What model is your 3DS?

Found a new New 3DS XL FE Fates edition for the standard price in Hong Kong just this past January. So that's my current one :)

I have a Blue 3DS XL, the older model. The hinge is severely damaged and it takes me a long time to turn it on, and then once it's on, I really can't move it or else it'll shut off. I've thought about upgrading to the New 3DS XL, but I'm also considering the 2DS XL.

Currently playing on a white New 3DS with K.K. Slider cover plates and HOME menu theme. c: I also have the colourful Yoshi plates and the ACNL plates which have many characters on them, but I haven't used those plates yet. (I honestly don't like them too much and I only got them because they were on sale for three bucks but they're slowly starting to grow on me.)

My first 3DS system was just a plain blue one I got around the time it was released. Switched to a New 3DS because the shoulder buttons were starting to fail to the point that I couldn't use them anymore to play Zelda or Mario Kart. RIP buddy.

Persona-Q-Shadow-of-the-Labyrinth-Atlus-Nintendo.jpg

just got it last week, woop- got the OST, case and game too c:

and yeah the japanese one. c:

Last edited:
Persona-Q-Shadow-of-the-Labyrinth-Atlus-Nintendo.jpg

idk why the image flipped back on above post but this one, also I have some see-through protective case on it since those metallic models scratch really easily.

2DS
3ds systems are too big for my hands and the 3d feature gives me headaches.

Well, the New 3ds look cool but the one ones I think were a bit too clunky to carry around I prefer slamming it together when done. Also I always have 3D off except when you need to mess with settings and such.

The Majora's Mask New 3DS XL. I paid $50 above retail and $16 in shipping. I had the pink 3DS but the joystick broke. I fixed it once it broke again and I felt uneasy using it too hard so I just sprung for a new 3DS. Plus it came with the card reader.

The Majora's Mask New 3DS XL. I paid $50 above retail and $16 in shipping. I had the pink 3DS but the joystick broke. I fixed it once it broke again and I felt uneasy using it too hard so I just sprung for a new 3DS. Plus it came with the card reader.

Cool .. used to have that back in the days but had to sell it. A bit too plastic for me though.

I have the regular black New 3DS XL now, I really wanted to get the Isabel white version but I could never find it in stock when buying

i have the original aqua blue 3ds but tbh its way too small and the circle pad's rubber is starting to fall out

The first 3DS I ever played was a flame red 3DS original, I got it for Christmas in 2011. I played on it a lot and in August 2013, when I already played New Leaf, it broke. Like it couldn't read games, and I had mostly physical copies. If I had digital copies it would work but I didn't. So I bought a regular old 3DS again, in the only color target had; purple.

Then in 2015, I got a New 3DS XL in red for my birthday. I gave my old 3DS to my mom and now she plays NL on it.

Last edited:
Back