New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Maybe it's Wisp that lets you add the new villager. It says hurry up and get a card.
Maybe it happens when you have an open spot in your town. When you start up the game you get sent to his house.
Or maybe you build his house or building in main town. The sofa in Wisp house is one from HHD.

I'm excited for the amiibo cards to see what they can do. I'm hoping that they finally give us the blue argyle tank that they never released. An update for Gracie store would be nice. On sale times instead of the card table we could get HHD furniture.
Use Luna card and you get the items from the spa. I want those pieces to add to my Spa/bathroom/massage room that is in the museum.

If you just want to buy a few cards the easiest way is Ebay. I've completed all the cards from trading at the post office here and than used Ebay to fill in the rest. Most offer free shipping when you buy from Ebay. I've bought from the same seller/traders for 3 series and had no problems.

Edit because I forgot to mention my in game birthday wish for all my players. It was a NEW AC game. This is close enough.

Last edited:
People also tend to forget why Nintendo needs to update Animal Crossing: New Leaf. They are releasing a phone app for it and it needs to work in conjunction with the current game. The NX will come out only next year.

Last edited:
Oooh this is exciting! I hope to get the new items from HHD. ~
And to decorate the outside of houses!

Maybe it's Wisp that lets you add the new villager. It says hurry up and get a card.
Maybe it happens when you have an open spot in your town. When you start up the game you get sent to his house.
Or maybe you build his house or building in main town. The sofa in Wisp house is one from HHD.

I'm excited for the amiibo cards to see what they can do. I'm hoping that they finally give us the blue argyle tank that they never released. An update for Gracie store would be nice. On sale times instead of the card table we could get HHD furniture.
Use Luna card and you get the items from the spa. I want those pieces to add to my Spa/bathroom/massage room that is in the museum.

If you just want to buy a few cards the easiest way is Ebay. I've completed all the cards from trading at the post office here and than used Ebay to fill in the rest. Most offer free shipping when you buy from Ebay. I've bought from the same seller/traders for 3 series and had no problems.

Edit because I forgot to mention my in game birthday wish for all my players. It was a NEW AC game. This is close enough.
Can you recommend any traders and sellers?

So my question is before you can get those villagers in- you need space right? So you'd still need to TT villagers out or be patient and wait for an opening.

Well, time to finally invest in some amiibo cards and figures! I have held off from buying them as I originally did not have a purpose behind buying them and did not want to buy Happy Home Designer or amiibo Festival being an Animal Crossing purest. I can't wait to see what kind of content we see from this update!

It would be kind of cool if you could scan in other amiibos and get villagers based on those characters. Maybe scan Diddy Kong and get a monkey villager similar to him (he kind of resembles Champ though lol)

It would be kind of cool if you could scan in other amiibos and get villagers based on those characters. Maybe scan Diddy Kong and get a monkey villager similar to him (he kind of resembles Champ though lol)

Wolf Link villager please ty

I also have R.O.B., Fox, and Chibi-Robo. It'd be really interesting to see villager versions of them. It would definitely make me want to buy more amiibo. =u=

Can you recommend any traders and sellers?

So my question is before you can get those villagers in- you need space right? So you'd still need to TT villagers out or be patient and wait for an opening.

Not sure what will happen when they update the game. With the limited space already I don't think they can add more villagers in your town. Maybe they'll expand the town but not sure if they can. I would love more space that is private or for villagers to move in. A safe place for the perfect fruit or hybrids to grow. Off limit to villagers.

If it stays at ten villagers than one would have to move out before you could add another.
Sending you a PM with traders.

Guys, an eagle villager that looks like Falco. And I doubt Toadette, but an Alligator villager that looks like yoshi. YES!

Well, better start collecting Amiibo and cards.

I am loving the ideas about having more Nintendo characters as villagers. I'd love to see Yoshi happen.

I hope more skin tone options could be a thing with this update. I don't expect it to happen but it'd be way better than the current system of needing to tan on the island or in summer.

This update sounds fun sadly I have all of my dreamys. If the update is big I might play animal crossing new leaf again I'm taking a break from it.

I will totally buy another copy just for this update. My main town is basically finished, with all my dreamies, so I'll do that just for this update. Callie and Marie are too cute, so I'll want to probably move one in my main town.

Wow. Just wow. This huge! As soon as this update hits, I'll be even more lost to AC:NL for about a year or two I bet (also a Yoshi alligator sounds pretty sweet to me).

Last edited:
@SailorCrossing:I was just about to post about this. IM SOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR THIS. I've always thought it was a cool feature from when I knew it was in e+ and I was hoping it would be brought back into future games. I'm so glad they've decided to use the cards for other purposes too rather than just for HHD, since some don't have HHD/don't want HHD otherwise I feel like those cards would've gone to waste. Now that this feature is being added I finally have a use for my NFC reader. I definitely think these cards move villagers into your town - as that's the role the last cards played for animal crossing e+ and it appears to do the same role but in a different way in HHD and judging by the screenshot that's definitely what they do. However, I don't think it means you can invite specials to live in your town but more like they can visit town. I guess this can give nintendo an opportunity to possibly distribute the villagers who weren't given out as DLC in HHD but were found in the games coding, so hopefully that happens! Also it gives them a huge huge opportunity to give special characters who were removed from ACNL but were in previous games a chance to reappear. For example in the screenshot you can see Wisp who was removed. Maybe there'll even be a card for Serena.. hm. I'm way too happy about this - it's beyond belief. I'll probably invite villagers that are really hard to find on here into town, which will probably be an easier method of getting them instead of waiting it out here.

Had no idea this update was happening sweet i am shocked and happy guess we will have to see what else it brings.

Honestly I couldn't care less about it.

I don't get why they're updating a game that's over three and a half years old. Most likely because we aren't getting another Animal Crossing game anytime soon.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I personally don't have the money nor am I interested in buying more cards, and none of the ones I have I'm interested in having as villagers.
I don't have interest in the Callie and Marie villagers nor the furniture.

And I don't think that they'll increase the amount of animals you can have in a town, as that would mean having to make the town larger and therefore screw up everyone's layouts.

Good thing I started collecting Amiibo cards a few months ago even if I had no NFC reader, though I hardly have the luck to get my favorite villagers. I can't even trade cards since I'm not from America and it would take an extra effort for me to trade cards with active and dedicated players.

I wasn't aware of this until a friend told me about it yesterday, am definitely looking forward to this fall. Gonna have to begin collecting again for sure! :D

Honestly I couldn't care less about it.

I don't get why they're updating a game that's over three and a half years old. Most likely because we aren't getting another Animal Crossing game anytime soon.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I personally don't have the money nor am I interested in buying more cards, and none of the ones I have I'm interested in having as villagers.
I don't have interest in the Callie and Marie villagers nor the furniture.

And I don't think that they'll increase the amount of animals you can have in a town, as that would mean having to make the town larger and therefore screw up everyone's layouts.

This update sounds like it sucks for you, and I'm sorry.

I like the idea of the amiibo, but Animal Crossing will be like Mario Kart... Nintendo Crossing New Leaf, I don't want the new Nintendo villagers

Back