The Bell Tree Fair 2016 - Coming August 6th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully those silly feather, balloon and pinwheel trinket collectibles can finally fall by the wayside and the people will have collectibles representing what everybody truly wants from a Fair:

deep-fried oreo, corndog on a stick, giant roast turkey leg, and elephant ear collectibles!

(also, goldfish in a ziploc baggie, oversized Tasmanian Devil plushies, and neon glowstick bracelet collectibles too, por favor)

Can it please be a footlong corndog? Then we're in business!! ;D

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm glad to see there's someone else out there who knows that elephant ears are the proper name for those delectable treats. I can go to bed happy now.

What else are they called???

hopefully those silly feather, balloon and pinwheel trinket collectibles can finally fall by the wayside and the people will have collectibles representing what everybody truly wants from a Fair:

deep-fried oreo, corndog on a stick, giant roast turkey leg, and elephant ear collectibles!

(also, goldfish in a ziploc baggie, oversized Tasmanian Devil plushies, and neon glowstick bracelet collectibles too, por favor)
I've been to a carnival yesterday, so I'd have to agree on this. Even if the light blue staff disagrees to make any of them.

Last edited:
Apparently SOME PEOPLE call them "fried dough", as though that's not ambiguous as can be.
I never heard of them, despite being to a carnival yesterday. I looked on google, so i'll call them fried dough.

Fried dough is a good description of how the food is made. Aren't elephants endangered anyway?

Okay sass monkey, except you can throw any dough in a fryer and call what comes out fried dough. Calling it an elephant ear distinguishes it from other carb-loaded fried dough balls that might exist, and COME ON. Elephant ear > fried dough all day every day.

Ahh I'm so glad you guys liked the banners, thank you for the kind words! I'm super flattered ahahah :blush: I'm gonna mass like comments now :rolleyes:

points to the gigantic Fair artwork in the OP

That, is some very attractive graphics there * 3 *
the actual Fair better live up to it huhuhu

THUMBS UP to Laudine

Don't worry, I can guarantee the fair is even better than the banners ;) Glad you liked the banners! ♥♥

@Elephant ears argument: in Indonesia we have a snack called elephant ears as well, but it's hard biscuits like this. Fried dough sounds yummy though!

Okay sass monkey, except you can throw any dough in a fryer and call what comes out fried dough. Calling it an elephant ear distinguishes it from other carb-loaded fried dough balls that might exist, and COME ON. Elephant ear > fried dough all day every day.
They are also called funnel cakes ... Dairy Queen is now adding them to their already decadent menu! Lol :rolleyes:

...but elephant ears are crispy and covered in sugar and cinnamon. Funnel cakes are literally just dough piped into oil so they make a coiled shape.

Oops ... How could I forget ... Also called beaver tails in Canada :rolleyes:

- - - Post Merge - - -

...but elephant ears are crispy and covered in sugar and cinnamon. Funnel cakes are literally just dough piped into oil so they make a coiled shape.
This is a DQ funnel cake
2rypr7n.png

I am so excited! I have been a member for a bit but never participated in prior years. Christmas time is always too crazy for me, work wise, and all the family stuff going on, so i am so happy this being held in summer. Yay!!!!!

Funnel cakes are slightly different. These are elephant ears as I know them:

ehGpOlm.jpg

Now to find a carnival so I can indulge.

These banners are gorgeous!

I haven't been to a TBT Fair yet (Just the Fire Festival last year) so I'm looking forward to it.

Funnel cakes are slightly different. These are elephant ears as I know them:

View attachment 178149

Now to find a carnival so I can indulge.
Oh yum yum ... Thats right ... beaver tails and elephant ears are the same ... my sister had a stand at the Calgary, Alberta fair where they made funnel cakes ... the batter is drizzled through a funnel into hot oil making a criss crossed flat patty of dough ... different recipe too ... nevertheless, sinfully delicious

jz7lhj.jpg

Funnel cakes
29cswty.jpg
... so, while perfectly delectable, its hard to imagine these as a Collectible, but I for one, would be all for that!!!

about the elephant ear thing... my family calls them scones!! and if you eat them with honey butter oH gOd theyre good. and the banners look amazing!!!

Omg the banners are seriously mesmerizing! You did an amazing job, Laudine!

This will be my first TBT fair and I'm super excited!

Also all the talk about elephant ears/beaver tails/etc made me hungry and got me in trouble for getting a late night snack lol! That's okay though cx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back