• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

This is pretty exciting even though I'm not interested in using the Splatoon content or amiibo cards myself. I've never played Splatoon and amiibo cards won't really be a faster way of obtaining villagers, not for me at least. They'll just be more costly than using Villager Trading Plaza. But I'm really hoping that other new features will be introduced along with these. I'd love some new furniture for example! The stuff in HHD looks really cool. I'm looking forward to hearing more details about all this.

I'm so so excited for this! Every time I have spare $$ I buy myself a pack..now I'm going want more lol!

I knew this would happen, which is why I bought all of my favorite villagers' cards on ebay. Now I have all my dreamies ready to move in once more.

I wonder if the other amiibo figures will unlock something though?

This is great and all, but what if you already have 10 villagers in your town? Does it surpass that? And will they add additional villagers that were previously exclusive to HHD (and some unused) like Carrie, Claude, Maddie etc.? I mean, they spent the time making the models, they should at least add them here.

well we get two new villagers from splatoon but idk about any other

You know you can just buy the cards in singles off eBay?

I just bought my dreamies ?1-?2.50 each from CEX (uk store online)

i'm so excited for this, i can't wait! i really want the marie villager she's so cute aah

I'm really excited for this because now getting villagers that would've been too hard for me to get off of here now I can get. And I'm excited for the Splatoon stuff, like really excited.

Oh my goodness. This is crazy! I didn't think they would actually update the game after all these years.

I am almost tempted to restart my town because of this. Oh god, this and Pokemon Sun & Moon are going to make me such a hermit this autumn. ?•?

I wonder if this has some sort of relation to the mobile game coming out this year?

Last edited:
Behold. Hyper Training in Animal Crossing!

(Get it? With Hyper Training in Sun and Moon, you wont need to IV breed. And soon to be in Animal Crossing: New Leaf with the cards, there will be no more trading for villagers).

But finally! A use to tap the update data, its been 4 years! I wonder what the special character cards will do? And I hope there will be more updates after the Amiibo Card functionality, like add new villagers and return some villagers. Looks like there's no need for Animal Crossing Wii U/NX at all if it keeps up with the updates. :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

While I m excited about it, its too bad I won't use it. Because I already have my dream villagers. In Leafton and Moonview.

You know you can just buy the cards in singles off eBay?

I just bought my dreamies ?1-?2.50 each from CEX (uk store online)

Exactly what I did. I got everyone I wanted for around $1.50 each. Specials for maybe $2-4. Those Isabelle cards went for like $10 though...

Lowest I paid was $0.50 and highest was like $5. Really worthwhile to buy this way.

Last edited:
I'll be buying packs or whatever to relive my old Pokemon days but buying off Ebay makes sense. I just bought a second cartridge (used, cheap-ish) and just learned how to cycle! lol! I guess I'll enjoy it for the next month if I have time. Can always cycle for my town til I get the cards if cycle business drops. True, there might always be a lil demand. I was looking into more merchandise since I love this game s that;ll help satisfy that need...
In the end, I'm happy to get my dreamies easier and better design my town right down to the villagers you want~

So yeah, what will happen if you use a card of a villager that's moved out recently? Will they be able to move back in? Will the game recognise it as the same villager?

I'm so hyped! Nintendo has partnered with another company to offer improved tech. We're bound to see tons of animal crossing merch and updates as well as a generally anticipated animal crossing game on the NX. I am so hyped, it's really, really hard not to obnoxiously caps-lock everything and screech from the rooftops.

I honestly don't see the point of this unless they add new villagers or old GameCube villagers.

#BringBackBow

Also, is Wisp going to have a new building on main street, or will he have a house that looks regular in the town. Again BRING BACK BOW.

Last edited:
I honestly don't see the point of this unless they add new villagers or old GameCube villagers.

#BringBackBow

I'm fairly certain we will be getting both new villagers and some old. At the very least, wisp is making a return and we've seen squid sister-themed villagers. I'm making assumptions, but I'm sure this is just the beginning of the game's evolution. Hopefully part of that will be bringing back some of our old villagers <3

Last edited:
Back