New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

I'm not understanding the coupons. What are town initiatives? ( sorry if this has already been explained).

It's basically like getting mini badges. You know how you have to do something a certain amount of times to get a badge? Like pop 50 balloons, or catch 100 fish? It's like that, except now it's more like 'work as a barista at the roost', or 'catch 20 fish by Monday' or 'catch an orchid mantis'. Once you complete the task, you get coupons, which you can use to buy new items from animals visiting in the campsite.

heyy also does any1 know how 2 play the minigames that u can apparently play from amiibo festival? i have a new 3ds but i dont see the option anywhere what in the hek

You can only play the game if u have a Wii U in your home. You can get a Wii U from fortune cookies or order them from villager trailers.

I'm not sure if this was already in version 1.1 (if so it never happened to me), but I just spotted Bangle, who is in my 16 villager cycle, dancing at the Club LOL. So far I had only seen actual villagers of my town

Sorry if it's not new though!

Ok so I just read this manual in the game. On page 17, Harvey's campground it says you can invite characters to the campsite by cards and USING THE INTERNET. Does anyone know what that means?
It means you can connect online and download a villager to move into the Campground. Like how the DLC items with the Post Office works or the DLC villagers in HHD. So expect DLC campers/villagers in the future!

I haven't been online in MONTHS but I HAD to log in to see if everyone else was freaking out as much as I was and OH MY GOD I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS UPDATE

mine's downloading as i type this!! can anyone give me a super quick run-down of what's included? i know about sitting on rocks, hanging clothes on the wall, shaking trees while carrying tools.... and I hear there's an RV site? and you can restart your town? and HHA amiibo cards? does anyone have the time and excitement to elaborate?

Where is Harvey's campsite? It looked like quite a big area and I was wondering whether it messes with your town at all.

Animal Crossing Update tl;dr

Idk if this has been compiled yet, but I made this for the Animal Crossing Line chat, so I thought it would be helpful to copypasta it here ~

Animal Crossing New Leaf Update - 11.02.16
Nintendo Direct (about 15 minutes long): https://youtu.be/5Bk3dAR0M68

It's available now for free in the eShop!

Tl;dr for those who couldn't watch the direct as well as more confirmed information via Reddit and tumblr.

• Amiibo functionality, invite characters to park in a special new area called the Campground. Works with all AC Amiibo, the cards, Splatoon and Zelda Amiibo.
- Zelda amiibos appear to be random when scanned
- Special villagers such as Wolf Link, Ganon, Medli, or Epona can move to your town

• Wisp appears once you progress to a certain point and can be found by walking around until you are called by an unknown voice at least a day after the update.

• Amiibo villagers can be talked to, invited to camp, or invited to live in your town permanently from Wisp
- Wisp can only grant one wish per day
- If your town is full but you want an amiibo to move in, you can kick out one of your existing villagers by choice
- The villager replacing an existing one will plot their home in the same spot
- You can use amiibo cards to move a villager back in even if they have not cleared the cycle

• Amiibo cards of special characters such as Isabelle can be used to get their pictures

• New villagers brought back from older AC games

• HHD’s decorating mechanics added once you have the necessary upgrades. Talk to Lottie at Nook’s Homes in order to unlock
- Requires house to have a second floor and new secret storeroom upgrade
- Clothes can now be hung on walls
- Storeroom upgrade provides tons of new storage space. Storage can be accessed anywhere in the home via menu.

• New clothes/accessories and furniture
- Some are only obtainable through amiibo villagers, possibly through Wisp
- Special items and furniture if you link up save data from HHD
- New items obtainable through fortune cookies including the Wii U and N3DS furniture
- Balloons no longer exclusively contain balloon furniture and can now drop any kind of furniture
- You can now interact with furniture items while sitting near them

• MEOW coupons, a new currency from doing daily tasks. It gives you more an incentive to play.
- Used for purchasing items at the RV park store and furniture inside RVs.
- MEOW coupons can be exchanged for bells at the ATM at a rate of 3,000 bells per coupon
- Tasks are now displayed on your TPC

• New minigames obtained by having the WiiU/N3DS furniture
- Desert Island Escape
- Puzzle League

• Can sell your town when resetting your town so you don't start with nothing.
- Can choose to either keep your catalogue or sell for more bells
- Money can be gained instantly as one giant sum or as 100 daily payments with 10% interest

• Ability to silence people in Club Tortimer

• Ability to sit on rocks

• Free weeding if you haven’t been to your town in a while

• Nintendo 3DS image share can now be used in-game

• Amiibo camera that allows you to take photos with villagers

• You can now shake trees with a net/watering can/fishing rod equipped

• Your character’s arms will now match the color of your mii mask

• Glitches have been patched (RIP net glitch)
- Hacking doesn't work anymore. If you still want to hack, be sure to make your final changes before updating.

• Villagers now have extended time on when they will move out (more time to convince them otherwise)

• You can now get a special item and celebrate your town’s anniversary

• New special fertilizer from Leif that can revive dead trees

List of new villagers → http://bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com/post/152642288402/all-long-lost-villagers-in-the-animal-crossing

Last edited:
FYI everyone if you reset your town they have added MORE rocks.

I've had a few potentially good new towns but all of them have maybe 5 more rocks than usual.

I guess we have more places to sit. Lazy mayors?! ;)

FYI everyone if you reset your town they have added MORE rocks.

I've had a few potentially good new towns but all of them have maybe 5 more rocks than usual.

I guess we have more places to sit. Lazy mayors?! ;)

I STG Nintendo is trolling us. This update has me so upset. :( I didn't care before, because I thought it would be optional, but it's really not, and all the dreams are gone.

Is this for items or villagers? I'm going to be really mad if my Wolf Link amiibo gives me someone else.

i've heard pretty consistently that Ganondorf gives Ganon, Wolf Link gives Wolf Link
the rest of the zelda amiibo might be 100% random, though I suspect all the wind waker amiibo give Medli

Does anyone know if the older games villagers whom are returning will be in the series 4 cards?

im loving the hhd furniture arranging :) so much easier!

I'm very disappointed with the hhd furniture arranging. I was hoping they'd allow you to take from and put items away using your storage, but you have to have all the items in the room before you can move them. It makes the feature pretty much useless to me.

Back