• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

This is kind of annoying, considering I don't have the new 3DS, nor the amiibo reader thing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I like the idea of the amiibo, but Animal Crossing will be like Mario Kart... Nintendo Crossing New Leaf, I don't want the new Nintendo villagers

What are you talking about? No where in the information that Nintendo has given us so far about this update has mentioned having other Nintendo characters in the game. It's just the villagers.

I haven't been as excited about Animal Crossing since I heard the Japanese Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer was coming out. I have never played any of the Animal Crossing Games before New Leaf, so seeing a character from a previous game is amazing to me.

What are you talking about? No where in the information that Nintendo has given us so far about this update has mentioned having other Nintendo characters in the game. It's just the villagers.

biscuit was referring to this:

amiibo_img03.png

(source: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/egdj/paper/index.html)

it seems like amiibo figures from other nintendo series (i.e. splatoon) can be used to unlock special items.

Last edited:
Well the Villager Trading Plaza is going down hill after this update.

This is the perfect opportunity for me to get back into collecting the card! If a villager moves out, no worries, I just scan in anther villager and prevent random move in's!

I need those squid squirrels! Part of me is hoping you can use the alt costume cards to change that characters outfit because they seem pretty useless otherwise. just like the squid sister amiibo until this uodate

o: whoa, seriously?! i'm pretty surprised that they're updating the game three years after it came out, but this is pretty cool! ...but at the same time, kinda uselessto me since i don't have the nfc reader (or a new 3ds), and the only amiibo card i have is kapp'n and i kinda doubt you'd be able to move him into your town, mainly because it'd be a little weird to have one kapp'n wandering around your town and another on the boat that takes you to the island lol

I've been trying to get Caroline in my town, but the campsite is pretty cruel.
Well, that update would help me to get her without waiting her to appear in the campsite or waiting someone to let me have her.

I would have to buy an accessory which reads the amiibo cards or buy a New 3DS XL

This is great news. When HHD came out I managed to collect about 70 of series 1 then bought my fave characters on Amazon for $3-5.I also bought the AC amiibo figures just because I like them. I ended up playing HDD rarely...like maybe once a month. Being able to use my collection in NL is very exciting.
John

Last edited:
****. Now I have to buy the Ambio figures too. Kms, more money I need to spend because I'm addicted.

MY ANUS IS READY.

I collect the cards so I legit am SO pumped for this!! It'll make finding dreamies extremely easy!! Bless Nintendo! <3

This is SO AWESOME!!

Super excited to finally get my dream village, and all I have to do is ... uh ... spend actual money..?

Oh well, it's worth it. No complaints from me.

Wait, Wisp is back?

This is pure hype, Wisp is my favorite Animal Crossing character.

It's disappointing though, because that means there will be no new AC game for a while...

I already have my favorite villager so I don't care about that part. I am however interested in new items. New furniture that isn't based off of another franchise PLEASE.

I guess if you have the amibo card that has someone famous like k.k slider or Isabella, they will just visit you and maybe give you a free item? And if it is a villager, then you can have the opportunity to live in your town. Would be AWESOME if you could place where they would go :)

Absolutely shocking. Would have never imagined in my wildest dreams that Nintendo would update this game. Crossing my fingers it can bypass the 16 villager cycle. This will probably be the thing that gets me to buy Amiibo.

Last edited:
I absolutely hate the amiibo side of this coming update. I feel like it takes away the fun of random villagers and then having to work hard for your dreamies, and all just because Nintendo wants to sell products.

I absolutely hate the amiibo side of this coming update. I feel like it takes away the fun of random villagers and then having to work hard for your dreamies, and all just because Nintendo wants to sell products.

It won't take any fun away, because you're not forced to use this new feature. You'll still get random villagers if you don't talk to Wisp.

I am curious to what this will do to the online villager trading market. I wonder if you'll be able to still trade with people or if Nintendo will cut that out completely.

Back