• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Can anyone help me pleaaase?

I have all the special holo cards from amiibo card series 1, are there any characters that have the Wii U and/or 3DS in that collection? I really want to play the minigames :eek:

if you have additional characters can they also find Wisp or is it only the mayor that can find him?

They can also find Wisp but you can only find him once a day with one character.

Last edited:
Just FYI, regarding that Tumblr/Reddit post that's going around, it is NOT true that when you kick a villager out, the new villager plots in the same spot. I'm not sure where that myth came from, but I can personally confirm that it is false.

thank you for answering my question lars708 so tomorrow i can load up Cayden he find Wisp then Elijah can find him the next day am i understand that correctly?

Last edited:
I love this update.. But you can't hang pictures on the wall, you can only use Wisp once per day, and you just don't get that many coupons.. Plus you can only order 3 things per day.. That's making me kinda sad o:

I love this new update! Whoever said they're just making more money off the cards, you are very wrong.. I'd say some people are still buying the cards for hhd anyways. The cards just have more functionality now. I'm grateful for it, to be honest! It means my money was well spent because now I really get my money's worth out of my cute collectible cards. :lemon:

I'm going to update later tonight, I think. Even though I've been waiting to get Eunice by villager locking and waiting for someone to move her out, I think I should play a bit with the new update. The good thing is, is that I can wait for someone to have Eunice move and I can still get some use from the cranky villager Elvis. I won't have to worry about someone having Willow afterwards because I have her card and can use it whenever I want. Then when I've got Eunice and I've gotten all my use out of Elvis for that new bridge project the game can kick him out to make room for Willow. Yay!

thank you for answering my question lars708 so tomorrow i can load up Cayden he find Wisp then Elijah can find him the next day am i understand that correctly?

Exactly!

Can anyone help me pleaaase?

I have all the special holo cards from amiibo card series 1, are there any characters that have the Wii U and/or 3DS in that collection? I really want to play the minigames :eek:

They can also find Wisp but you can only find him once a day with one character.

K.K. had them for me, I didn't use my cards of him but the figure Amiibo however I'm sure it would be the same items.

apparently when you choose "take a break" you're not able to sell, it wipes your town completely. this is just what i've heard though.

I didn't see this and then I went "oh what if..." and I never backed out when I realised what was going on like an idiot. At least I transferred all my rare stuff and my money to my girlfriend's game anyway for the reset.

My only complaint about the update is that you can't center furniture like you can in HHD. I was really hoping we would get that, but they didn't include it. :(

Otherwise I really like it. The campsite is so cute.

I tried looking this up and didn't find anything, but is anyone else having trouble with the dream suite after updating? Any time I try to enter a dream address, Luna tells me there isn't a dream town associated with it. I know for sure that I'm entering the correct addresses and I have visited these towns very recently, so I'm wondering if it only works for players who have updated their games as well.

Are the balloon gifts still most likely to be balloon furniture, now with the possibility of other random items? I've shot down three balloons since the update, and all had balloon furniture as usual.

I tried looking this up and didn't find anything, but is anyone else having trouble with the dream suite after updating? Any time I try to enter a dream address, Luna tells me there isn't a dream town associated with it. I know for sure that I'm entering the correct addresses and I have visited these towns very recently, so I'm wondering if it only works for players who have updated their games as well.

Old Dream Adresses no longer work as of the update. Users are required to create new Dream Adresses if they wish to share their towns. I think that you are using old adresses which are invalid now.

So is it just me, or did the Gracie's fashion check get stricter? I vaguely remember being able to pass the test without wearing an accessory, but still have the majority of the outfit fit the theme and pass the check. She just told me she wont take me seriously without shoes or accessories! It's been about 2 years since I got the Emporium in my first town, so I'm a little fuzzy

Yup, I did it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wiki says following:

Beans that are thrown on the ground in the Campground or Main Street will now attract nearby birds, who will land on the ground and eat them
Players will pose in a fighting stance when interacting with a Judge's Bell

although it also says the dance around the bonfire can be done with the PWP which I tried and it didn't work. Only the one in the campground works?

I guess I'm going to be throwing beans in the campground for the rest of my life, then.

I love this new update! Whoever said they're just making more money off the cards, you are very wrong.. I'd say some people are still buying the cards for hhd anyways. The cards just have more functionality now. I'm grateful for it, to be honest! It means my money was well spent because now I really get my money's worth out of my cute collectible cards. :lemon:

My thoughts exactly. I've already completed Series 1 and 2 for HHD and started 3 and 4, but other than that, it was just fun collecting them. Now I'm happy I can also use them in New Leaf! Now I feel like my money was well spent haha

okay thank you for answering my follow up question lars708 i'm sure i'll have more i'm so glad this forum was recommended to me.:)

Last edited:
Aww, when you start up Desert Island Escape, the boat has your town flag as the boat's flag! :D

how do you get the ds from your npc amiibos? the first time i scanned isabelle with wisp she gave me her pic, and the second time a round clock. do i have to just keep doing it until i get it, or am i doing something wrong?

- - - Post Merge - - -

found the answer to my own question: apparently you need the npc figurines, not cards, to get them to your campsite.
this post is super good at explaining the functionality of all the different types of amiibo!

Last edited:
I tried creating a new file on my new cartdrige, and when you arrive in town, the camping is blocked with a fence (the same one you see while visiting a dream town). I'm not sure on how it's unlocked.

Back