• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokemon Go: Rare/good catches & sightings

I caught a Dewgong today as I was passing a field near my old high school. I don't know if that's considered rare, but I had never seen one before, so I was pretty excited! :)

I caught a Scyther with 593 CP yesterday near the bay front of my town; it's now the best Pokemon I have so far!

Last edited:
I restarted my character and I have gotten much better luck lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Are nests an actual thing or is it just a term you used for a large concentration of hitmonchan in one area?

Nests definitely exist. See the link below for evidence. Basically, there are areas where uncommon/rare pokemon occasionally spawn, but it is very intermittent. For example, there's a park near where I live that people have been catching Omanyte, which is one of the rarer wild Pokemon to see. However, it seems like at most 1 or 2 spawns per day in this park... still more than other areas but by no means a "nest". Then you have areas like where I got these Hitmonchan... at any given time there would be 2-4 on your radar. It would be impossible to go half an hour without running into 1 or 2. Although you can see Hitmonchan occasionally in other places, it's nowhere close to this rate of spawning. And that is what makes it a nest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4ujm48/the_global_nest_atlas_join_us_in_mapping_the/

Last edited:
I restarted my character and I have gotten much better luck lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Are nests an actual thing or is it just a term you used for a large concentration of hitmonchan in one area?

I've thought about starting a new character but it's taken me so long just to get where I am now and I'm only level 18 lol

So I caught a WILD Jolteon today while I was inside my house. I literally started up the app and saw the jolteon shadow with 3 steps on it and I was getting ready to go outside to look for it but it ended up spawning to me instead. My boyfriend started up the app when I told him I saw it and he managed to catch it too. I'm so happy lol.

I managed to catch a Haunter just across the street from our local library. It had 203 CP, which is really quite a lot for the point I'm at right now.

The hill I live on also tends to get a lot of Squirtles and even Wartortle, but I've never encountered any of them, sadly. Oh, well. One day.

I've got some good ones ;) I've got a snorlax cp 1700 ish, I also hatched a porygon today. Caught 3 Scythers and I've also caught a couple of kadabras, a haunter, a magmar and a tauros. I so luv this game.

I've got some good ones ;) I've got a snorlax cp 1700 ish, I also hatched a porygon today. Caught 3 Scythers and I've also caught a couple of kadabras, a haunter, a magmar and a tauros. I so luv this game.

1700 snorlax is pretty legit!

Onix
Dratini
Omanyte
Kabuto
Magmar
Kabutops

I think these are rare worldwide but I have other pokemon that would be considered rare in some countries. I still haven't got a 10 km egg tho so I can't get any of the other rare pokemon its so annoying DX

Don't think it's rare but I caught a Dewgong this morning! It's so cute :>

image.jpg

Holy!! Congrats!

Hatched a 535 cp Magmar from 10km egg.

1700 snorlax is pretty legit!

Thx!!!! He's ALMOST at 1800 but alas, I'm Out of candy. Lol!!! I hatched a clefairy today!!!! Abra was also chilling on my ottoman but he didn't catch on the first try and poofed gone.

I hatched an Onix from my first 10km egg. I got a Magnemite from an egg as well, prob isn't that rare but it's one of my fave Pokes so idc. I also finally caught a Squirtle even tho I've seen quite a few in my radar.

Back