like Annalisa, his beak is black and a bit longer than the usual birds have, and he wears the kiwi tank! He sounds complicated but he really isn't! :)

Kiwi.jpg

Last edited:
Back