• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Not sure if sanrio villagers are adoptable but the new welcome amiibo cards definitely are.

Do you know when the returning villager cards release? I'm waiting for Ketchup, Ike, and Louie.

As stupid as this question may seem, it's actually very important to me and my frustrated decorative plans, so please someone answer me! :) Just to know if this update of the game resolves any of those frustrations...

There are some furniture that look like you could put things on them, but you actually can't (like dressers, short wardrobes or libraries). Can someone check this out for me, please? Ones that I remember right now were the mush closet, spooky bookcase (pumpkin series), and regal dresser. Thanks in advance! :)

Cabana dresser, confirmed to work now!
Kitchen island, confirmed yes!
Exotic chest, confirmed yes!
Gorgeous chest, confirmed not...
Blue bookcase, confirmed yes!
Sweets dresser, confirmed not...
Picnic table, confirmed not...
Patchwork dresser, confirmed not...
Sweets player, confirmed to stay on ground despite being a 1x1 item :mad:

Also, is the yut board still too big to be put on something, like the sweets player?

As stupid as this question may seem, it's actually very important to me and my frustrated decorative plans, so please someone answer me! :) Just to know if this update of the game resolves any of those frustrations...

There are some furniture that look like you could put things on them, but you actually can't (like dressers, short wardrobes or libraries). Can someone check this out for me, please? Ones that I remember right now were the mush closet, spooky bookcase (pumpkin series), and regal dresser. Thanks in advance! :)

Also, is the yut board still too big to be put on something, like the sweets player?

Just tried the mush closet with no luck :(

The pufferfish TV and the sandcastle are still too big to put on things too, and they're both 1x1

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know you're able to do that, but what I was saying was you can't put them in boxes and have someone from another town adopt them :/

Oh my bad! Totally misunderstood.

So I time traveled a few days to scan in amiibo cards and I guess Dec 2 is Wolf Links birthday....I don't know what to get him ;-;

I have a very organized town, im wondering where these RVs are gonna set up shop. i keep my game offline all the time to avoid random stuff. but i really like the idea behind this.

Most likely beside that lake on the right, near the town plaza, OR across from the town hall, but I think it's going to be the plaza.

What exactly is kept when you sell your town off to Nook? Like catalog and badges.

I think the best way to explain it is that you get an entirely new town, you get to start all over again and you get a new TPC (Town Pass Card), your badges, DA and everything related is linked to that card, and the card is linked to your town. So you won't get to keep anything of that. The update added a little option that lets you start off with a (partially) filled catalog and a bonus in the form of in-game currency -Bells- depending on the value of your town.

Ah yeah to add on that, you can start off without your filled catalog for some extra Bells, the amount of Bells that you will receive depends on how complete it was I believe. But that's optional, I'd personally keep my catalog as it's a pain to fill it.

Everything besides that, items, villagers, whatever you can think of, will be reset/deleted.

Last edited:
Discovered something interesting: apparently there are separate pictures for K.K. and DJ K.K.. I decided to scan my DJ K.K. card assuming it would give me K.K.'s pic but I got DJ's pic instead!

Funny considering in HHD it treated both as the same person (which they are, but still!)

How does inviting villagers via amiibo cards work? How many days would you time skip for plot resetting?

Back