• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Opinions on this art I did?

~Mae~

Mae ✿
Bells
Leif
ど
Pavé
Orange Candy
Purple Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Hey there so normally I do chibis and stuff but a little while ago I wrote this little death note fanfiction that was really sad and blah blah and I decided to draw a cover image for it? It's my first go at anything non-chibi and with any sort of background at all so feedback please?

image.jpg

I used a reference for the pose but L was originally a girl haha so I had to try and make it look okay on the chest area with no boobs so yeah

Last edited:
the way you drew L is very well done but his chest should be more angled since he looks a bit too stiff, also Light's legs look a bit mis-placed compared to his torso but it most certainly is some very nice work!! good job indeed!

the way you drew L is very well done but his chest should be more angled since he looks a bit too stiff, also Light's legs look a bit mis-placed compared to his torso but it most certainly is some very nice work!! good job indeed!

Ah thank you ^_^ you're right about his legs :/ I didn't intend to do that much of them but I realised I needed it because of L's hands I think I meant to erase some of them actually but I forgot... Argh my app is playing up and keeps crashing every time I try to change my brush which has been so annoying haha so I tried to do some blood too but gave up and just hid the layer ahaha

Last edited:
Ah thank you ^_^ you're right about his legs :/ I didn't intend to do that much of them but I realised I needed it because of L's hands I think I meant to erase some of them actually but I forgot... Argh my app is playing up and keeps crashing every time I try to change my brush which has been so annoying haha so I tried to do some blood too but gave up and just hid the layer ahaha

i constantly struggle with digital art so i might be a little bit blind when trying to help tweak things like this, but do you notice how L's chest is at an angle that looks more like hes facing forwards then sideways? maybe try fixing that and I think it would be nearly perfect :)

i constantly struggle with digital art so i might be a little bit blind when trying to help tweak things like this, but do you notice how L's chest is at an angle that looks more like hes facing forwards then sideways? maybe try fixing that and I think it would be nearly perfect :)

Yeah I see what you mean :/ I'll have a go at editing that along with Light's legs in the morning when the iPad has decided to stop crashing on me haha :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've edited his legs at least and I'm trying to figure out how to adjust his torso aha, I feel like the gap between Light's legs is too large by his crotc now though...
image.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

Andd again edited his stupid legs, only a little though

image.jpg

I think L's back would naturally be more curved and slumped over, even if Light is holding him, but beside that it look very good!

This is amazing, you wouldn't see me doing art as good as that! I also love Death Note, it's one of my favourite animes. The only thing I would change is Ls Foot as ( SPOILERS ) when you're dead they aren't naturally pointed c;

Apart from that amazing artwork!

Ahh thank you everyone ^_^ I'm just doing a little bit of research of positions similar to this so that I can try and get L completely right :3

Back